Rides Kings Island Should Have - Thread

CoasterOhio

It's odd to think of all the companies Cedar Fair seems unlikely to partner with.

HUSS? Doubtful.

Intamin? Not for a while, I bet.

Mondial? Nope!

S&S? Probably not.

Those are some big names that are more or less non-options for at least the next couple years, we can imagine. Right? Weird.

• Like 3

Wish there was a ride like Dollywood's Sidewinder in Rivertown except Kings Island does not seem to have many tall hills that aren't human-made for roller coasters. Behind the scenes is a different story as I was surprised to see how hilly some of the back parts of KI are. I saw this when volunteering this year for Run and Ride and there were some steep hills runners had to navigate through.

• Like 3

^^ Hank I like your Idea! What If it was built by Gravity Group! :)

Then first costs would be far lower than, say, a GCII coaster, but maintenance costs would be far more. (See also CCI).

There's a reason that GCII has sold more coasters to Cedar Fair than has the Gravity Group, which has sold them...how many is it?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

• Like 1

A wild mouse, like Kings Dominion and Carowinds both have, would be a wonderful addition. A wild mouse can be a ride young families can ride together. A spinning wild mouse, though, would mean many adults could not or would not ride. (You can find many even here that cannot tolerate spinning rides. Something happens to many around 18-30, and spinning days are over).

Why one or the other? Why not both? One in Planet Snoopy, the other in Coney Mall? One could be substantially larger than the other: capacity goes up and riders are offered diverse choices.

• Like 8

In the past, when owned by various groups, King's Island received many prototype rides.

Cedar Fair has not had good luck with these kinds of things - so my thinking is that our park will get something which will have a new twist on an old theme.

That being said, if a concept has proven itself, there is no end to the different possibilities the ride designers can create.

I will be happy with whatever comes our way, with the more creative and innovate being most highly favored!

• Like 1

Anybody in favor of a Gerstlauer spinning coaster like Pandemonium at Six Flags St. Louis? I think it would be an awesome fit in the park. I feel like it's a better fit then a classic wild mouse. They're compact and customizable.

I think that would be a great fit for Tomb Raider's box and theme it around a mine o fit in the area's theme. It could even dip in and out of the building.

I also agree with others for an immersive non-shooting dark ride. something like Curse of DarKastle would be awesome.

• Like 1

Hmm...two Wild Mouse-type coasters, one larger and spinning in Rivertown...and a smaller non-spinning model for Planet Snoopy. I like the concept. One question: if Cedar Fair does add a Wild Mouse, I'd expect they would go with a Mack since that's who they went with for Knott's recent installation. (Looks up if Mack has a spinning coaster model and...) Well, they sure do- and 4 cars per train. Hmm, dunno if it's really "Wild Mouse" style but hey it could work.

• Like 3

I would love to have a Wild Mouse closer to home. As of now, I head to Carowinds for that experience. There is something exhilarating and slightly terrifying about being whipped around those turns. I laugh so hard on that ride while holding on tight.

I would ride a spinning Wild Mouse ride at least once. I've only been on one spinning coaster, Sierra Sidewinder, and that was a one time only thing for me. The first few spins were fine; the fact that the spins didn't stop wasn't fine.

• Like 2

While we're talking Mack here and though I am in favor of any mice coasters, one model I think would suit Kings Island is a water coaster. I feel the dry park could use another water ride, and you'd get a coaster in the same bag. Something like Poseidon at Europa Park. When Vortex's life expires, Mack might be a viable candidate for a replacement looping coaster as well, particularly one that matches Vortex's height requirements.

• Like 4