Favorite song heard at KI?

Bansheeback

• 4 weeks later...

2000's under Paramount- "Marion's Theme" from Raiders of the Lost Ark by John Williams, "Superman Main Theme" from the Superman films by John Williams, "The Breakfast Machine" from Pee Wee's Big Adventure by Danny Elfman, "Chariots of Fire" from Chariots of Fire by Vangelis, "Rose" from Titanic by James Horner, theme from "St. Elmo's Fire."

2014- "Happy" by Pharrell Williams (I've heard this while walking into the park on International Street once or twice this year), "Home" by Philip Philips (I heard that one while in Oktoberfest multiple times this season) "Give your heart a break" by Demi Lovato.

• Like 2

In the past, the overture from The Addams Family, "Steady As She Goes" by The Raconteurs, and various cues from Inception (used exclusively at The Crypt for a time) all stand out. Also, I haven't ridden Adventure Express this season, but last year they were using a select piece of music from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Most people probably wouldn't even notice, considering the selection never quotes the familiar "Indiana Jones March," but being a cinephile, I recognized it as the music from the film's opening temple set piece.

For this season, "I Put a Spell on You" by Creedence Clearwater Revival and a cue from Poltergeist (I believe from the scene where Carol Anne is "kidnapped" during a fierce tornado strike) come to mind.

• Like 2

I've had Time Warp stuck in my head all day. My daughter was very embarassed at my attempts to sing and dance everytime we heard it yesterday while walking around. I promised myself I wasn't going to turn into "that mom" when my mom used to sing to the muzak at the grocery store when I was a kid, but something went wrong when I got old. :D

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the NIN song is that they play prior to the Blood Drums show starting? It might be a Trent Reznor song. I have been listening to NIN all over the net and can't figure it out.

It is "The Hand That Feeds' from The Fragile album. I love NIN. They also play Rob Zombie and Ministry :) I LOVE Blood Drums :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Sorry for bumping this topic back up-- but I had to respond!

"Hey Mama" by the Black Eyed Peas (It had been playing near The Racer the first time I had went with my sister)

"Happy" by Pharrell

"Brave" by Sarah Barellis

"We Won't Go Home" by the Colourist (I had actually seen them with Panic at the Disco at Bogarts the winter before last and was so happy to see them on the FunTVs)

• Like 1

"Your Wildest Dreams", and "I Know You're Out There Somewhere"-,  The Moody Blues. I saw them playing at Timberwolf the summer of '88. I was seated middle right. I noticed a really cute blonde girl dancing several rows back with her friends. I thought I would strike up a conversation with her after the show, but lost track of her and never saw her again. Over the years, I would sometimes think about how I should have played that one a little differently. Fast forward 5 years. I'm out of the Army and in college. I am talking with the girl I am dating and we discover that she was at that concert also. She was seated rear right dancing with her friends. Yep. It was her. We celebrated our 14 year wedding anniversary this month. When I hear those songs, I think about seeing my wife for the first time, dancing at that concert at Kings Island; And how 5 years later, I was lucky enough to finally be able to strike up that conversation with her.

• Like 4

Anyone got a list? Or a favorite song that they heard at KI? Maybe one the reminds you of KI?

I'm old so I the music that makes me think of KI are the classical works "Sabre Dance" and "Flight of the Bumblebee" that they used to play on International Street. That was the first thing you heard when you walked into the park so I associate those tunes with feelings of excitement and joy.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Just looked at last year's response, and I'd have to add one song that made 2015 special, and I think a lot of us have heard it at least once...

Ants- EDit

This is the song that played when Shannon and Evelyn (trapeze act) took the stage for Cirque Imagine.

• Like 2

I once heard The Way I Feel About You by Kayrn White which was really weird but the beat is so catchy! It sounds 80s but it was made in 1991.  :blink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGnBV1HMGG0

Coldplay Viva La Vida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgZkm1xWPE

Rumour Has It Adele

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1p6Xbqrbx0

No Place I'd Rather Be Clean Bandit very fitting for KI!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiqAiWGdZGA

I will think of some more! :)

• Like 3