BGW: Lawsuit Claims Pregnant Woman Trampled

It is doubtless at the end of the Statute of Limitations. It is customary to wait til then to file for many good and wise reasons.

Terp, who is not engaged in the private practice of law in the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Virginia, or any United State. There is no legal advice meant for any particular client contained herein. You should consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. This is a disclaimer.

• Like 5

Everybody wants something for nothing these days...I would think she would have more of a case against the tramplers than with the park.

Generally, most amusement and theme parks prohibit running, for safety reasons. Yet by having employees chase guests with a fake chainsaw, they are encouraging running. She may have a valid claim in that the park created an unsafe situation. IANAL, of course.

• Like 6

SCarowinds still has chainsaws......

The Paramount Park tickets and our Cedar Fair Carowinds Season Passes do say that visitors accept liability and all risk but how many people read the back of the ticket. Season Passes require a signature but I still doubt they would hold up in a courtroom.

• Like 1

SCarowinds still has chainsaws......

The Paramount Park tickets and our Cedar Fair Carowinds Season Passes do say that visitors accept liability and all risk but how many people read the back of the ticket. Season Passes require a signature but I still doubt they would hold up in a courtroom.

It doesn't matter how many people read the back.

"I have read and agree to the terms of service."

How many people read that? Still not invalidated.

If the fine print on the back of passes and tickets / Rider Safety Guides wouldn't hold up in court, what would? That's what they're there for!

Does that fine print work in all cases? Of course not. But to say, 'Well, nobody reads it. I don't think it holds up in court.' The two aren't connected. That fine print is there for a reason and it has a purpose. Parks can still be at fault. My post was concerning whether or not that fine print is invalidated in court because not many people read it.

Uhhh let's see here.......New Killer Whale exhibit in So Cal......um.....Manta......Kraken...I have nothing else.....I need to get back to SeaWorld!

Everyone wants some more change in their pockets. I could see how this could happen, but I would not be surprised how she picked now to sue.

It is doubtless at the end of the Statute of Limitations. It is customary to wait til then to file for many good and wise reasons.

Terp, who is not engaged in the private practice of law in the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Virginia, or any United State. There is no legal advice meant for any particular client contained herein. You should consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. This is a disclaimer.

• Like 1

Probably not expecting to get trampled. I mean I go to KI's Halloween stuff and I never expect to have the following happen:

Get Stabbed

Get Shot

Get Punched

Get Trampled

Have vicious slurs slung at me

Things I expect to happen:

Scares

people jumping/screaming

eating

drinking

having fun

• Like 7