Taking my best friend to Kings Island

kingsislandfan1972

I have been to Kings Island many times before, but sadly my friend hasnt, but for the past month him and I have saved enough money to buy him an admission ticket. So I was wondering if it was cheaper to buy food in the park or to go to the store and buy food for the park. We want to do this so we wont have to leave the park. Since my friend hasnt been to an amusement park before, I wonder if I should introcduce him to some flat rides first or go extreme and go on something think Diamondback or The Banshee. I am curious what his reactions will be, so this will be good. I cant wait for this weekend!

• Like 3

When are you going? Outside food and drink must be left in your car and cannot be brought into the park, and there is no re-entry after Haunt starts. If you are visiting on a Friday, plan to eat after (or a short time before) Haunt starts on Saturday, or are being dropped off by someone else, then it will be necessary to eat in the park regardless of cost. Otherwise, packing a meal or two and eating it in the parking lot will likely be cheaper.

• Like 2

Saturday I belive, for drinks we were thinking about using my 2014 Banshee Cups for 99 cents refills, I didnt know you could eat in the park, thank you for pointing that out. We were considering eating Subway in the park or just eat packed food ouside the park, before the haunt starts, is the resteraunts still open in the park when the Haunt begins?

• Like 1

honestly, it all depends on what kind of person they are, what kind of forces they can handle. I can't handle anything that rotates a ton, so a simple flat like The Monster is out for me. Your friend may just want to jump into the biggest ride KI has, or the newest, or they may want to ease into things with a quick trip on Adventure Express or The Racer. there are a bunch of ways you can go about it, show some POVs to your friend, show them a park map, explain which rides have long lines, which ones have quick ones, etc.... and let them guide you to the answer.

• Like 3

Saturday I belive, for drinks we were thinking about using my 2014 Banshee Cups for 99 cents refills, I didnt know you could eat in the park, thank you for pointing that out. We were considering eating Subway in the park or just eat packed food ouside the park, before the haunt starts, is the resteraunts still open in the park when the Haunt begins?

Yes, most restaurants remain open when Haunt starts. However, Subway is just about the worst option in the park; the prices are nearly double what they are at a regular Subway store, you can only get 6-inch subs, limited bread choices, limited menu, limited veggies and sauces, and cold subs only because they have no microwave or toasting oven. You'll get far better bang for your buck at Skyline, Hank's, or Chicken Shack.

If you choose to eat a packed dinner outside the park, check with Guest Relations earlier in the day to confirm exactly what time re-entry ends, and make sure you're back at the gate 10 to 15 minutes early to account for crowds and the possibility that your watch/cell phone and their clock may not match (in particular, it seems to me that KI's clock is typically a couple of minutes fast).

• Like 1

Start with small and work your way up. My typical go to with newbies is Adventure Express or The Bat. Sit towards the front on a middle seat on AE. Do a couple of flats like Dodgem or Monster then progressively go to ones like Beast, Racer, BLSC. Vortex is hit and miss with many people, Diamondback can be intimidating to some. The others play by ear. My daughter has successfully gotten her friends that never go on rides to ride every coaster in the park once they conquer the small ones.

I would suggest eating before going in and if you feel hungry maybe get pretzels to snack on while in the park.

Remember if you take your cup in you will have to get a locker to ride Banshee.

• Like 3

If eating outside the park there are many options right outside the park that are inexpensive compared to the prices inside the park (Taco Bell, McDonalds, Dairy Queen, and the new relocated Wendy's that moved near McDonalds that use to be by The Beach Waterpark. Down the road other options are Skyline Chili, Arby's, and Burger King. Friday night you cannot re-enter the park so eat before you go and on Saturday make sure to re-enter before The Haunt starts as others have already said.

• Like 3

Reds HOF Grille has great sized portions to split with someone else.

^ And honestly, even if you don't intend to split the food, you're still looking at some of the best value in the park. Of course, as it is a table service restaurant, you need to factor in any gratuity, which would not be the case elsewhere, but even still, you can order from the appetizer menu, and it is probably enough to fill an average person, usually at much less than the cost of a combo meal elsewhere in the park.

At almost every food location, a combo meal is in the neighborhood of $15. If you will be there open to close on Saturday, an All day dining plan might be a good investment. You can eat as many meals as you wish with only 90 minutes between, and you won't need to carry cash or a credit card to pay for it. Not to mention, it will allow you to sample the different food offerings at the park if you wish.

• Like 4

If you two want to go on Sunday (November 2nd) I can get you both 14.99 tickets. The operating hours are 11am to 7pm and the Halloween Haunt will not be going on. Maybe this will help with money?

If you are wanting to still go on Saturday and want to have full bellies while staying in the park heres what I would do and to keep cost low.

First eat a huge breakfast! Have your parents or yourself make a big ole breakfast.

Second good thinking on the Banshee refill cup for .99.

If you start getting hungry during lunch and need something to fill you up I highly suggest going to Potato Works in Rivertown and getting a thing of fresh cut fries and chicken bites. Both of these are 6.99 and will come out to about 15 dollars. (one of you can buy the fries and the other can buy the chicken bites)

Now for dinner your cheapest option and getting unlimited food is the buffet that is served in picnic grove(located between kiddie land and the water park) from 6pm to 8:00pm

IKXO73x.png

I highly recommend buying your buffet tickets at the help center ( its behind the place where you purchase your Fast Lane passes near the front entrance)
SaRCRZX.png

This will cost you 14.99 each and i recommend getting to picnic grove at 5:30

A park employee at about 6 oclock should be going up and down the line asking for pre-sold tickets, give yours to the employee and walk right in.

the menu is (sorry if I miss something)

Baked Beans

Potato salad

Corn on the cob

Hot Dogs

Roasted Chicken
Pulled BBQ Pork

and cookie
Also you can get unlimited drinks too.

So your grand total for both of you is

.99 for each refill on your Banshee cup

15.00 for fries & chicken bites
29.98 for 2 buffets

if you split everything down the middle your total cost for the day shouldn't be that much.

Hope this helps

Another thing to keep cost low is to do a packed cooler full of foods, that would save you money for lunch, and aslong as you re-enter the park by 7pm you could pack a dinner as well, but preferably I enjoy a hot meal for dinner.

• Like 3