Scariest Haunt at KI this Year 2014

Skyrider

I don't find the haunts to be scary. I'm the type that likes to stroll around, take my time & look around. With that being said, & after last night, I have to give props to Slaughterhouse.

The maze was great (as always), and the workers always sink their teeth into their roles. Enjoyed the new layout/location.

For me, Slaughterhouses' Skeleton Key room was the stand out scene of the whole night, and probably the past few years of haunt .

It was eerie, in your face uncomfortable, ,with a twist of humor. The tall dude was casted perfectly. I would give his performance a 10. His maniac sidekicks were excellent supporting cast members.

For me, you can't compare this maze, and esp the bonus room, with that of a bunch of teenagers running around shouting boo and screaming in your ear.

Slaughterhouse was definitely a "cut" above the rest.

• Like 8

I like Slaughter House best.

I am not a huge fan of having things jump out at me, so going through any of them is torture to a point. It puts me into jump at everything mode the rest of the night. The Jack-in-the-box in Planet Snoopy scared me as it went off when I walked by it Friday night. That is a creepy looking thing during the day at night it is far worse.

• Like 3

I only went with my girlfriend so I only jumped a couple times through the whole night and it was mostly from things not human. Most of them are pretty predictable. Here's an easy way to know if there's someone going to scare you. Check corners a little before you get to them and anticipate with every turn. If a corner is more of a triangular shape, that's most likely where they're hiding.

• Like 1

Every year there's a topic like this, and every year I love reading it! Not only for the good, but also for the critical. I like to read what's working and what's not.

And thank you, cfred & LoraX! Glad you enjoyed your visit to our house. Y'all are going to make Sam blush... (and no, Sam's not the guy in the Skeleton Key room, but believe me "tall dude" will be reading this topic if he hasn't already).

• Like 7

Every year there's a topic like this, and every year I love reading it! Not only for the good, but also for the critical. I like to read what's working and what's not.

And thank you, cfred & LoraX! Glad you enjoyed your visit to our house. Y'all are going to make Sam blush... (and no, Sam's not the guy in the Skeleton Key room, but believe me "tall dude" will be reading this topic if he hasn't already).

I have been in every haunt this year except for Wolf Pack and I would have to say Slaughterhouse is the scariest of them all. Last year I felt the Madam Fatal Wax Museum one was the scariest. I do miss Holiday Horrors although not very scary it was creative and fun when they had more scare actors in it. The Carnevil seems more like a funhouse than a haunted attraction and parts of it are dead (I mean no scare actors present in some areas). Overall it does seem like there are a lot less scare actors in the haunts this year. One haunt house review website (I forget which one) even had postings of the numbers of scare actors this year compared to last year based on the attraction and if true, some have been cut in the double digits. Slaughterhouse if I am correct added scare actors compared to last year. Is this just because it is early in the season for Haunt? or a cost savings measure? Do they ever have the marketing department give surveys to guest like you sometimes see outside the gate about the different haunts or themes people would like to see?

On Friday I was in Club Blood and in front of our group it looked like three supervisors were looking at things and pointing to things (such as a light out in the maze, etc.). I wondered if they were evaluating the attraction on its scare factor. A group leaving the park said to us "Does it seem like The Haunt isn't scary this year at all." They were teenage girls which seem to be targeted more by scare actors than other guests overall in the park. The parking lot also had open spots on a Saturday night at 11pm when I was picking up my daughter and her friends. I thought I remember it being a lot more crowded on Saturday nights like almost impossible to get a parking spot. Does anyone know if they change things up as the Haunt progresses and will they have more scare actors as The Haunt goes on. Please don't get me wrong I like the atmosphere of The Haunt and still think its fun but I do hope the scare factor goes up. Sometimes I feel it would be ok to keeps some of the same haunt themes year after year but it would at least be nice if they made SOME changes or additions to them. Reloading the attractions like they did with Slaughterhouse would be great. What do others think?

• Like 1

I don't find the haunts to be scary. I'm the type that likes to stroll around, take my time & look around. With that being said, & after last night, I have to give props to Slaughterhouse.

The maze was great (as always), and the workers always sink their teeth into their roles. Enjoyed the new layout/location.

For me, Slaughterhouses' Skeleton Key room was the stand out scene of the whole night, and probably the past few years of haunt .

It was eerie, in your face uncomfortable, ,with a twist of humor. The tall dude was casted perfectly. I would give his performance a 10. His maniac sidekicks were excellent supporting cast members.

For me, you can't compare this maze, and esp the bonus room, with that of a bunch of teenagers running around shouting boo and screaming in your ear.

Slaughterhouse was definitely a "cut" above the rest.

WOW thank you very much. This type of thing really mean a lot to us folks that do it.

• Like 4

I still didn't find any of them actually scary, but enjoy Slaughterhouse the most. One of the guys in there got real close to my face and sniffed me, which was certainly creepy.

KillMart have stepped up their game some. There was an interesting extended zombie cat fight between two "employees" towards the end that was pretty funny.

• Like 3