Kings Island 2014: The Poll

McSalsa

Oh No. It is another McSalsa poll! Wait, one of these hasn't come in months... :P

Well, 2014 at Kings Island is very nearly over as I write this. Only a day and a half remain until the park closes, and we won't see it again until April 2015. The year was certainly eventful for the park...so, here is one of my "annual" polls- how good did you think Kings Island did for the 2014 season? And what event did you feel had the greatest impact? And, since a major new ride opened, what did you think specifically of Banshee- Kings Island's soon-to-no-longer-be-"new" inverted coaster, after a full year?

Enjoy the poll. If you dislike, you can click back.

This season has been amazing for me. First off, Banshee is incredible and a much needed addition to the park. Working Opening Day was a blast as well as was working SpiritSong and Haunt (especially Freak Street!- I originally wanted to work Rivertown during Haunt so I could easily refer people to Sam's place, but I ended up loving working on Freak Street as well). I also got to participate in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and the "Best Job Ever" video for work. Outside of work, I conquered 6 mazes during Haunt (included doing 2 twice during the Haunt season) and completed The Core (all unchanged rides from 2001 and before) for the second time in my life! So, yeah, you could say it's been a great season for me! :D

• Like 3

I think it was a great season! I haven't been to Kings Island since 2001, and Banshee was the main reason me and my family went back. All of the news and people talking about it. You went to a grocery store and there it was a display with the cards/tickets to buy in the front and says 'new this year Banshee, only at Kings Island'! Last time I went me and some friends went and stayed a day and night there, and we did everything, went all around the park road all the main coasters, then went on a few family rides (Phantom Theater, Les Taxi, Viking boat and others). And spent some of the day at Waterworks. This time with my family we didn't get to go to the water park, we was busy riding all the new rides that we never road before that's been added since 01. The year started off with a huge bang (Banshee) and ended with another bang (Flying Scooters return for 2015), I would say for the Kings Island enthusiast's. I am defiantly going back for the 2015 season! Best season I have ever been there, but I did miss the Phantom Theater and Les Taxi. Fun 2014!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

2014 might have been one of, if not the best seasons that I have experienced at Kings Island. I remember opening day and that gigantic crowd for Banshee. Completely worth the wait. It seems as I wasn't the only one who thought so! As I looked among the crowd, everyone seemed to have a smile on their face. Even after opening day, the park got a lot of buzz! I remember my Grandparents who live far away asking me "Have you been on the Banshee? I heard about it on TV." Haunt was fantastic and FunTV in the queues was a nice touch. :D

• Like 7