Favorite song heard at KI?

Bansheeback

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite songs heard in the park were the instrumental themes they used to play.  Do any of you remember, back in the day of course, how you could walk through the gates and hear an epic instrumental piece as your eyes caught their first sights of the fountains with the Eiffel Tower rising high above them? Yeah.  Those were great times.  How about walking through the park and hearing themed music for each of the themed areas (yeah there were themed areas, remember them?)  I even liked hearing the songs from Top Gun while waiting in line for Top Gun and hearing instrumental themes from various movies when Paramount owned the park.  Now it's nothing more than just Q-102 or some other pop station blaring over every speaker in the park. Whether you're in Rivertown, Action Zone, Coney Mall, or even Oktoberfest, it's nothing but Taylor Swift, Lady Gag-me, Katy Perry, or some other random pop star banging against my ear drums.  Makes you appreciate the good ol' days in the park, right?

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Last season before the park opened they had a really good mashup of different songs to go with the opening countdown. Second would be Black Balloon by Goo Goo Dolls echoing through the park during a pretty empty park at sunset during a nice summer day.

I also remember back in the paramount days leaving the park as the Top Gun anthem played at International Street

• Like 3

My favorite song heard at Kings Island is any song that doesnt belong to any of the rides' favorite anthems nor any of the music revue shows of that particular year. I hear those track enough when Im watching a show or queuing a ride.

That said.. I think Kings Island will have some songs that will make me the Happiest person.

• Like 1

I guess here would be the best place to post this. There's a song played during Haunt season, but I honestly do not know the name, but i love the song. It has a saxophone playing with an undertone of a smooth electric guitar. Does anyone know it?

Oh and of course, Land Down Under, Men At Work in 2004!

• Like 1

I guess here would be the best place to post this. There's a song played during Haunt season, but I honestly do not know the name, but i love the song. It has a saxophone playing with an undertone of a smooth electric guitar. Does anyone know it?

Do you happen to remember any of the lyrics, or was it instrumental? 

• Like 1

Just instrumental, it is a tune that I got stuck in my head and I can't seem to find it.

• Like 1

Just instrumental, it is a tune that I got stuck in my head and I can't seem to find it.

Was it a song meant for Halloween?  The only stuff I can think off that would fit is the music from Nightmare Before Christmas.  

Whatever cd is in my stereo when I pull into the parking lot.

Idk. I liked the 80's stuff that they played in the Festhaus. Maybe it's just cause I'm old enough to know pretty well every song they did.

Banshee's lift music was pretty cool, too