Favorite Haunt? (2014)

coasterfanatic83

I know there is already a thread out there for scariest haunt, but which one was your favorite? To me, scares aren't the only thing that determine a haunt's quality, so in terms of overall atmosphere, scares, theme, or anything else you can think of, what did you enjoy the most?

This includes both mazes and scare zones.

Well, since I only did one on Friday (hoping to go again so I can do two Haunt mazes like I had planned- I got too chicken/tired to go through with said plans), I'd have to go with Slaughter House. Sam is cool as always, and the set design looked good too (although I'll admit I pretty much almost ran through the second half...). In the end, though, it was fun and I'd consider doing it again! :D

EDIT: Sorry, didn't know scare zones were included... Freak Street is my favorite as this is where I'm usually placed when sweeping for Haunt, plus I know two of the Scareactors.

• Like 4

I like the giant Jack in the Box that used to wind up and play a little song and stop, and that Clown would scare the living daylights out of people. Im going to Kings Island next weekend so I hope to get a picture next to the Jack In the Box, hopefully it winding up and working because the past two years, its just been sitting there doing nothing, maybe when I go, it'll be working.

• Like 2

Killmart has really stepped it up as the season has progressed. Just wish they would step up Delta Delta Die or get a new theme next year. How about a dollhouse theme instead? Where the dolls come to life each room is a different room of the dollhouse. This could be really creepy if done right.

• Like 2

People have been telling me for weeks to go into Slaughter House: Reloaded, the same for Kill Mart. Both had new methods and semi what was an odd queue set up. Yet they differed greatly on the feel of the Haunts. Kill Mart was home to me personally. High theme mixed with rudimentary products that all combine with the aid of FX and scare actors to make one killer attraction. In fact, I found it to be better than what I expected to see. My favorite part though had to be the plants or the camping area, two great places for some scares. The theme, also, it ran perfectly and smoothly just like a store and it had some amazing look around spots. MY ONLY problem coming from a Haunt enthusiast who makes his own Haunt is the counter scene, a little bit after the clothes scene. That could have easily had a great scare or a great place to have a hydrolic prop to jump out at people. That lack gave me a bit of an upset, but that would later be utilized in the shattered glass scene. Slaughter House: Reloaded though did not really pack my scare meter at all. The theme was superb as it flowed jaggedly yet smoothly coercing with the theme and all. As well, I LOVED the hot dog strands and the bubble scene. Yet when it came to the scares, and how it flowed, it only had a few jump parts and scenes that are more intended for the chiller factor than the jump. BUT the best scene was probably Sam's scene as it did have some scare factor and he did have a nice piggie. But who's to say those were my only favorites? Urgent Scare by far ranked high last night in plot and use of props and scares. For the first night in a long time have I felt like I was actually in a hospital ran by crazies and zombies. As well, did I see the full use of all scares i e the drop box that was never used prior when I went in. Also I LOVED the siren outside and I want to find that mp3 for my phone's ringtone.

Who wins? Kill Mart just by a few points above SHRLD &US.

• Like 1

Maybe it is because I do not mind blood and gore nor most usual scares I don't know. There were places I loved but I didn't really get that scare factor that everyone talked about, I actually expected to get scared with what people were saying. I didn't say I hated it, infact I do like the Haunt theme and the props within. Every Haunt has a kink or two in the beginning, next year it could change and become so much more. Also it should be noted that I would rather go through Kill Mart and Slaughter House RLD if I could only go through two. The Haunt I loved the props inside but I just didn't get the scare factor that people were telling me of.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed Killmart and Slaughterhouse. I hadn't been able to get to KI for a few years (life happened....) SO this year when I went, I was actully excited to get to Wolfpack to see how the old Son of Beast station was used. I also enjoyed the fact they took your picture at the begining of the haunt. Overall I have always enjoyed going to Fearfest in the old PKI days and Halloween Haunt.

• Like 2