Shake, Rattle, & Roll is back!

Bansheeback

The access via the exit system is generally not considered universal access unless EVERYONE accesses via the exit. (Note however, an available elevator MAY be reasonable). It is, at most, an interim solution until major renovation occurs. And, contrary to many perceptions, there is no 'grandfathering' under the ADA; the facility

owner must make reasonable accommodation.

Terp, who is not engaged in the private practice of law in Ohio, the District of Columbia, or any United State. There is no legal advice meant for any client contained herein. One does not enter into an attorney client relationship by reading it. Consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction should you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. Advice found on the Internet may be worth no more than you paid for it. This is a disclaimer.

• Like 1

^^Correct. Imagine if there is a pre-show that is available to everyone, however, someone in a wheelchair is denied access to view the show because of thin queue lines. Although they might gain access from an exit to the attraction, they might in deed want to see the show. It really is good business practice to allow them to see the show and to wait in line with their loved ones, rather than being an 'out cast' to the exit line.

• Like 2

Looks nice. Can't believe that it was that tacky green color all those years.

Are they keeping the same name? Shake, Rattle, & Roll never really made sense to me; then again, "Fairly Odd Coaster" never did either.

The 2015 park map calls it Shake, Rattle, & Roll. I would take that as a yes!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/images/uploads/file/2015%20Map.jpg

• Like 9

Looks nice. Can't believe that it was that tacky green color all those years.

Are they keeping the same name? Shake, Rattle, & Roll never really made sense to me; then again, "Fairly Odd Coaster" never did either.

The Fairly Odd Coaster was one of the best names for that ride. It's a play! On words!

That name was also Paramount's doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Whether they had decided to draw attention to it or not, guests were doing so. Guests were asking about it so the park responded by confirming it would return the following season. People were already talking about the ride and clearly interested in it, so what a perfect candidate for some extra TLC. :)

• Like 7

For those of you who do not know, here is where the name almost certainly came from. I really like the name by the way.

It kind of creates a little 1950s inspired area with the Jukebox Diner across the way. I wonder if they will spruce Jukebox up to match the "new" ride.

• Like 6

I know this may sound picky, but there's something in me that's going to miss the archways of the Coney flat rides. I loved walking into the queue lines and walking under the name of the attraction. Shake, Rattle, & Roll was one of the rides that included that type of ID sign. Now I believe the only rides that have ID sign archways are Zephyr and Scrambler.

• Like 6

Kings Island on Facebook :

"Do you "Like" the new Shake, Rattle & Roll entrance sign?"

h8JGpDR.jpg

Photo : Don Helbig / Kings Island via Facebook

On a related side note.....

It also looks as if the nearby neighbor has been doing some testing......

It has to be either that or maybe.....Just maybe.....Vortex is wondering if his grip was so tight that it started to turn his buddy red after all these years?....

"Once The Vortex gets you in his grip, you're his forever!"

• Like 9

1. Just an observation, but there used to be a ride called "Halley's Comet" toward that end of the park (pre-expansion). Perhaps coincidentally, as KI Guy pointed out above, the band Bill Haley & His Comets had released a popular cover of the 1954 Big Joe Turner hit "Shake, Rattle & Roll" those many years before Kings Island was built. (Nostalgia for the 1950s was waxing during the early 1970s in pop culture and other parts of society).

2. I'd rather have that any version of that song stuck in my head, than the Osmond Brothers' "One Bad Apple (Don't Spoil The Whole Bunch, Girl)." Not that the latter was a particularly bad song; it's just not as hip as the former, in my opinion.

3. The red-and-white color scheme is much more vibrant than the earth tones of the pre-refurbished SR&R.

4. The Huss Troika Spins, Lifts and Tilts. If it lived up to its name, I suppose it'd be time for another overhaul! :P

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

The ride looks so different now... Is that really our old Troika? It makes me wonder, Huss ride is it anyway?

All joking aside, I'm glad to have the ride back. It's one of my favorite small flats and it really was missed last year (by me at least). It's a top priority for me tomorrow, along with Vortex and our new scooters. As long as I get in a ride on each of those three, I'm happy.

• Like 4