Shake, Rattle, & Roll is back!

Bansheeback

I would say more or less swing to about the 50's era music would be appropriate for the region. Just due to the amount of history spans the Coney Mall region.

I hadn't given that much thought, and I sincerely compliment you on such a great thought-starter!

Kind of related to what you've written here, I've noticed that, sometimes when someone themes an area around a specific span of time, such as the 1950's or 1980's, they tend to play selections of music exclusive to the respective decade. However, one has to believe that, during the 1950's, for example, public tastes in music ranged vastly beyond just rock & roll. Radio stations were still playing Tommy Dorsey, Duke Ellington, Cab Calloway, etc., just like how, in the 1980's, it wasn't all Cyndi Lauper, Prince and Huey Lewis - lots of 1960's & 1970s rock, Motown, country and pop (and even some disco) were still being played, and could just as easily evoke memories of events in the 1980's just because they happened to be on the radio at the time. Anyway, just a thought.

SR&R's exciting upgrade is very pretty at night!

• Like 9

When I was a kid in the 80s, I listened to (and enjoyed) a lot of Big Band era music, because my grandmother enjoyed it. I definitely agree that going as far back as Swing era (and heck, as far forward as 80s pop, because the 80s were when the 50s revival happened) would be cool near Juke Box.

I just really realized how much music seemed to be missing when I watched the video back.

• Like 3