What are some of the tamer mazes at HH?

cwalters_

Well for me personally, ALL of them are pretty tame, so I probably wouldn't have the best insight as to what mazes are most suitable for the faint of heart...

But if I had to guess, the ones that are the "least scariest" for me are Urgent Scare, Tombstone Terror-Tory, and Delta Delta Die.

The most well-done ones IMO this year so far have been Slaughter House, Cavern of Terror, and KillMart.

And as a side note, I have to say Cornstalkers has improved from very recent years (since it has replaced Cemetery Drive). They actually somewhat brought the corn back into it. Instead of all of it being empty pathways adorned with walls of burlap, there is actually a wall made of cornstalks towards the end, just like the classic maze used to have...

(Also, if you have a clown phobia, which some people do, then CarnEvil obviously would not be the maze for you.)

Oh yeah and by the way, welcome to KIC!

• Like 4

To me, they are all tame. You won't really know till you walk through them for yourself. My suggestion is to try them all....of course you'll be startled...but expect it and keep a sharp eye open you might see the scares coming. Realize that no one is going to hurt you.....heck the other night I walked through most of them totally alone (no one in front or behind me....no biggie). Only one time I reached up to move a curtain and the scareactor was behind it, popped up and screamed...nearly shart....right there....but its all in good fun. In fact I'm looking forwards to doing it again.

• Like 5

^ I don't particularly enjoy being startled, though it's hard to scare me when I'm expecting monsters around every corner in a Haunt attraction.

I'd post some tips to help avoid being startled, but certain scaractors would read them and be ready for you.

Perhaps they'd be less scary if ohiocolts would go through them with you. :)

• Like 5

Welcome to KIC.

I scare easy when things jump out at me. Ok, when I see them and they say boo, I jump. Walking by the crazy Jack-in-the-box knowing it is going to go off made me scream and almost run someone over.

Had a scare actor sit beside me while waiting on someone to get food. I screamed like a Banshee.

Make someone go through in front of you that is semi-humored that you are just going to be jumpy. I am not sure if the ones I go through with are humored or just take pity on me.

• Like 5

All of them are tame. The tamest, in my opinion, is CarnEVIL. Even if you hate clowns (like me), it's very tame. It's colorful and fun unlike the other mazes. When there are scares, they're more funny than actually scary. Plus there's funhouse music playing in the background!

Club Blood is very tame as well. The only part that really makes me jump is when the motorcycle starts. The rest is just fun and games, really.

On the flip side, the worst of them all would have to be Slaughterhouse. The theme is gross, disturbing, and gory. The scares are plentiful. The actors are always really good. It still is tame to me, because nothing really scares me at Halloween Haunt, but still...

• Like 3

I was going to say the same thing as LoraX about what's disturbing. That restroom is just plain wrong. It makes me relieved they don't try to add realism to the scents of the houses, that's for sure.

I also found some of the stuff in Urgent Scare (the bare chested abandoned patient, and not because of the bare nipples) and towards the end of Slaughterhouse disturbing as well.

• Like 1

For me all of KI's mazes are tame. But then again I am hard to scare...I startle at least twice a year, if I am lucky, and most of the time it isn't even noticeable I been startled at all apparently.

I have a feeling Knott's will change things for me though when I go back cause I am not looking forward to Tooth Fairy. From what I seen so far already creeps me out and I hate dentists.

• Like 1

I was going to say the same thing as LoraX about what's disturbing. That restroom is just plain wrong. It makes me relieved they don't try to add realism to scents of the houses, that's for sure.

Psychoscarapy at HHN did just that....there was a washroom scene with inmates, poo on the walls, a fake inmate in a stall, recorded "toilet and bowel sounds" ;) and a nasty smell to go along with it. Totally disgusting but thats part of the fear of the unclean.....yuck.

For me all of KI's mazes are tame. But then again I am hard to scare...I startle at least twice a year, if I am lucky, and most of the time it isn't even noticeable I been startled at all apparently.

I have a feeling Knott's will change things for me though when I go back cause I am not looking forward to Tooth Fairy. From what I seen so far already creeps me out and I hate dentists.

Just watched a video of Tooth Fairy.....OMG you are in for a treat...

• Like 1

Club blood is super tame. I go into club blood for one reason: to dance. Twilight ruined the scariness of vampires for me.

I would say the "scariest" is Slaughterhouse. I haven't been in the new one yet, but last time I was in it, there was a blaring car horn which scared the day lights out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to say the same thing as LoraX about what's disturbing. That restroom is just plain wrong. It makes me relieved they don't try to add realism to scents of the houses, that's for sure.

Psychoscarapy at HHN did just that....there was a washroom scene with inmates, poo on the walls, a fake inmate in a stall, recorded "toilet and bowel sounds" ;) and a nasty smell to go along with it. Totally disgusting but thats part of the fear of the unclean.....yuck.

To me, the smell is important. If a Haunt smells like latex and paint, it makes it more fake to me. On another note, I don't think there could be ANYTHING worse to smell realistically than that gastrointestinal bleed toilet in Club Blood.

• Like 3

The KillMart was cuter than it was scary, but then, it's new, I expect the pace will pick up over time.

What do you mean by cute (Holiday Horror type or completely different?!) as you can tell I still haven't gone yet lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk