Kings Island adding two rides and other improvements for 2015

I think it's going to be a great addition to KI. Can't wait to ride it with my son next summer. It will be his first trip to KI ever. Going to take lots of photos. Hopefully, he'll reach that 48" mark and we can ride some of the bigger coasters. He is dying to get on the "big boy" coasters.

• Like 4

Any word if it is being relocated just south or being scrapped?

If you are talking about Snoopy's Splash Dance, given the method of removal, its construction, materials and age, I'd be shocked if it was destined anywhere other than materials recycling and/or a landfill.

haven't paid much attention to the webcam; but makes sense. I would have loved to have gone through it- but never wanted to get "that" wet while on the dry side.

With the facades of the buildings being repainted last off season, I do not believe all of the buildings on International Street will be de-themed from Europe. As I have said before, a few of the food stands on I-Street are placed in buildings from which the food being sold has origins from, LaRosa's, Auntie Ann's, etc. And with the Eiffel Tower being the landmark and iconic centerpiece of the park as well as the main attraction holding up the European theming of International Street, I feel it would be very tragic and unwise to completely remove all of the remaining European architecture of the buildings. It would be a real tragedy for the whole area if the Eiffel Tower were change from the parks "regal landmark" to "La Tour de Anachronism."

EDIT: Just a note- My laptop wouldn't let me quote any other posts.

• Like 4

Pizza was introduced by Italian immigrants in the 19th century according to Google(Then again, Wikipedia is not a good source of information), so although it was first introduced in the United States, pizza, especially La Rosa's, has Italian roots. The location of La Rosa's on International Street was always a Pizza stand, according to the 1974 Kings Island brochure:

http://KICentral.com/history/photos/displayimage.php?album=8&pid=238#top_display_media

Even the new Starbucks face on International street is a repaint of the current facade of that building (something I didn't really recognize until I looked at a photo of the store that was there), so I think it very unlikely they intend to detheme the rest of International Street. If anything, the planned color scheme looks more Old World to me than the weird blue Thrill Seekers has been.

• Like 8

Even the new Starbucks face on International street is a repaint of the current facade of that building (something I didn't really recognize until I looked at a photo of the store that was there), so I think it very unlikely they intend to detheme the rest of International Street. If anything, the planned color scheme looks more Old World to me than the weird blue Thrill Seekers has been.

I had a feeling they would probably never do that, I was just sharing how I felt if they ever considered it, and I was just refering to a few posts back. The new paint not only compliments the Swiss architecture as mentioned, but also it is almost a compliment to the old colors when it was the Mod shop.

• Like 3

I was at Kings Island's opening. The pizza then was no better than now, though the servings were much, much larger.

Dorney Park offers, by far, the best Cedar Fair pizza.

You can get a Harty serving of pizza at a certain park in Louisville (well, unless you are in a wheelchair and would thus require an automatic door...). Then after you eat it, you can go experience The Runs!

Oh, my...

• Like 3

I TRIED to buy pizza at Kentucky Kingdom. There was none on display, and the employee refused to show me any unless I bought it. I got a manager. None was ready. (At 12:30 on a Thursday). And he said the same thing: "unless you pay first, we can't fix any."

I left. Total in park per caps from Mr. Terp that day: $0.00.

Penny wise. Pound foolish. There's a metaphor of Hart and his business philosophy in there somewhere. At least it's not my tax dollars at risk there. Thankfully.

• Like 8

yeah food service operations were not up to par on any trip I made there in 2014. The food for the most part tasted decent and was reasonably priced with the pass holder discount but they never seemed prepared for business during lunch. They were always out of something or something was ready yet etc. Maybe next year will be better, maybe not. I hope for the best.

• Like 1

Especially at Subway in the park. In an effort to eat healthier at the Park, I was shocked at how slow the service was. They already cut the number of topping options in half, so theoretically it should have been faster. It shouldn't have taken 10 minutes to get a sandwhich once ordered.

• Like 4

Hello All ! I haven't been as much of late but I do want to say that the new improvements sound awesome. I will miss Nickelodeon Splat: Green Slime Zone, But I guess some of you weren't aware of the early days of Nickelodeon in the park. Or maybe you do. I had lots great memories.. on with the new. But I will admit I HATE Starbucks. YUCK!

• Like 2

I feel like these new rides will give that area a more lively feel for sure. That area always seemed like the more barren side of Planet Snoopy. The attention Kings Island pays to the kids area is fantastic. It's something a lot of other parks take for granted. You always want to make the children happy, a memorable experience as a kid is going to make you want to come back when you're older! :)

• Like 8

I haven't heard any news about Kings Islands Woodstock Gliders in yet. Dorney Park recieved what looks like most of their Scooters in a few days ago, but they haven't even begun to clear anything to where it's going to go. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for when our Flying Scooters makes it's landing! Can't wait to see them even if they was in the parking lot like Dorney's is.

• Like 2