WHAT IS NEW FOR 2015!

BoddaH1994

Soak City will be an interesting watch over the next few years. I don't think the park is threatened at all by the Beach- BUT, Hank Woodburn (Sr) and Co are putting the first real investment $$'s to that park for the first time in.... decades.- and may force SS to add some some things of intrigue. Maybe Wildwater Kingdom will get the Geauga Lake treatment and get parted out to the other sibling parks. Can't imagine that CF "really" wants to keep that property.

I'm sure Adventure Holdings isn't event a blip on Kings Island's radar.

I would liken them to more of a fly in the room. Said fly won't make me change what I'm doing for the most part, but may cause me to watch where the thing flies and/or grab a fly-swatter.

Just saying, it will be interesting to see if investment habits in the SS area differ at all because of what happens across the interstate. Within 5 years if it doesn't, I'll sell fictitious Dunder Mifflin paper at half price and give beets away.

• Like 7

• Removal of the Splash Dance. Good call. An improvement. Unless you had plans to go to the water park it didn't fit into most trips. In mid july the area always shifted back and forth from "fresh" chlorine to the "sweaty and wet" smell. Perhaps it can find a new life in SS where it would be used a lot more. To its replacements:
  • Flying Scooters- good read by the park. I would like to think that the belly-aching on this site 10 years after its removal had something to do with this. Well done, I say.
  • Space Buggies- checked it out on the Zamperla website- looks like a bad carnival ride.
  • Petting Zoo- hmmm. I imagine that KI will be 3rd partying this, which means there will be some upcharge to this. Meh... To the removal of the theater, no loss there- the shows were C+ quality. Its unfortunate that KI could not have come up with a better interactive children's show there.
  • Picnic area.. probably good for large groups/corp. Don't know, never been.
  • Giant Starbucks... hmmm. interesting. for non-pass holders, I can't imagine spending $$$ to get in the park will be situated well on a 95 degree day. Outside of cold days and closing time, is there usually a line? I can hardly bring myself to spend $3.50 on a coffee outside the park- likely won't splurge $4.00+ inside. But, nothing screams "International Street" like a Seattle-based coffee house.

Overall, after the roll-out of Banshee, 2015 was destined to be light.

You do realize you listed 6 bullets of stuff and then called it light? I think there were years that we just got new trash cans...

Cedar Point majorly upgraded their petting zoo this season and it seemed like a big hit. I think it will really add to the Kings Island kids area. It's something totally different for an already very popular area.

I'm very interested to see what the picnic grove upgrades will be. A rework of the entrance and pathways would be really cool. They have a ridiculous number of shelters, so that seems like a great idea as well.

• Like 4

Yes, I know. Grab a calculator, add up estimated costs to the bullet points within, deduct the cost of one Banshee (or WindSeeker, for that matter... probably not even Firehawk).

2015 is a light year, which is fine. I think new garbage cans after a $24M addition would be sufficient. Hey, I'm not knocking the park, merely stating opinions.

• Like 2

I'm excited for the petting zoo. My wife probably won't let me go pet the animals though. She doesn't enjoy fun.

Also, even though they aren't the old Flying Eagles, I'm looking forward to Woodstock Gliders. When I was a kid my mom and I used to go on the Flying Eagles a lot. She was awesome at them. I didn't even know snapping them wasn't just a regular part of the ride until I saw it on KIC. She was so good that 7 year old me wouldn't even try to take over controlling the rudder. I'd just sit there and let her go. Then came my teenage years when I didn't want to be caught dead on a kiddie ride. After that, the later Paramount years when I only visited the park a couple of times in 6 or 7 years. But now that some Flying Scooters are back, I'll have to practice. And maybe when I have kids, and they are big enough to ride, I can be as good on Woodstock Gliders as she was on the Flying Eagles.

• Like 26

This is just about the right level of investment if you ask me. 2013 was pretty much an off year as far as additions go. 2014 was the expensive year. 2015 is a light year monetarily. It makes good sense.

2016 will probably be a medium year. Maybe a medium priced flat or two. Maybe a flat and a new slide complex. The coasters will probably continue to pop up ever 4-6 years.

I think the park's most pressing "needs" are Soak City slides followed by low to medium thrill flats.

