Kings Island Inn & Conference Center closing soon?

I'm not sure if this is founded or not, but I've heard rumors for a few months that the Kings Island Inn & Conference Center will be closing soon and will be razed. I search the Internet but could not find any information on this. However, if you go to their web site, it appears as if every day November 3rd and beyond is unavailable for booking. The rumor I had heard was that it would close following the end of the Kings Island season, in which Nov 3rd would be the first day after the season.

Has anyone else heard about this? Does anyone have any insight?

A reptile show was there every month for the last 2 years as vendors, breeders would showcase the best reptiles in the area. And now they have moved from the location to another hotel in Fairfield. Thinking now this could be a reason why the change of venue

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

Has it occurred to anyone to maybe call them and try to check availability for some date in the middle of November. They're obviously not going to reserve you a room if they won't be open.

However, if you go to their web site, it appears as if every day November 3rd and beyond is unavailable for booking.

• Like 3

I heard there is a major interchange and road-widening project scheduled for Spring of 2015; a stretch, but I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Just a thought. See: http://www.imaginewesternrow.com/ and, more interestingly: http://www.imaginewesternrow.com/projects/kings-island-drive-improvements

I can remember what is now the Super 8, across the interstate, being in operation (under another name, of course) as long ago as 1978. I don't remember any others, other than the Kings Island Inn. There were a couple of motels at the Fields Ertel exit, too, but that's about all I can remember.

Back in 1972 when the Kings Island Inn opened, it was the only motel at the Kings Mills/I-71 exit and was most convenient to Kings Island. The nearest motels were located one exit south on I-71 at the Fields Ertel/Mason Montgomery Road exit and the nearest in Mason was the Houston Inn.

If it is just a glitch in the online reservation system, it would be interesting to call and inquire about reserving rooms in mid November and they are not taking reservation, it would be nice to know the reason why they are not. Then if it was to close, could it then be the owners are planning to rebuild a much better, modern hotel in its current location? If that was to take place or if they were to sell, there should be some sort of a public record in the form of permits or other legal notifications in the near future. I wonder what management has told to its employees if they were to make major changes or close the hotel? If it was to close, are there legal notifications that management MUST give before laying off its employees?

• Like 6

Back in 1972 when the Kings Island Inn opened, it was the only motel at the Kings Mills/I-71 exit and was most convenient to Kings Island. The nearest motels were located one exit south on I-71 at the Fields Ertel/Mason Montgomery Road exit and the nearest in Mason was the Houston Inn.

If it is just a glitch in the online reservation system, it would be interesting to call and inquire about reserving rooms in mid November and they are not taking reservation, it would be nice to know the reason why they are not. Then if it was to close, could it then be the owners are planning to rebuild a much better, modern hotel in its current location? If that was to take place or if they were to sell, there should be some sort of a public record in the form of permits or other legal notifications in the near future. I wonder what management has told to its employees if they were to make major changes or close the hotel? If it was to close, are there legal notifications that management MUST give before laying off its employees?

In Ohio, you don't have to give notice when you lay someone off. I know a major company who is really bad about firing staff/laying off a few days before they close places and not give enough notice. We had a major food chain close here out of no where about 5 years ago. Never told staff.

Warren County (Public) Records show the same owner since 2009, OHMI Investors, LLC.

So, no ownership change recently. My wife and I stayed there in December 2004... was sort of underwhelmed of the experience. Dirty carpet, floor boards in dire need of replacement. Did n't live in Cincinnati at the time and expected the Kings Island "Resort" to be a bit more than it was.

• Like 2