Fright Lane vs Fast Lane

FOFreak

I am planning on making my first Haunt trip with some friends in a few weeks. I have no idea what to expect in terms of what lines tend to fill up the most. When I visited in June, by the end of the day, I was extremely disappointed in myself for not shelling out the money for the Fast Pass.

We travel a decent ways to come to the park and want to get the most out of our trip. Yet, as broke college kids, we need to watch what we spend. We were hoping to hit all of the mazes and all of the coasters at least once in the night, and probably try to get a handful of rides in both Banshee and Diamondback.

What I would like to know is, what is the better value in hopes to avoid as much waiting in lines as possible, the Fast Lane pass or the Fright Lane pass?

Additionally, if anyone has any Haunt tips to give me, that would be greatly appreciated!! :)

My own personal recommendation if you are looking to spend as little money as possible AND do all of the rides and all of the Haunts would be to come on a Friday and buy just a Fright Lane. Ride waits have not been too bad thus far on the two Fridays since Haunt began, but lines for the haunted attractions have ranged from minimal to outrageous.

If trends continue: your best bet would be come on a Friday and hit Diamondback and Beast early, as their lines get the longest. Possibly Invertigo, too. I'm not sure how its lines have been as I seldom ride it. Then, Fright Lane in tow, you can do the mazes at your leisure with little to no wait, and then knock out the rest of the rides with minimal waits as well.

If you come on a Sunday, wait times for rides should be at the lowest, but there is no Haunt. If you come on a Saturday, expect crazy lines for absolutely everything, including the bathrooms.

If you are fine with doing SOME of the Haunts and don't necessarily care if you hit all of them, then you might even skip the Fright Lane altogether. You should still have little trouble knocking out most of them. Indoor Haunts also typically open right at 6, while outdoor ones won't open until it's a bit darker, for whatever that's worth. Waits for the Haunts and the rides will be shorter the closer you are to opening and closing time, so start and end with the rides that tend to have long waits, and knock out the ones that usually don't in the middle of the day.

If it is any indication to you, I was able to ride Vortex 15 times this past Friday in a span of just over 2 hours.

Keep in mind also to budget for food in the park, as there is no re-entry after 7:00 PM, and outside food and drinks are not permitted. Prices for combo meals usually range from $10-$15, but it is possible to eat a little cheaper in some locations. Should you purchase the all-you-can-eat buffet, Fright Feast, which is $15 for non-passholders, you will also receive one free pass to skip the line for one of the Haunted attractions. You might choose to do this, and use your pass to skip the line for whichever Haunt has the longest line.

Finally, (without spoiling the surprise) be aware also that should you make the unfortunate mistake of going through the Tombstone Terror-Tory Haunt, just be aware that you will have to wait in two separate lines, effectively doubling your wait. I do not know how they handle this if you have a Fright Lane or a skip-the line pass. You might get to skip one line, or you may get to skip both. I'm truly not sure. It's not good enough for me to care.

My own personal recommendation if you are looking to spend as little money as possible AND do all of the rides and all of the Haunts would be to come on a Friday and buy just a Fright Lane. Ride waits have not been too bad thus far on the two Fridays since Haunt began, but lines for the haunted attractions have ranged from minimal to outrageous.

If trends continue: your best bet would be come on a Friday and hit Diamondback and Beast early, as their lines get the longest. Possibly Invertigo, too. I'm not sure how its lines have been as I seldom ride it. Then, Fright Lane in tow, you can do the mazes at your leisure with little to no wait, and then knock out the rest of the rides with minimal waits as well.

If you come on a Sunday, wait times for rides should be at the lowest, but there is no Haunt. If you come on a Saturday, expect crazy lines for absolutely everything, including the bathrooms.

If you are fine with doing SOME of the Haunts and don't necessarily care if you hit all of them, then you might even skip the Fright Lane altogether. You should still have little trouble knocking out most of them. Indoor Haunts also typically open right at 6, while outdoor ones won't open until it's a bit darker, for whatever that's worth. Waits for the Haunts and the rides will be shorter the closer you are to opening and closing time, so start and end with the rides that tend to have long waits, and knock out the ones that usually don't in the middle of the day.

If it is any indication to you, I was able to ride Vortex 15 times this past Friday in a span of just over 2 hours.

Keep in mind also to budget for food in the park, as there is no re-entry after 7:00 PM, and outside food and drinks are not permitted. Prices for combo meals usually range from $10-$15, but it is possible to eat a little cheaper in some locations. Should you purchase the all-you-can-eat buffet, Fright Feast, which is $15 for non-passholders, you will also receive one free pass to skip the line for one of the Haunted attractions. You might choose to do this, and use your pass to skip the line for whichever Haunt has the longest line.

Finally, (without spoiling the surprise) be aware also that should you make the unfortunate mistake of going through the Tombstone Terror-Tory Haunt, just be aware that you will have to wait in two separate lines, effectively doubling your wait. I do not know how they handle this if you have a Fright Lane or a skip-the line pass. You might get to skip one line, or you may get to skip both. I'm truly not sure. It's not good enough for me to care.

Vortex 15 times? Are you now wheelchair bound?

• Like 4

Vortex 15 times? Are you now wheelchair bound?
Not even remotely. I've never had any issue with Vortex whatsoever.

And I didn't even ride the Toomer seat each time. Many of my rides were in 1-1.

At Tombstone, the first wait is for the train, and there is no Fright Lane que. Each train has enormous capacity and if you go on a Friday, shouldn't be more than a 1-2 train wait. They run both trains. The second line, which is the line for the actual Haunt, does feature Fright Lane. As noted above, arrive at open on Friday, hit some low capacity stuff like Invertigo, Firehawk and FOF, along with as many of the indoor mazes and you should be able to knock it all out w/o purchasing either pass. Haunt will only get busier as we move into October.

At Tombstone, the first wait is for the train, and there is no Fright Lane que. Each train has enormous capacity

I can second that there is indeed a Fright Lane que to board the train, and another at the start of the trail back. While the train has enormous capacity, keep in mind during Haunt, some of the railroad cars are removed. The line for Tombstone Terror-tory moves r e a l l y s l o w and can easily be your longest wait of the night. If you don't go for the Fright Lane, do this one close to closing. (line seems to clear out)

• Like 2