Can You Renew a Platinum Pass (Purchased at Cedar Point) at Kings Island and get the Free Fast Lane +

Ffej

If KI really kept their word (their website states that only passholders that renew by Nov. 2nd get the season pass preview), that'd be such an excellent and exclusive perk.

I predict it'll just be a marketing ploy and all passholders will have access, but I guess we'll see.

Getting to the gate of another Cedar Fair park and being told your pass has not been renewed and is not valid is not FUN. ONLY because I still had the receipt was the problem rectified. Sort of. Then I got to Kings Island only to be told that Kings Dominion had erased all data from the pass. Out came the receipt, again....

• Like 4

These problems, to be fair, primarily seem to impact Platinum Passes. After all these years (Cedar Fair acquired the Paramount Parks June 30, 2006), the various Cedar Fair parks still cannot seem to use the same data base consistently.

Heaven help them if they ever have a data breach. Things like this certainly don't give guests a high level of competence in their data use. See also the web "leaks" before nearly every major announcement. If not intentional, this is frightening. If intentional, this is of dubious wisdom in today's world.

• Like 1

Yes, my receipt will definitely be kept, and I took a picture of it on my phone in case of loss. I bought the dining plans at both KI and CP this year, and at the start of the season, both parks repeatedly told me that I didn't purchase the dining plans. My receipt saved me a few times at each park. Fortunately, the bugs were worked out after a month or so, and the dining plans now work well.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...