Rides Kings Island Should Have - Thread

CoasterOhio

This thread is not about what is coming to Kings Island ride wise.

This is about what rides would be great to have in the park it's self!

So, to quickly start off. My thought was the Downdraft at Knoebel's Park

(Video by ThemeParkReview (Can't you tell?))

Those rides are so painful. Ouch.

• Like 2

Kings Island has, in my opinion, one of the most "complete" lineups of coasters out there. I think at this point, we have all the coasters that are needed, except perhaps a Wild Mouse. Focus should be on flats for a while. We're adding a family flat and a kiddie flat this year. Time for a large, thrilling flat ride (I do enjoy WindSeeker, but it is not exactly a thrilling ride). I'd personally love an S&S Space Shot or a Screamin' Swing. Either would do well in X-Base I think. A Ferris wheel would be a nice touch as others have said.

I'd really REALLY love something like Cedar Downs, but I doubt those are being produced anymore. And besides, it's always a treat to look forward to when I venture to Sandusky. Superb capacity, incredibly unique, and a lot of fun.

• Like 6

The Story of Kings Island from Hannah to Snoopy through the seasons dark ride good story, and cold air fun times, no shoot em up.

Year round Ferris Wheel at the new front gate area, with a village to Great Wolf, and a great Cluck restaurant, a fancy ferris wheel, and all of it in a Kings Island Village.

Plus a few new flats for Coney Mall, and Oktoberfest takes over Action Zone.

I've never been on one, but a water coaster seems like a pretty big hole in the lineup. Considering the cost of the 2 in Santa Claus, Indiana, I don't think it would have to be KI's big coaster installation every 5 years (or whatever timeline CF has in mind b/w major coaster installations). If what I've read is correct, the coast of HW's 2 water coasters were 8 mil & 10 mil. Factor in inflation and KI could get a good one for $12 mil I would think.

• Like 4