Can You Renew a Platinum Pass (Purchased at Cedar Point) at Kings Island and get the Free Fast Lane +

Ffej

I'm assuming the answer is "yes." It'd make sense that a Platinum Pass to Cedar Fair parks could be renewed at any park. I've already scheduled a trip staying Sunday so that I can take advantage of the KI renewal perks, since CP isn't offering any.

So, I plan on presenting my Platinum Pass (originally purchased at CP), renewing it without any hassle, getting my free Fast Lane Plus, extra perks, and heading into Kings Island without any problems. Has anyone done this already? I really don't want to let my friends down once we get there, since I told them about this offer.

Also, is the Fast Lane Plus a voucher that can be used on any Sunday this season, or do you have to pick the Sunday at the time you renew the pass?

The Fast Lane Plus is a voucher that can be used on any Sunday this season, subject to availability.

However, in the past, I believe Platinum Passes were required to be renewed at the park where originally purchased to get the renewal price/benefits. I do not know if that is the same this year.

The problem with that is I've been told incorrectly countless times over the years from the official source (not KI, just in general), and then it causes even greater disappointment. It all depends on how informed the employee is working that day, and unfortunately, that often varies greatly.

But thank you; I will call the park directly. But, I was hoping for a real experience of someone already having been through this.

• Like 1

This makes little sense to me, but what I was told from a park representative is that since I renewed my CF Platinum Pass at Cedar Point last year, KI's system will not recognize my pass for renewal, so I won't be able to get the free Fast Lane Plus. So technically, whether it's a flaw in their system or not, KI is falsely advertising that current passholders that renew get a Free Fast Lane Plus.

^ Platinum passes are currently marketed as "Cedar Fair platinum passes"; it should be possible to renew at any Cedar Fair park, technical issues aside.

I would recommend visiting Guest Services at the park. Ask to renew your Cedar Point platinum pass into a Kings Island platinum pass with Kings Island renewal perks. Before you leave, ask them to verify that you have a working pass for both 2014 and 2015.

• Like 5

A Kings Island Platinum Pass renewed at Dorney was given Dorney renewal pricing, BUT, I was told to use the KI Platinum Pass until its expiration, then use the Dorney one. Renewal pricing, but not renewal benefits.

So long as it works at Carowinds, Kings Island, Dorney and all other Cedar Fair parks, I'm good...

• Like 2

When I was a customer service rep with FedEx, we were the first contact that people had with FedEx, especially when they had a problem. We went through extensive classroom training for 30 days, and then on the job training for 60 days before we were officially hired by FedEx. During that training, it was stressed upon us that we always give correct information to our customers and if we did not have the correct answer, we were not to give them an incorrect answer. We would ask to put them on hold for a moment or direct them to the team that could help them. We had an extensive database at our fingertips if they needed information on how to pack and ship any type of product or any other question. The very first thing we did at the start of our shift was to check any updates that might had been issued. It was very important that we were all on the same page. If we did not have the answer, then we could ask our supervisor, who might had been monitoring our phone calls. We would talk among ourselves in our group meetings on any questions that we received and ask the more experience customer service reps for their advice.

This same thing would apply to to any questions that the Park might receive, be it the call center, at Guest Services, at the sales booths or from any associate. I did work in the call center after I left FedEx back in 2005, so I could see how each call center operated. Granted, the call center at Kings Island is no way like it was at FedEx, but it would be the same principle. It is always to be on the same page or the customer will become confused. If you should ever call any call center, be it FedEx, Kings Island, Cincinnati Bell or any other, aways get the name of the customer service person. I can't speak for the Park, but I am always sure they strive to be the best that they can be. One thing that I do know, if a person at the call center had a guest that had questions about our Pet Day Care Center, the call center rep would call over to me for clarifications. I would give them a list of FAQ that they could refer to on any Pet Care questions. Our people in the call center are good people and love their jobs. We have a great group of supervisors that they could refer to if they had any questions that they might know or were unsure. I am sure other areas of the Park's operations, from sales to other areas are the same. We are all one team and we help each other. So unlike some big corporations when you call the customer service lines, you will not have "Debbie" with a strong Indian accent answer your call. Just like FedEx, our customer service reps at the Call Center are based right the good old USA, right in the park itself. So in short, as in all customer service calls, call the park and ask for the name of the rep you speak with. Just like I did at FedEx, on each call I received, I would answer, "Thank you for calling Kings Island, this is Michael Perin, how can I hep you." Then at the conclusion of each call, I would close, "Thank you for calling Kings Island, have a great day."

• Like 1

I just want to point out that if a well qualified Debbie with a strong Indian accent can do a good job in Kings Island's call center, I am quite sure she could be hired.

Discriminating against Indians, based on national origin, is illegal under the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. Kings Island is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).

• Like 1

Debbie, who might have an Indian accent can and will be hired by the Park or any other call center with the required training. I was referring to when you call any big corporation's call center, you might be directed to a person in a place like India to answer your call and give you support. They are well trained, both in their English skills and with the company that they have been contracted to take calls for. I have called American Express and spoken with someone at a call center out of the country and she was fantastic. Lots of times, people would get frustrated when they feel they are not receiving the best answer or technical support that they requested. Once, I had a problem with my computer, and the rep (was from India), was reading from a script and using a flow chart based on the technical question that I had. Rather than try to work in solving the problem by going through a set of progressive steps, he instructed me to a complete reinstall of all of my software by re formatting my hard drive, reinstall the operating system and then each software that was loaded. That is the last resort to fix a problem, which was some virus that I had. My major in college was information systems so I know the process of troubleshooting. Even at FedEx, we had a script of how to handle each type of call we had, from taking pickup calls, give them shipping rates. Which were designed to ensure we did not miss anything. Those were easy calls and more complex calls problems like shipping problems did not follow a script, but we had to make sure we gave correct information. Any complex call we would not use a script but if we could not answer the question, we would direct the caller to response team when the issue was escalated. As for billing, we always transferred those to our billing department who had access to detailed billing details and were authorized to give credits and other modifications that we were not authorized to do. In my case with that technical issue that I called about, that fix should had only been a last resort and not at the beginning of the call. Based on my education, training and background at that time, that customer service rep did not seem to be an experience technical support person that was at the help desk, but someone that had limited knowledge. I guess that might had been how they were instructed to handle that type of issue, rather than doing their best and escalating the call to a team to handle more complex calls beyond their knowledge or expertise.

