WHAT IS NEW FOR 2015!

BoddaH1994

Not to double post, but I see the Facebook commenters are already up in arms about how "lame" the new addition is. Little lesson for all of them, in case they stumble upon this thread somehow. Flying Scooters that are physically located in the children's area of an amusement park =/= a kiddie version of Flying Scooters. That is all.

Furthermore, admission costs aren't increasing (to my knowledge) and no rides are being removed. Don't like it, don't ride it, plain and simple. No loss to you. I'll be happy to not have you in front of me in the line. You just got a 24 million dollar coaster. Let the families and the little ones have something to enjoy. Our coaster lineup is phenomenal, and frankly, it was even before Banshee was built. Our flat ride lineup and our childrens' area were in desperate need of attention, and now they are getting it. This is a win for the park in every conceivable way. No, they aren't our old scooters. Frankly, if anyone really, honestly believed there was ANY chance we were ever getting them back, they are delusional. The kids and the general public will not know the difference, and Cedar Fair is far too intelligent to take a successful attraction from its new home purely to appease a relatively small group of enthusiasts. And if you're an adult who doesn't want to ride them because they're in the kiddie area, then frankly, you don't deserve to ride this wonderful ride. On a busy Saturday at Cedar Point (whose scooters are in a children's area), I rode their Eagles several times with no more than a couple cycles waits. Meanwhile, on a dead weekday at Kentucky Kingdom (whose scooters are not in a kids' area) I typically had to wait several cycles to ride. Narrowing the demographics to whom an attraction is marketed means shorter waits for everyone who wants to ride. It was a great move. SR&R is returning to Coney, so that section will be just fine once again in terms of flats.

If you happen to be the one person in the world that really, REALLY loved Snoopy's Splash Dance, then I guess you have a right to be a little upset. But personally, I don't know anyone who even cared that it was there, let alone enjoyed it.

Facebook commenters: The lowest common denominator of humanity.

• Like 12

I was thinking the same thing homestar92, if someone does not want to ride it just because it is in Planet Snoopy that's fine, there is plenty of other's that will venture over just to ride the new Flying Scooters. Now I can't wait to see the pictures of it next year when it is complete and almost ready for us to ride!

• Like 4

Putting the scooters in Planet Snoopy goes directly against Mr. Ouimet's desire to have rides that the family can and want to ride together. I would have used the Flight Commander pad and kept the rest of the changes in Planet Snoopy.

Putting them in Planet Snoopy keeps families from riding together...how? Adults can ride many of the attractions in that section even without a child (Surf Dog, Woodstock Express, and The Log Flume among other things) and Flying Scooters usually have a 36-inch height requirement, which lines up well with many kids attractions. And it is not unheard of for this type of ride to go in a kid's area or park. This actually does still go with Ouimet's image- location really doesn't factor in too much when determining if families can ride together. They can still do just that in Planet Snoopy as well as they would in Coney Mall, Rivertown, etc etc.

Unless it's you hate the fact the Scooters are being dropped in a "kiddie" area, and you refuse to touch anything with that label- TV, Books, Video Games, Movies, etc etc. In that case, I feel a bit bad because then you miss out- sometimes, stuff made for kids can be better than what adults get.

And to Goodyellowkorn: Oh...yes...that name is so full of win. :P

This is great for many of us. I cant agree with the above comments any more. Just because Woodstock Express is over there doesnt make it a kiddie ride. These additions are great! I have been pushing the horn for a new opportunity for the kiddos and the adults...

The petting zoo is an interesting addition... But other than that, Im sort of sad that the theater is going away. It was nice to sit in there and kill 30-40 minutes with a Charlie Brown show..... Maybe a reopening of the Air Conditioned Enchanted Theater may be down the line?

• Like 4

I have to admit my kids loved Scooby's Splash Dance. It was great in August when flume had a long line. I do agree it was odd to change into a swimsuit just for that attraction. So 1% of me will miss Splash Dance. I think KI is doing a great job of freshening up the place. Like last year I am sure there is more they will work on without telling us. For example the entrance was cemented and part of the lot replaced. I hope they pave more up near row 44 where I usually park.

I think Ki has been hitting home runs lately and love the direction they have been going in over the last years. Next year I hope we get a tall water slide or bring back the Antique cars. We need a bring back the cars thread.

• Like 7

I have walked through Snoopy's Splash Dance as an adult by myself several times, especially on hot days. I only did so if I was willing to be completely and totally drenched from head to toe, with every inch of my clothes literally dripping wet. And since that was unavoidable, I would often walk slowly under each water feature, letting the waterfalls drench me for as long as possible. I will slightly miss it.

Now, if they want to install something similar over in the waterpark, I'd be all for that.

• Like 2

First off, given the size and intrigue of the 2014 investment, CF could have taken the year off in '15 other than general maintenance. Banshee is the gift that keeps on giving.

That said, the 2015 announcement is decent'ish.

• Removal of the Splash Dance. Good call. An improvement. Unless you had plans to go to the water park it didn't fit into most trips. In mid july the area always shifted back and forth from "fresh" chlorine to the "sweaty and wet" smell. Perhaps it can find a new life in SS where it would be used a lot more. To its replacements:
  • Flying Scooters- good read by the park. I would like to think that the belly-aching on this site 10 years after its removal had something to do with this. Well done, I say.
  • Space Buggies- checked it out on the Zamperla website- looks like a bad carnival ride.
  • Petting Zoo- hmmm. I imagine that KI will be 3rd partying this, which means there will be some upcharge to this. Meh... To the removal of the theater, no loss there- the shows were C+ quality. Its unfortunate that KI could not have come up with a better interactive children's show there.
  • Picnic area.. probably good for large groups/corp. Don't know, never been.
  • Giant Starbucks... hmmm. interesting. for non-pass holders, I can't imagine spending $$$ to get in the park will be situated well on a 95 degree day. Outside of cold days and closing time, is there usually a line? I can hardly bring myself to spend $3.50 on a coffee outside the park- likely won't splurge $4.00+ inside. But, nothing screams "International Street" like a Seattle-based coffee house.

Overall, after the roll-out of Banshee, 2015 was destined to be light.

Soak City will be an interesting watch over the next few years. I don't think the park is threatened at all by the Beach- BUT, Hank Woodburn (Sr) and Co are putting the first real investment $$'s to that park for the first time in.... decades.- and may force SS to add some some things of intrigue. Maybe Wildwater Kingdom will get the Geauga Lake treatment and get parted out to the other sibling parks. Can't imagine that CF "really" wants to keep that property.

Soak City will be an interesting watch over the next few years. I don't think the park is threatened at all by the Beach- BUT, Hank Woodburn (Sr) and Co are putting the first real investment $$'s to that park for the first time in.... decades.- and may force SS to add some some things of intrigue. Maybe Wildwater Kingdom will get the Geauga Lake treatment and get parted out to the other sibling parks. Can't imagine that CF "really" wants to keep that property.

I'm sure Adventure Holdings isn't event a blip on Kings Island's radar.

• Like 2