Phantom Theater Haunt

MaestroMan

Thats a shame, I takes all the fun out considering its supposed to be a haunted house, all you can hear now is the FunTvs, they keep me occupied while I'm in line, but I would rather hear graveyard sounds and organ music once again.

Yea. I would agree. The funTV are fun in most lines but for the haunted house/castle... they should for sure bring back the music.

• Like 5

If anybody has ridden Boo Blasters recently, after the "scare tonic machine" you hear Boocifer say something but I always cover my ears because he's so loud. As for the dark part with the skeletons, it confuses me at what age level they are going for. The whole ride consists of it being a kids ride, examples such as ghouls hiding behind a curtain with a teddy bear, skeletons listening to MP3 players, etch. I've seen kids crying because they were scared of the skeletons with glowing red eyes at the rides exit. It puzzles me about the age they are trying to reach with Boo Blasters. In my opinion, a typical amusement park style haunted house is good enough for me.

• Like 3

I agree. I remember the first time I rode Boo Blasters and got to the part with the skeletons and I thought, "What in the world?" It was a total and complete tone shift from the rest of the ride. It's like we went from a fun, color kid/family ride to some scary/evil ride aimed at teens and adults. It makes absolutely no sense at all and I don't know if I had a young child, if I'd take them on or not. It's just so confusing as to who they were aiming that scene at. But what can you expect from a ride called Boo Blasters on Boo Hill?

• Like 5

Kings Island has for sure slipped on dark ride department. Boo Blasters is cheap and wrong for a park of this magnitude, but as always one man's opinion.

They are going towards the kids more than the teenagers and the adults. I MEAN A LOT MORE

Don't know if I completely agree. Rides installed in the last few years (among others):

- WindSeeker (not for "kids")

- Banshee (not for "kids")

- Diamondback (not for "Kids")

- Soak City expansion (maybe for all, but not exclusive to an age group)

- Dinosaurs Alive (meh, OK, once a year for kids- kind of a sleeper otherwise)

The last major update to the Snoopy area was in the transition from Nick U... and they are mostly the same rides only with new names. So the last major addition kid-wise was between 8-10 years.

• Like 2

I agree. I remember the first time I rode Boo Blasters and got to the part with the skeletons and I thought, "What in the world?" It was a total and complete tone shift from the rest of the ride. It's like we went from a fun, color kid/family ride to some scary/evil ride aimed at teens and adults. It makes absolutely no sense at all and I don't know if I had a young child, if I'd take them on or not. It's just so confusing as to who they were aiming that scene at. But what can you expect from a ride called Boo Blasters on Boo Hill?

While yes the name would imply, maybe, something a bit more sinister. But the transition from kid friendly to not kid friendly is very stark. One moment, you are cruising down the line, a guy is being chases, skeleton relaxing. Some dude is playing a big organ... then you go down a hill making doors open/close.... then its dark and here are some big skeletons... then its over and the ride is done.....

• Like 4

I wonder how many people said the same things of Phantom Theater. I know it scared the pants off of me when I was of the age to want to stay in Hanna-Barbera Land all day.

At this point, I'm of the opinion that Boo Blasters ought to be something more kid-oriented, and an adult-oriented dark ride should be added somewhere else in the park. As I understand it, the ride systems for Curse of DarKastle and the new Justice League dark rides will be similar (if not identical.) If those types of dark rides take off at SFStL and SFOT, I'd kill to have something like it at Kings Island. Obviously, Cedar Fair isn't about to spend Curse of DarKastle-magnitude funds on theming, but it would be neat to see Phantom Theater reimagined in the Action Theater building with that system. Heck, they could even make a dark ride based on the Fort Coney/Missouri Jane myth that they mention on the KI & MVRR.

• Like 3

I think since Missouri Jane was a real person and is buried in the cemetery at the end of the parking lot, they are unlikely to capitalize off of that more than they already do. Passing mention, fine, but fictionalizing her into a storyline could be considered disrespectful.

Fort Coney, being as far as I know a fictional fort itself, I think they might do something with.

• Like 6

And yet, during its last year, perhaps in an effort to reduce ridership to justify its removal, Paramount Parks put up a sign allowing adults to ride ONLY if accompanied by a child.

After a great hue and cry, it was not enforced after the first weekend. The sign was not removed, however, for many weeks. When it was, weeks into the season, the older paint on the post beneath it was exposed.

That was not a good omen.

• Like 4

I think since Missouri Jane was a real person and is buried in the cemetery at the end of the parking lot, they are unlikely to capitalize off of that more than they already do. Passing mention, fine, but fictionalizing her into a storyline could be considered disrespectful.

Fort Coney, being as far as I know a fictional fort itself, I think they might do something with.

Wasn't aware of that. I always thought Missouri Jane was just the name of the ghost that people claim to have seen at the park. I didn't watch the Ghost Hunters episode since that sort of thing doesn't do much for me.

Yeah, trying to incorporate her into a ride would be disrespectful. Nix my idea.

• Like 2

And yet, during its last year, perhaps in an effort to reduce ridership to justify its removal, Paramount Parks put up a sign allowing adults to ride ONLY if accompanied by a child.

After a great hue and cry, it was not enforced after the first weekend. The sign was not removed, however, for many weeks. When it was, weeks into the season, the older paint on the post beneath it was exposed.

This is rather heartbreaking to learn about. Chalk up another reason I now hate Paramount.

• Like 1

Or perhaps the park enforced that because the ride had a horrendous history of adults/teenagers misbehaving in the dark. Whether it be jumping out of the ride vehicle or engaging in sexual acts, it caused (and I imagine still causes) constant headaches, plus it resulted in constant security calls and frequently suspending ride operation. An adult/teenager would be far less likely to jump out or other activities if they're riding with a child, as the majority of those people would be riding for their child's enjoyment and not have any bad intentions.

• Like 1

While we are on the subject of the Phantom Theater, when you stand in line in Boo Blasters, does anybodytry to shine a light to the so called monsters behind the walls with red eyes and see the Maestro and other Phantom Theater characters? ( MaestroMan's profile picture.) This was a really cool edition to the Phantom Theaters line along with the posters and the Maestro playing the organ while also listening to spooky music, compared to the present and you wait in line and hear nothing and see nothing, ( well besides the FunTvs.).

• Like 2