WHAT IS NEW FOR 2015!

BoddaH1994

The Picnic Grove will have a new entrance. No doubt that's part of the reason the theater is leaving. Not a bad idea, either. That'll make it more accessible to groups that book and more obvious that it exists at all for groups who might want to book but don't know that's an option. Also great if they return to using it for Snoopy's Halloween Party or similar events, so they can keep all the activities in one general area.

When reading that the Planet Snoopy theater will become a petting zoo, did anyone else think they meant the Enchanted Theater inside the dark ride building? I hoped that ventilating fans were part of the conversion... :P

• Like 4

Hey I'm a long time visitor to this site but just created a profile. Is it just me or is the announcement on Kings Islands web page missing the part about the petting zoo?

Also I am super excited to see the return of the eagles. I rode the Lake Erie Eagles at Cedar Point and had a blast. They were pretty slow to load though. I am just not that thrilled that they are going into Planet Snoopy instead of putting more things around the park that families can do together.

• Like 5

^^^^^

McSalsa, you're rushing to judgement a little bit. I ride the Disko ride and Boo Blasters on occasion and I'll certainly ride the new scooters. I'll admit I'm not a big fan of putting traditional family/adult flats in a kid's area, sure. It seems kind of a disservice to the rides but that's just my personal opinion.

Now, don't say location doesn't matter. It's very important. For one, many families with older kids do not even go to Planet Snoopy. It's probably less likely that said family will travel to Planet Snoopy specifically for the scooters, or Disko. There are kids usually of a certain age who wouldn't be caught dead in kiddieland, (probably who you thought I was), that are out because of the placement. Put a ride in a kiddie area and it is usually thought of as a kid's ride.

• Like 2

Limited capacity.

Before, there were many, many days the Eagles line was long, and the sign "Singles Will Be Paired" was rigidly enforced.

I am THRILLED they are going in the kiddie area.

"How quickly they forget."

Starbucks so big? WiFi. Covered. Inside.

"Things are not as they seem,

Skim milk masquerades as cream."

Oh, snap!

• Like 10

^^^

Oh, sorry. Yeah I kind of did overlook the "Family with Teens" demographic- my bad. That group will likely miss out on what's probably going to be a solid ride because it's in the "kiddie" area, and not know what they are missing. Which is kind of sad because Surf Dog and RFYLCB (Log Flume) likely already get hit. They still put up great ridership numbers, and are popular enough even without that group.

And reading Terpy's post, perhaps we "win"- shorter lines for us if those teens refuse to step foot in Planet Snoopy. I have only been one 1 set of Scooters- the ones at Holiday World- and I actually even enjoyed those, and if those are a "bad" set then I really would like to see what even a "decent" set can do... :P

• Like 8

I'm really excited about the new Starbucks. This is actually a very nostalgic addition to Kings Island.

Starbucks nostalgic? Really??

On another note.....some of you are hard to please.

Yes, I really think it is. Take a look at a brochure from Kings Island's opening year, and see what fills several of the shops on International Street.

• Like 3

Glad to see the addition of a petting zoo. My younger kids love the one at CP. It always has a decent crowd and finally, I won't have to fight with the kids that always want to go through Snoopy's Splash Dance when they aren't dresses for water play but now I kinda feel bad for not letting them since they no longer will have the chance.

• Like 5

After the announcement, Don handed out a few extra flash drives with the press release and renderings. He gave me one, so I assume it is OK to post the images here. They are uploaded to my Flickr account in my "unowned images" album, clearly labeled in the description as being copyrighted by Kings Island and Cedar Fair.

15660485606_b4ef2c8593_z.jpg

15685795292_2e605cbef9_z.jpg

Starbucks building:

15498338059_c59bf8f234_h.jpg

Planet Snoopy rendering:

15498363669_0a0891f118_h.jpg

Thank you again to Don for giving me these. :)

• Like 10

Now, don't say location doesn't matter. It's very important. For one, many families with older kids do not even go to Planet Snoopy. It's probably less likely that said family will travel to Planet Snoopy specifically for the scooters, or Disko. There are kids usually of a certain age who wouldn't be caught dead in kiddieland, (probably who you thought I was), that are out because of the placement. Put a ride in a kiddie area and it is usually thought of as a kid's ride.

For exactly that reason (as Terp has pointed out) I'm thrilled about the location. Capacity. Lines will likely be shorter in Planet Snoopy, especially at night. This does mean no night rides in late September and October, but as with all things, give and take. The scooters at Kentucky Kingdom are not in the children's area. In my visits, they frequently had fairly long lines, and that's at a park that does not get nearly the number of visitors as KI does. Just food for thought. This is a good addition.

Not to mention, Planet Snoopy is very open, while Coney Mall has trees, coasters, and fairly big flats to block wind. That matters in terms of scooters. Look at Stricker's. There was a time when their scooters were fairly snappable. Then they moved them to the area between the two coasters, and snapping is nigh impossible.

On another note, I second the petition to instead name them the "Flying Beagles".

• Like 6

I feel sorry for whoever has to operate Snoopys Space Junction. I'm assuming it is the same ride as Jump Around at Kentucky Kingdom. I can sincerely say that Jump Around was the one ride in that park that I actually HATED operating. When you go to check the seatbelts you hit your shins on the large step up platforms. The ride itself is very boring and there is not much fun you can have with it lol.

Oh and a task for you all. As someone who has operated Larson Scooters (Professor Johns) there is a speed control on it. If it wasn't windy I would sometimes give guest a faster rotation. :P

• Like 4

I like the idea of The Woodstock Gliders being in kiddy land. The parent/kid combo relies on the parent being able to fit in the ride. There's a bracket where a kid is wanting more thrill, and is too short for the big rides. This ride will help fill that gap.

• Like 4

Yes, I really think it is. Take a look at a brochure from Kings Island's opening year, and see what fills several of the shops on International Street.

I was there opening year.

There was no Starbucks on International Street.

No but plenty of outside vendors.

...Now, don't say location doesn't matter. It's very important. For one, many families with older kids do not even go to Planet Snoopy. It's probably less likely that said family will travel to Planet Snoopy specifically for the scooters, or Disko. There are kids usually of a certain age who wouldn't be caught dead in kiddieland, (probably who you thought I was), that are out because of the placement. Put a ride in a kiddie area and it is usually thought of as a kid's ride.

Regardless of the location, families with teens or ACErs, is not the demo they are trying to attract with the installation of a Flying Scooter ride, hence the 36 inch height requirement.

• Like 3