Case point of callers being frustrated when their customer service calls to Cincinnati Bell were answered by a customer service rep overseas. They did not receive satisfaction with how their calls were handled, questions answered that was not correct and or when they ask to speak with a supervisor, they might had been hung up on, or put on very long hold times with no updates from the rep. Cincinnati Bell was being bombarded on their FB page, with their phone calls, and people were just plain tired of the response they were receiving. Because of that, Cincinnati Bell began to move their call center back to the states, to the Cincinnati area. That was the biggest complaint people had with Bell. That was the same with other companies. As for "Debbie" that took my call, the call center she worked from handes calls for lots of companies and each is geared with information depending on the company the caller is calling about. I watched a documentary on TV as to how the CSRs are trained in English and the lingo and slang that an American or British caller might have. They received training on each company that contracted with the center to the best extent that they could. So there are times when "Debbie" would receive a call that is beyond her training or the fast pace of the call center would prevent more personal involvement. Now the rep who works with the company in question, in the States, is more likely to know the issues of the company and in be understood clearly by the caller and not with an accent that might not be clear.

So as long as Debbie, who might have an Indian accent, is trained and is knowledgeable, can and will be hired by any company, including FedEx and Kings Island. Just that lots of time, people are given conflicting information from call centers out of the states and that is one of the biggest customer service complaints. I was taught to always give the correct information and if I didn't have it, ask a supervisor and or direct them to someone who could. But the same question should never receive two or more different conflicting answers, which will only lead to a larger problem and more customer dissatisfaction.

• Like 1

A Cedar Point regular pass is valid at Cedar Point only. It can't be used for anything at Kings Island unless upgraded to platinum.

If you are renewing a 2014 Cedar Point regular pass into a 2015 Cedar Fair platinum pass, you would not qualify for the renewal perks at Kings Island. You may or may not qualify for the platinum renewal price (~$5 savings). Doing this would not get you admission to Kings Island this fall; you would continue to enjoy admission at Cedar Point only until 2015.

If you purchase or renew a 2015 Cedar Point regular pass, it will be valid for admission (but not parking) at Cedar Point only in 2015. A new pass would also be valid for one free visit this fall.

If you purchase a new 2015 Cedar Fair platinum pass, you would receive unlimited admission and parking at all Cedar Fair parks in 2015. You would also get one free visit this fall at the park where you purchase the pass.

I just hope my freshly renewed Kings Island Platinum Pass gets me into Carowinds on opening day...

I have printed my receipt, and will have it in tow. I've heard stories about Carowinds in particular. Hopefully time and training have resolved the issue by now.

Im so ready for Fury 325 but im not sure about going on opening day I assume it would be quite the wait. Hopefully they will have a media day and let coaster club members come like KI did for Banshee

So, since this company still can't figure out how to make their Platinum Passes work interchangeably, can I convert my already-redeemed Cedar Point Platinum Pass back into a Kings Island Platinum Pass without much hassle?

It was originally purchased as a Kings Island Platinum Pass years ago. But because my first trip was to Cedar Point, it had to get converted into a Cedar Point Platinum Pass.

^^ Technical problems often prevent parks other than your home park from modifying your pass, as the master record lives on a server at your home park. When you renew a platinum pass from another park at Kings Island, they'll probably create a new 2015 Kings Island platinum pass. Whether they give you renewal perks and/or pricing seems to be a matter of debate; I suggest asking nicely.

You could try to have them transfer your 2014 other park platinum pass onto a new 2014 Kings Island platinum pass prior to the upgrade, but I would not recommend this route. Some data might not get copied properly, such as any 2014 all-season dining plan(s) that you purchased.

For the record, I was at the park on Sunday, so I decided to experiment and renew my CP Platinum Pass for 2015 at Kings Island with the dining pass, even though the official word from the park representative I talked with (over the phone) was that it could NOT be done.

It worked without a hitch. I handed her my Platinum Pass (which is 5 years out of date, so it's clearly branded "Cedar Point"), it renewed at the discounted $279 price, and I was told my Fast Lane Plus was loaded onto the card. All I have to do is present my Platinum Pass at the Fast Lane booth on any Sunday, and it'll redeem one free FL+.

Then, I asked about the other perks I was supposed to get (Four $14.99 bring-a-friend discounts and an exclusive season pass preview event in 2015). As I was expecting, she confirmed that the season pass preview in 2015 will be for all passholders. Additionally, she stated all passholders could bring friends to the park for $14.99 on Sunday the rest of the season. There were no coupons required for that offer. Again, this was just the word from an employee at the season pass booth, so who knows if her word was accurate. All I know for certain is that I was able to renew my CP Platinum Pass at KI at the $279 renewal pricing. I'm saving the Fast Lane Plus for a future Sunday.

So, as I stated earlier in the thread, calling businesses directly often leads to inaccurate answers as well. I was after actual experience from someone that had already done this promotion when creating this thread, and now we have it.

• Like 2