Snow Tubing at Beach Mountain - The Beach Water Park, Mason, OH

The Beach Waterpark may be winding down from the summer season, but that doesn’t mean things will be quiet when the crews shut off the water slides.

The park’s staff will quickly shift gears to prepare the area’s newest winter wonderland: Beach Mountain. The new winter park is scheduled to open Nov. 21, and remain open through March 2015.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/local/the-beach-embraces-winter-with-new-snow-tubing-par/ng9BT/

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

WDTN - Dayton, Beach Mountain Interview

http://wdtn.com/2014/11/17/the-beach-mountain/

This was the same lady that only got one media hit after their media day (the DDN article in the initial post). She clearly can't speak on camera either. There is also the claim that Beach Mountain is 40' tall and 40' long. That's incorrect. It's about 40' tall, however it's much longer than 40'. It is also implied that the the Winter VIllage section will be in the water park. It'll be on the water park "side" of the parking lot, but not in the water park itself. The vast majority of the water park will not be open for this activity.

With all that being said, let's hope that they have a successful event. The Adventure Holdings people are good people. They are trying to do this right the first time out of the gates. There are going to be snags along the way.

As a reminder, Beach Mountain opens Friday at 10am. The first 100 people down the hill get a Beach Mountain Backpack. (Why they're giving out backpacks at 10am on a school day is beyond me, by the way)

I assure you - I'm not bashing to be hateful, I'm criticizing because I care.

http://www.thebeachmountain.com/

• Like 5

I'm still a be skeptical as to how well this will work, especially given that during the week, Perfect North gives you unlimited tubing for about the same price. The Beach does have a couple of advantages - they're open earlier on many days (Perfect North doesn't start up until 1pm on non-holidays during the week) and they're a lot closer than Perfect North for many people. Hopefully they'll do well.

• Like 2

I posted the news article to my niece that is a nanny. She liked the idea, it would be much better for her charges tha Perfect North, as it is less expensive and closer. One of the boys is skittish about new things, so having a fimiliar area, where you can see KI from where they are, and a closer, more diverse area for tem to play in, would help.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

anyone try this out last weekend and care to report? Weather was less than ideal for tubing (or at least non winter like, but if they could create enough snow, it was probably ideal conditions since you could go in lighter clothes and stay warm.

anyhoo, looked into this a bit and had a few questions/observations. 1st, above it mentions that Perfect north has unlimited tubing during the week for about the same price, this is true, but on weekends, they are priced about the same with what appears to be a 2 hour time frame. 2nd, the web came appears to be from too far away, perhaps it changes during hours of operation, they were closed yesterday so there was nothing to actually see, may be different when they're actually running.

questions:

How do the tube lanes compare to Perfect North? Beach Mountain doesn't appear to be anything too special as I zoom past on 71. could be a lot of fun, but seems like its pretty straight down the hill, now big bumps or turns. Perhaps that is the norm, or perhaps I'm missing something as I zoom past on 71 (easy to do as you could imagine), if anyone has been, I'd love to hear what the experience was like.

The website leaves a lot to be desired; there appears to be pricing for 42" and above and another price for 3 and over, but under 42", but when you go to purchase ticket, you only see the 42" and above ticket. perhaps I'm missing something. What about a 2 year old that is below 42"? They indicate that there is a smaller hill for those under 42", and perhaps that is the reason for the 3 and over and under 42" price point, can my 2 year old daughter ride? If she was 3, could she ride down on the same tube as her Mother or myself? Is she restricted to a play area? Does she get free admittance? What is the play area look like, will it be enough to keep her happy while her brother and mother/father take turns down the hill?

If anyone can provide answers to these questions either now or in the coming weeks, it would be appreciated, I think I'd like to try this out sometime in Jan/Feb but may change my mind depending on what the 2 year old can do.

• Like 1

As far as the configuration goes - from looking at the pictures, it would appear that the lanes at Beach Mountain are shorter and less steep than the ones at Perfect North. I haven't been to Beach Mountain yet, and haven't been to Perfect North in a few years. Perfect North also boasts that they have 23 tubing lanes, and you can start from two locations (halfway up or all the way up depending on your thrill level).

I'm not sure what the deal is as far as ticketing goes. Your best bet there would be to contact them at the number listed on the bottom of the ticket page.

• Like 1