10/26/2014

KIfan73

Had not planned at all to go to Kings Island today, but decided at about 11 am, that I would go for it! Arrived at the park at about 1. The weather forecast didn't lie, this was a spectacular day to visit the park. I renewed my pass for next year, and received my first-ever Fast Lane Pass! After using it for the day, I can't imagine going without one, which I will, because it would be pretty expensive to buy one every visit!

I would like to take this opportunity to talk about Banshee. I can't believe how much I like this ride. If you've read my posts in the past years, you know how much I appreciate all of the historical aspects of the park. While I still definitely do, I think I could now spend every visit doing nothing but riding Banshee. I love the queue, the ride, and even the gift shop. I wasn't really all that enthused when this ride was announced and was being built, not sure why, just wasn't. I have to say now that riding Banshee turns me into a 10 year old kid. It has completely renewed my interest in riding roller coasters.

Banshee's Fast Lane line was the place to be yesterday. Many of the other rides FL lines were getting fairly long, some of which I chose not to wait in. Banshee's FL line was a virtual walk-on all day long. I rode it 6 times in a row, and total of 8 times for the day. I actually tried Diamondback a couple times yesterday thanks to the FL pass, as I haven't rode it in a few years. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't hold a candle to Banshee, in my humble opinion.

Another neat thing yesterday was checking out the doggie event. There was even someone with a dog in the Gold Pass purchasing line. As someone who loves dogs, I thought this looked like a really nice event. If my drive wasn't as long as it is, I would have loved to have taken my dogs.

I'm glad I got to go this late in the season so it won't be quite so long until my first 2015 visit!

I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking. Enjoy!

Arrived!:

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Have they had this date on here all of this month??
IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Wish they could go into this much detail for a Christmas themed event:
IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg