8/5

StXBomber

I started my day by meeting my friend and co-worker Jeff at Coney just as they opened the rest of the park up, and headed right to our fav ride, FoF. Walk right on to the front seat for the first ride of the day. Ah, I just LOVE that ride...

We then take a trip down memory lane (aka, Coney Mall) and take a ride on Vortex (second to last seat, of course). Nothing very big, but it was a walk on.

Then we were off to the Eagles for a SNAP-OFF!!! Jeff vs. Me, who came out victorious? ME! We started off and I was the first one on the scoreboard to get an audible snap, and I didn't stop. Jeff took awhile to get going, but got some good snaps in himself.

After that, our most unreliable ride TRTR (or as I now pronounce it, Tur Tur) was actually open and running! It was a rare walk-on. The guy sorting the riders out even joked about it. "Sorry about this long wait." Jeff wanted to get nailed by the water jets, while I wanted to stay dry. He thought he had found a soaker seat, but it turns out he was one off. The water jet shot right at the empty seat between him and I. He was pretty mad about that...

A short walks away, we go to The Beast and do the oldest joke in the book... *jumps up and down as passes greeter* "LOOK! I'm line-jumping!" *greeter ignores us* Front seat on Beast is still the best seat.

We then go into HBL only to find the Scooby line past the exit, so we keep on walking to AZ. First we look at Delirium, the line is an hour and Jeff doesn't want to wait that long. Next is Drop Zone, same thing. Next Face/Off, closed. What next? SoB, still closed. We don't want to come into AZ for nothing, so we get a ride in Top Gun and point out all of the ads for Gillette Mach 3 (We counted 5 ads in the ride). Not a fun time in AZ...

We then start heading back to Coney and ride Adventure Express on the way. What an under-rated ride. Always a walk on, and not that bad of a ride.

We then ride Racer 2 times in a row, once in front, once in back. Great air-time, and great stapling action (Jeff yelling "I HATE THIS RIDE!"). I love that ride...

We then decide to have our second competition of the day, SPIN-OFF!!! Jeff won round 2 of our competition with his spinning skills. I mean, he was only moving his legs and he was spinning faster than I was! I also figured out how to spin fast while the ride is running. Sit on the far right of the pod, and let the spinning begin! EDIT: Oops, I forgot to say this was on Monster. It wasn't that hard to figure out what ride I was talking about though, what other ride can you determine how fast you spin?

Ride on Zephyr, and the Zephyr song comes into my head...

We get bored and decide to ride the Antique Cars, and I drive. Of course, I play bad cheuffer and turn the wrong way on the turns. About halfway I realize that my car is going faster than the car ahead of us, and we are getting close. I start to tailgate it and push the pedal down, let go, push it down again, let it go again, and over and over.

We then have enough time for another spin on the Monster, and then he has to go to start working (what can I say, it was my day off). I have about an hour left, so I head over to AZ to give it another try. I get in the 45 minute line for Deli, only for it to break down as I am the next one on. Grrrr...

The last ride was Racer, and a 3 train wait turned into a 30 minute disaster. 2 of the trains had people stuck in the seats and the ride ops couldnt get them out. It made me late for my ride out of the park. An overall decent day, but AZ/Racer could have been much better

OVERAL REVIEW:

Adventure Express: 2 rides (8/10)

Racer: 3 rides (6/10)

Top Gun: 1 ride (4/10)

Delirium: 0 rides (0/10)

FoF: 1 ride (10/10)

Monster: 2 rides (9/10)

Zephyr: 1 ride (8/10)

Vortex: 1 ride (10/10)

Eagles: 1 ride (10/10)

Beast: 1 ride (9/10)

Tur Tur: 1 ride (9/10)

Yeah, most of the ratings are 7 or higher, what can I say, it was a great day except for AZ and Racer.

Edited by StXBomber

Good to hear you had fun. I can spin those monster cars like no tomarrow too. Once I had it spinning the ENTIRE time. And it was spinning so fast it started to make the entire structure bounce. I like it when all eyes are on me. Expecially snapping on the eagles.

That question has been answered already on another thread.

Why do you people, especially your staff people on this site always say that?? What if he was new to the boards, is it expected of him to go through all freaking 7 pages of threads on like each board?? I dont get it why you couldnt of just told him real quick.

And yes, AE is underrated. At least someone appreciates it.

How do you snap the cables on the flying eagles??

Common sense.

Common sence huh.

If this was the case, wouldnt everyone be doing it......? dry.gif

Actually, I have seen everyone snap the flyers on one cycle. It is pretty easy to do. I even saw a kid that looked like he was 4 years old sanp the flyers. Then again, you also have people who don't want to snap them. Maybe they are scared to go on the bigger rides and want a nice, gentle ride on the Eagles. One time, this girl was yelling at me to stop snapping since mine caused hers to snap too.

If you want to know how to snap the flyers then next time your in a car put your hand out the window. When you've got your hand out the window then tilt your hand up then tilt it down. I think you should be able to know then. It's not hard.