Random Questions

JubJester

Firehawk - There isn't a single ride in the park that has a worse combination of bad capacity plus good popularity. If I can avoid that long line, that'd be great.

Other - I see this question way too much on this site and I have no clue what it would actually be. And I can't vote none because nothing lasts forever.

Rivertown - This one is definitely a hard one for me. Oktoberfest and Planet Snoopy are the only ones I can really eliminate from consideration. Rivertown only rises above by a bit due to the one-two punch of Diamondback and The Beast.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2014 at 6:01 PM, rcwizard13 said:

Firehawk - There isn't a single ride in the park that has a worse combination of bad capacity plus good popularity. If I can avoid that long line, that'd be great.

Other - I see this question way too much on this site and I have no clue what it would actually be. And I can't vote none because nothing lasts forever.

Rivertown - This one is definitely a hard one for me. Oktoberfest and Planet Snoopy are the only ones I can really eliminate from consideration. Rivertown only rises above by a bit due to the one-two punch of Diamondback and The Beast.

Yea I would agree with the Firehawk choice after your point. The capacity is really bad. The other day it had a 90+ mintute wait and Diamondback had 45-60 minute wait. (Maximum)

Diamondback and Other (Flight of Fear) for the first two.

I actually struggled with the third question. In the past, I would have said Rivertown every time you asked, but with Banshee and all of the other upgrades to Action Zone, I really had to think. I guess this is the first time I have thought about it since the Action Zone refurbishment... I ended up going with Action Zone.

• Like 1

Firehawk, for the reasons given by rcwizard.

Vortex, because it's the oldest steel coaster in the park and will probably be the first to be removed. But that's not likely to happen soon; she's still got plenty of life left in her, I think.

Action Zone, because of Banshee and the accompanying improvements. Prior to this year I probably would have said Coney Mall.

Adventure Express, because Adventure Express.

International Street, because it's the only area of the park (besides Coney Mall) that's managed to maintain its original theme. A few years ago, I would have said Rivertown, just for the HUSS Giant Top Spin located there.

I'm split between Vortex and Monster, so I voted "Other" on the third question. Monster is based on the removal of similar (albeit not identical) rides at Holiday World and Camden Park. Vortex is based on the removal of similarly-aged Arrow looping rides at NJFTP and Worlds of Fun.

• Like 2

Guest dtk1376

Flight of Fear simply because the wait is always extraordinary long for it.

Other, Action Theater or whatever they call it now, wasn't open all year this year and no talk has been made of it.

Coney Mall, I just love the feel of that area at night, makes you feel like you went back a few decades.

• Like 2

1. Beast, no doubt. If I could have Beast for the first hour with minimal lines, I would be soooo happy.

2. Other- I honestly have no clue what ride will leave next.

3. International Street- This was a toss up between Rivertown and I-Street. Rivertown does have my 2 favorite coasters of each type and the area feels pretty laid back, but the overall charm and regal aspects of International Street win me over.

• Like 1

I absolutely love Diamondback, that's the first ride I usually run to, when the park opens, my second option would be The Beast. Speaking of The Beast, I don't think Kings Island will ever remove it from the park, with its high popularity and it's record breaking performance. Also isn't it a National Landmark, which is mentioned on a plaque located at the beginning of the line? I don't think that Kings Island will ever remove The Beast, we'll in my opinion. However, I do believe that the next ride to be demolished would be Congo Falls. I don't really see a long line at Congo Falls like I see at White Water Canyon, even when it's really hot outside. I like Congo Falls, but not as much as I like White Water Canyon, so I could care less if Congo Falls was removed or not. As for my favorite area of the park, it's a toss up between Action Zone, RiverTown, and International Street. For International Street, I always hear music that makes me welcome at Kings Island and usually puts me in a good mood. I also like walking past the Candy Shop, the 80s store! and looking at the Eiffel Tower. For Action Zone, I like the unique style that it portrays, along with my favorite rides such as The Bat, Delirium, and Drop Tower. But I have to say my favorite area of Kings Island would have to be RiverTown. I like the theming of the West, and my all time favorite rides are in RiverTown, White Water Canyon, Diamondback and The Beast. I like the old time photos, the arcade and my personal favorite, The KI Miami Railroad. I like Coney Mall, and Oktoberfest too, but not as much as I like RiverTown.

• Like 1

Guest dtk1376

I can't see Congo Falls being removed unless they decide to get rid of Timberwolf (which is unlikely) and add in something in that area. Congo Falls seems like it probably has very little expense associated with it maintenance wise and only requires two people to run it.

Our first ride is almost always Beast. It is usually our last one as well. I would probably choose Diamondback if it was my choice. It rarely is my choice since I like to see Princess Sparkles happy. She is mean and doesn't seem to care if mom is happy. ;-D

Sigh... Nobody has any faith in my girl.

Will Vortex outlive Diamondback and Banshee? No. Absolutely not, barring some massive and horrible tsunami that manages to isolate itself solely to Action Zone and Rivertown, I think it is very evident those will last much, much longer. That said, there are other rides that I could realistically imagine leaving sooner. Sadly, one of them is another Arrow.

Yes, there are Arrows of a similar age being removed at other parks. There are also older Arrow Loopers that are still standing. Many within the Cedar Fair chain. See Sandusky, Charlotte, Santa Clara, Shakopee, Vaughan... An Arrow Looper is still something of a mainstay, and while they are certainly not as plentiful as they once were, a good percentage of larger parks still have one.

In fact, many coasters, from many manufacturers have been demolished over the years (with the exception of B&M) while older ones remain standing. What is the right decision at NJFTP and Worlds of Fun may not be the right decision for Kings Island, Carowinds, etc.

If a Cedar Fair Arrow is in danger of removal in the near future, my money's on Doswell. But I certainly have no insider knowledge. That's pure speculation and I could be completely wrong.

• Like 1

Yogi Bear would have said the same more than likely when he was around, and look where he is now!

I still keep a Yogi on my desk, and occasionally I will ask for a picnic basket.

1. The Beast

2. NA

3. Oktoberfest or Soak City, only because I am a man of the waterpark and I love the what little German theme of the area.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said Firehawk would be my first ride just due to it's capacity. Flight of Fear is really bad as well and lines up fast so by hitting Firehawk first I could jump over to Flight of Fear right after and knock them both out really fast before they get a huge line.

Favorite area is tough as Action Zone looks great with it's improvements and additions this year but still has a little more work to go. I love the look of Coney Mall too. But Rivertown wins for me with the Diamondback and Beast combo. Plus White Water Canyon is a lot of fun and RFYLCB is right next to it and fits in a bit with the theme as well. Reds Hall of Fame grill being the only real sit down restaurant at the park gives it a little bit of a boost on the food side too.

• Like 4