• Like 6

Soak City will be an interesting watch over the next few years. I don't think the park is threatened at all by the Beach- BUT, Hank Woodburn (Sr) and Co are putting the first real investment $$'s to that park for the first time in.... decades.- and may force SS to add some some things of intrigue. Maybe Wildwater Kingdom will get the Geauga Lake treatment and get parted out to the other sibling parks. Can't imagine that CF "really" wants to keep that property.

I'm sure Adventure Holdings isn't event a blip on Kings Island's radar.

They should be. Took the family to The Beach several times this season over Soak City and where we went, so did our money for food, merchandise, etc.

• Like 8

I don't know about the other guy, but I am always excited for a new addition to Kings Island after Banshee and what I have been seeing with the other parks. Scooters are a plus, I was not surprised and in fact made a 99% sure statement to a friend of mine, I won of course. I cannot wait to ride them when I get to and even though I will probably look like a sore thumb in the area riding the Scooters, I don't care because I am going to snap all day.

• Like 4

Well if it's going where it looks to be going, it will be right along the path to go from Rivertown to SC, just down the way from the RFYLCB and the suspended coaster over there.

I'm sort of mixed on the Buggy Car ride. It should be neat for my son to ride as it takes the car ride, that he enjoys, up a notch.

• Like 1

I found this video from Thrillnetwork. It's a reverse POV in which the girl certainly does pull off some snaps on the Lake Eerie Eagles. She isn't great at it, but you can clearly see that it can be done. Assuming that it's a similar set and that they don't have a dumbed down kiddy speed for this, it's going to be a wild ride.

• Like 6

Yes! I was at KK and rode their flyers and I withheld moving the wing because it was very easy to make those cars move. Two cars ahead of me this rider was snaping furiously. Guess what.. they were changing the airflow and both the car between us and I started snapping without even trying! My concern is the same as yours...will Woodstock Gliders be slowed down to kiddie pace like Surf Dog, and every other ride in the area?

• Like 1

I hope so too, I watched the history of Kings Island video on Youtube again a few days ago to see if they talked about it and yup they did! They said the reason they took it down was because it got stuck one time when it was a very cold day for a few hours... In today's time period they would just not run it instead of taking it down, I guess they didn't think of that back then...

I hope so too, I watched the history of Kings Island video on Youtube again a few days ago to see if they talked about it and yup they did! They said the reason they took it down was because it got stuck one time when it was a very cold day for a few hours... In today's time period they would just not run it instead of taking it down, I guess they didn't think of that back then...

Let's not kid ourselves - if they decided not to run it any longer in today's world it would just end up becoming a haunt.

Totally kidding.

• Like 2

Their WindSeeker is in Kansas? Now what would be their MO for putting it there?

On topic, I assure you that Larson flyers are snappable even on the low speed. I snapped a few times at Kentucky Kingdom. I snapped about 5 times in one cycle at Cedar Point. I can't imagine they would have Larson put in a set that runs at a special, lower speed than normal just because they are located in a childrens' area (which, as it happens, the Lake Erie Eagles are too).

If anyone on here has only ever ridden the ones at Holiday World or Stricker's Grove or the Columbus Zoo, I assure you, those don't even compare to the Larson flyers. On the other hand, if you've been to Carowinds, or rode them at Kings Island in 2004 or earlier, the Larsons also don't compare, but in the opposite way. Regardless, if the ones we get are as good as the ones in Sandusky, we're in for a treat.

• Like 9

I think the picnic area is a great addition, I recall church and school events at LeSourdesville, where everyone met at a certain time for a picnic.

I went to Halloween early this year, and there were seas of matching shirts due to all the groups of people in the park.

(On a side note: I don't know why I didn't mention this sooner, but a friend of mine, Harry Adler, died about a month ago. He was part of the construction crew of Taft's Kings Island. I know that one of his jobs was assembling The Racer.)

• Like 8

The Sky Ride jammed in April 1977. It wasn't removed until after the 1979 season. That incident alone was not reason for removing the ride.

• Like 3

The Sky Ride jammed in April 1977. It wasn't removed until after the 1979 season. That incident alone was not reason for removing the ride.

They need to bring it back or have something similar to it.

• Like 3

As the park has requested, please include links to park provided content when posting it.

It's pretty obvious were I got this (for all those playing at home it's a little thing I like to call Facebook and on a page titled: Kings Island)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well that goes against what Dennis Siegel said was the reason... I'm just going by what he said.