Phantom Theater Haunt

MaestroMan

I don't know if / where they're out this year. Someone else can help there.

When they were put on display in the past, they were obviously not powered. Just standing like mannequins, and exposed to the rain, wind, leaves, and even snow of Ohio Octobers. Satisfying to see them, disappointing to see them in that way.

• Like 2

I don't know if / where they're out this year. Someone else can help there.

When they were put on display in the past, they were obviously not powered. Just standing like mannequins, and exposed to the rain, wind, leaves, and even snow of Ohio Octobers. Satisfying to see them, disappointing to see them in that way.

I don't know if they're out either. I'm thinking not.

They actually DID operate a few times. They had a semi-elaborate display at Acton Theater one year for Fear Fest and some of them were in motion on the Bandstand a few years back.

• Like 2

Somebody mentioned them being wrapped in burlap in recent years. I'm sure I saw something like that this year: burlap wrapped figures that appeared to me to be animatronics due to the supporting structure. I wondered if they'd be moving later in the night but forgot to go back. I didn't recognize at the time that they might be from Phantom Theater.

I can't remember for certain where they were, but I think it might have been near the entrance to Nightmare Alley.

• Like 2

Dang it, reading this thread has me really wanting Phantom Theater back again!

It would be cool if the park could somehow make new versions of the old props/animatronics with today's technology. Same look and movement, but more reliable engineering and whatnot.

Imagine the fanfare.

• Like 2

"You'll never leave Bleekstone Manor, never, ahhhhhh." "You haven't seen the last of me." "Great job, please put your Boo Blasters in the holder and exit right."- Boo Blasters Ending. "Like nice going everyone it's time to put your bright lights back in the holder and please watch your step on the way out."- Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle ending. "You'll be back, hahaha, you'll be back, hahaha." - ending to Phantom Theater.

• Like 3

Its removal was one of the saddest decisions

the park ever made. In retrospect, it was a truly stupid decision.

The same thing can be said of Enchanted Voyage.

On a lesser scale for different reasons, also the removals of the Flying Eagles, Zodiac, Antique Cars and Kenton's Cove: Keelboat Canal. At least the last mentioned wasn't of the original flume from Coney Island of Ohio, which almost happened.

All of these (minus Zodiac) were removed under Paramount.

I suppose some classic rides had to be removed to make room for Hollywood.

On a lesser scale for different reasons, also the removals of the Flying Eagles, Zodiac, Antique Cars and Kenton's Cove: Keelboat Canal. At least the last mentioned wasn't of the original flume from Coney Island of Ohio, which almost happened.

All of these (minus Zodiac) were removed under Paramount.

I suppose some classic rides had to be removed to make room for Hollywood.

Yet you made your username attributed to a ride that relaxed two of the aforementioned others...

:)

It was truly Disneyesque.

Themingwise, no higher praise can I award.

The log ride was almost removed??? Wow - didn't know that. Do you know what Paramount planned to replace the ride with?

• Like 2

As far as a family-friendly "dark" ride goes, I will once again point to Holiday World. During my two-day visit in late August, I rode that more than any other ride in the park (although that's partly due to the fact that it was also extremely hot that weekend). Nearly every target was working properly and all of the "turkey callers" were working perfectly as well. Granted, Holiday World's ride is newer than Boo Blasters, but still, if they can maintain a well-themed, family-friendly Sally ride (it's tough to call it a dark ride because it's not really dark in there), there's no reason why Cedar Fair can't do the same, considering their budget is likely much higher than that of Holiday World.

• Like 4

Had a great time at haunt Saturday. Road The Beast,Bat,Vortex,Racer,Adventure Express, and Boo Blasters. Then I did Board to Death, Slaughterhouse, and Madame Fatales. Didn't see the cannon from PT in there and I didn't catch the mouse in Board to Death. But I saw the Phantom Theater Furnace in Slaughterhouse, I didn't get a picture of it but it is pretty beat up and covered with blood. But it was very cool to see it again.

• Like 2