Kings Island adding two rides and other improvements for 2015

On WDTN's site, they had a sit down blurb with Don Helbig, showing the new Snoopy Gliders.

I like that he's good at PR talk, but you can still see he's a fan of the park. That's a combo that's hard to find nowadays- just listen to a podcast sometime and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 5

Hello,

I've searched the forums and the KI website and app with no luck - any idea on the height requirements (if any) for the two new rides?

Thanks!! I love these forums!

I found 36" for both rides on the website. Maybe they just put both rides live on the site? On the mobile site, click on rides, then Planet Snoopy. There will be a list with pictures of all the rides with height requirements. You can then click on each ride for additional info.

• Like 5

Speaking of preview night, I'm curious as to whether there will be fireworks. It IS a 10 PM closing, after all.

Ah, but it's not a 10pm closing on a public operating night in the main season (before Scarowinds.. er, Halloweekends.. no, wait, Haunt).

Yes, there will be fireworks both Friday and Saturday night. It will be the standard nightly show.

Source: myself, a pyrotechnician.

• Like 8

Thanks! I kept looking under "Rider Height Requirements" which has not yet been updated. It looks like the Space Buggies are 36" on the front screen, but if you drill in it says 42" .

Gah! Curses! :) I grabbed a map on my way out tonight. Woodstock Gliders: min height is 36" and between 36"-42" must ride with adult. Snoopy's Space Buggies doesn't have a min/max height listed but less than 36" must ride with adult. I hope that helps!

• Like 4