Odd Issue With Vortex

flightoffear1996

So I was at the haunt on Friday night and went to ride The Vortex at about 11:00. I was in line and heard a loud clang and saw the train jerk and the ride then closed after it cycled. Just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this issue. I have also seen the issue last year but it didn't close down after.

I rode Vortex a little bit after 11pm on Friday. No issues from what I saw at that time.

Empty station for the most part which meant my girlfriend's first ride was in the Ron Toomer seat!

As I discovered last season, there's actually a seat even better than the Toomer seat.

- homestar92, recent 7-1 convert (seriously, on the first drop, you get a pop of airtime that may just be the best in Ohio!)

• Like 4

I rode Vortex a little bit after 11pm on Friday. No issues from what I saw at that time.

Empty station for the most part which meant my girlfriend's first ride was in the Ron Toomer seat!

As I discovered last season, there's actually a seat even better than the Toomer seat.

- homestar92, recent 7-1 convert (seriously, on the first drop, you get a pop of airtime that may just be the best in Ohio!)

7-1 is actually my favorite seat on both Vortex and The Bat, and I agree with you about that first drop. Wow, what a rush.

Didn't want to scare the pants off of my girlfriend as it was her first ride. Hell, that first drop in 7-1 takes me by surprise most of the time.

Most of my rides this year actually have been in 7-1 but I wanted to take it easy on my girlfriend. She actually complained about head banging in 5-1.

Row 7 on Diamondback, Row 11 on The Beast, 5-1 on Vortex, Row 5 on Flight of Fear and yes, she sat in 8-4 on Banshee and absolutely LOVED IT!

• Like 1

I hated Vortex from the very beginning. Back then, it was the "cool" one to ride (over Beast), because it was taller, newer, and steel. All it did for me was make me feel like I'd been in a prize fight, bouncing my head back and forth between the restraints. I only ever rode it if I was at the park with someone who really wanted to.

Until this year. I read about 5-1 here on the forums and gave it a try. I've ridden it a few times this summer, having surprisingly fun rides. I'm taller now, so the restraints don't obscure my view and bash my head like when I was younger.

Then, when I was at the park Sunday, it finally happened. As I was in the station waiting for The Bat to take off I had an actual craving to ride Vortex.

So I did. And had fun.

• Like 10

I stopped riding The Vortex in June and I likely won't ride it ever again unless it's refurbished. It's the roughest ride in the park and makes The Beast feel like you're floating down a lazy river on a mattress. I wasn't able to ride it a single time this season without feeling pain or discomfort of some sort. The same goes for my friends. I couldn't even justify my nostalgia or my desire to ride it to my ex anymore.

So I was at the haunt on Friday night and went to ride The Vortex at about 11:00. I was in line and heard a loud clang and saw the train jerk and the ride then closed after it cycled. Just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this issue. I have also seen the issue last year but it didn't close down after.

Maybe it was that noise a coaster makes when it's sinking?

• Like 7

I hated Vortex from the very beginning. Back then, it was the "cool" one to ride (over Beast), because it was taller, newer, and steel. All it did for me was make me feel like I'd been in a prize fight, bouncing my head back and forth between the restraints. I only ever rode it if I was at the park with someone who really wanted to.

Until this year. I read about 5-1 here on the forums and gave it a try. I've ridden it a few times this summer, having surprisingly fun rides. I'm taller now, so the restraints don't obscure my view and bash my head like when I was younger.

Then, when I was at the park Sunday, it finally happened. As I was in the station waiting for The Bat to take off I had an actual craving to ride Vortex.

So I did. And had fun.

I had the same this past Sunday. I was waiting for WindSeeker to get going, and listening to Vortex's lift made me excited to ride it. I had never ridden it before this year, and now I will likely never go to the park without trying to ride it. Normally I ride The Beast or Diamondback a few times per visit, but this time Vortex was the only ride to be ridden twice.

Before my second ride on Sunday, I had just gotten off an awful ride on The Racer (I was in an uncomfortable position and jammed the lap bar down too far), and I looked down the mall and Vortex just looked really fun to me. I had never experienced that before. The last few times I had been to the park, I felt like I rode Vortex because I should. Something clicked this last Sunday. I love riding Vortex now.

• Like 3