WHAT IS NEW FOR 2015!

BoddaH1994

I rather like the additions. Sure, it isn't our original Flying Scooters, but its better than none.

As for Starbucks replacing a souvenir shop, there are other big places for that already on I-Street including Emporium which is huge. I don't get why Starbucks needs all that space though. The original location seemed pretty adequate and didn't look in need of being bigger.

• Like 2

After nearly 10 years they are finally bringing back the Flying Eagles, thanks Kings Island and Cedar Fair!

In some ways yes, in some no- I'd think this is a brand new set, not the old ones that got sent to Carowinds. Still, new Eagles beats out no Eagles at all. A second kids ride is also nice. I don't expect too many people are going to miss Snoopy's Splash Dance. Also these additions will be the first all-new rides in the kids area since 2006 (the 2010 Planet Snoopy re-theme added no new rides). Also it's great to hear SR&R is indeed coming back in 2015 with a new lighting package.

The new shop announcements are also mostly welcome, though it seems Starbucks really is everywhere these days. :P

Overall: I like the new-for-2015 additions as they make sense in a period right after a new roller coaster. TBH for 2016 I expect something in the Water Park or a dark ride or something along those lines.

• Like 2

I rather like the additions. Sure, it isn't our original Flying Scooters, but its better than none.

As for Starbucks replacing a souvenir shop, there are other big places for that already on I-Street including Emporium which is huge. I don't get why Starbucks needs all that space though. The original location seemed pretty adequate and didn't look in need of being bigger.

On certain days, on certain nights.

And Ouimet continues to impress...

A new family flat ride, a new kiddy flat ride and a bunch of other small improvements even in an off season. Not sure how I feel about Starbucks. Whatever brings more money to the park I guess. Thrill Seekers was kind of pointless after the renovated gift shop near Banshee (although TS likely had more merch). The petting zoo is an interesting idea. The only other park I've been to that has one is Beech Bend, but it makes a bit more sense at a small park in a more rural area (even though Bowling Green itself isn't exactly rural).

I am confused, what is snap? Like taking a photo of it or something different?

Hard to describe. This video should help (long but well worth watching).

• Like 1

And Ouimet continues to impress...

A new family flat ride, a new kiddy flat ride and a bunch of other small improvements even in an off season. Not sure how I feel about Starbucks. Whatever brings more money to the park I guess. Thrill Seekers was kind of pointless after the renovated gift shop near Banshee (although TS likely had more merch). The petting zoo is an interesting idea. The only other park I've been to that has one is Beech Bend, but it makes a bit more sense at a small park in a more rural area (even though Bowling Green itself isn't exactly rural).

I am confused, what is snap? Like taking a photo of it or something different?

Hard to describe. This video should help (long but well worth watching).

thank you, I think I get it now.

• Like 2

Putting the scooters in Planet Snoopy goes directly against Mr. Ouimet's desire to have rides that the family can and want to ride together. I would have used the Flight Commander pad and kept the rest of the changes in Planet Snoopy.

Putting them in Planet Snoopy keeps families from riding together...how? Adults can ride many of the attractions in that section even without a child (Surf Dog, Woodstock Express, and The Log Flume among other things) and Flying Scooters usually have a 36-inch height requirement, which lines up well with many kids attractions. And it is not unheard of for this type of ride to go in a kid's area or park. This actually does still go with Ouimet's image- location really doesn't factor in too much when determining if families can ride together. They can still do just that in Planet Snoopy as well as they would in Coney Mall, Rivertown, etc etc.

Unless it's you hate the fact the Scooters are being dropped in a "kiddie" area, and you refuse to touch anything with that label- TV, Books, Video Games, Movies, etc etc. In that case, I feel a bit bad because then you miss out- sometimes, stuff made for kids can be better than what adults get.

And to Goodyellowkorn: Oh...yes...that name is so full of win. :P

• Like 8

I'm really excited about the new Starbucks. This is actually a very nostalgic addition to Kings Island.

Starbucks nostalgic? Really??

On another note.....some of you are hard to please.

Flying Scooters are the only thing nostalgic I find about the announcement. Personally I was kind of hoping for something relating to the Inn more than anything but I always felt the scooters were inevitable cause of Knott's and CP getting them recently. I guess its future got more bleak (for the Inn I mean)... :/

• Like 1