Location on the old King Cobra track pieces?

Bansheeback

I have heard the rumors but I am not exactly sure where exactly you can see them from...

My Question:

"Where can I see the old King Cobra track pieces on google maps or in person? How about the footers?"

Some answers to your responses:

"WTF are you talking about"

An old coaster at KI. (Paramount Era)

"IDK"

Well I don't either.

"They were freaking moved to KD"

Yes, I know the cars went to KD. I'm talking about the track pieces.

"You can see them from the Adventure Express queue"

Yes, but where in the queue?

I'm sure that track has been turned into import cars by now.

As the construction of Banshee progressed, there became a need to remove most of the remaining footings from King Cobra.

The Apple Maps app still has satellite images from Son of Beast era, but I couldn't make it out on there either.

This website has a picture of where the author believes the track may have been being stored:

http://www.thegimcrackmiscellany.com/2007/06/top-fiver-3-things-you-didnt-know-about-paramounts-kings-island/

You can't (unless someone knows something I don't). It used to be stored in piles behind SOB. Not long after Cedar Fair took over, it disappeared. Likely scraped.

Interesting... What about the concrete footers? I heard you can see them from the Adventure Express Queue?

There's still footings across from Banshee's drop though, between our new inverted roller coaster and Adventure Express. They're remnants from the turn-around at the top of the lift hill.

Regarding track, it used to be stored out in the field past Flight of Fear. Here's a photo from then, courtesy RCDB.com:

lqu040001a8i0240002ams.jpg

• Like 6

The coaster cars from KC were stored at one point underneath the track inside the FOF building. I specifically recall sitting in one during a KIC behind the scenes tour a few years ago, though by now they're likely long gone. The actual KC sign is still on display inside the sign shop if you ever get a chance to go through there on a behind the scenes tour.

• Like 3

The sections of track moved all over the park after the coaster was dismantled. I was still an employee of the park two separate seasons after the ride was taken down and recall the first dumping spot being at the junkyard in front of KI University. In fact, I had a meeting for my marketing orientation that concluded with me talking with one of the trainers about KC. He pointed out several sections that made up the loop in this particular dumping spot. I believe the parts they salvaged then ended up inside Flight of Fear (sometime between 04-07?) for several years and then moved down to the junkyard area behind Firehawk (07-08). I snapped this photo before the trains were removed from the park in 2008, but there were no track pieces present. I was between teaching contracts that summer and took a warehouse job at the park the summer of 08 and had access to nearly every area. Ride maintenance took me and a buddy inside Flight of Fear and no items from KC were still kept inside. I had heard that some of the items were stored in the "spaghetti bowl" and he explained that they were all taken out and used for parts at other parks. Aside from the trains, which were said to be transported to KD at the end of the 08 season, all other items of the ride were removed from the park by that point.

kingsislandbehindthescenes10142.jpg

• Like 7