Ladies and Gentlemen, Girls and Boys:

The Interpreter

It was a great night. Rode Banshee 7 times, came ONE row away from being 2,000,000th, rode The Beast's second to last train; if you saw a guy in a red Buckeyes hoodie, that was me!

Oh, and ohiocolts, you made an appearance in the 2,000,000th rider picture! (I was right next to you, if only I hadn't switched seats with you before getting on...) :)

• Like 13

I can't believe it's over. It seems like just yesterday, yet at the same time ages ago, that many of us gathered in the wee hours of the morning for a very, very cold Banshee Media Day. Truly a tremendous year for the park. It is very sad that it's over, but as was posted on the KIC Facebook page, "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened".

I don't think I'll ever get through a closing day without tears, though. This park is really special. Look no further than this site if you want proof. How many other amusement parks have a community like this, a community so family-like that many of us know each other in the real world and keep in contact regularly? I've made many friends here, including a few people that I would consider among my very best friends in the world. Kings Island will always be special to me. And I think it's fair to say that wherever life takes me, Kings Island will ALWAYS be my "home park". Until April, I'm going to miss Kings Island like Shaquille O' Neal misses free throws.

• Like 15

Agreed, it's been a great season; I was actually starting to get sort-of sad last night while working because I knew it (at the time, "it" was Haunt) was going to be over soon and I'd miss some co-workers I'd befriended during Haunt. Now that the season's over, I'm not sad, but happy that I got to end the season riding just about all the rides I wanted to plus I finished the season with a night ride on The Bat with a first-time rider.

• Like 5

Had and awesome season. My totals for the season.

Banshee 113

Diamondback 30

The Racer 29

The Beast 14

Vortex 6

Flight of Fear 6

BLSC 6

The Bat 6

AE 4

Invertigo 3

Firehawk 1

Now time for a winter slumber, and work on getting in shape. Looking forward for Opening Day 2015

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 3

I believe this song perfectly fits the end of a given amusement park season.

So, I encourage you to sit back, relax, take some deep breaths, remember fondly the season that has just transpired, and let the music do the rest.

Claude Debussy's Clair de Lune

Also, a big thanks is in order to Cedar Fair and Kings Island. This was an awesome season!

• Like 3

My best friend and I ended the night on The Beast. Second to last ride was Banshee and we missed being the 2 millionth rider by 4 rows. I believe he was in row 7 and we were in row 3. Same train, though, which was exciting. That was an enthusiastic train lol

• Like 3

Second to last ride was Banshee and we missed being the 2 millionth rider by 4 rows. I believe he was in row 7 and we were in row 3. Same train, though, which was exciting. That was an enthusiastic train lol

When I was on the 50-millionth Beast train, one young man a couple rows behind me broke into a spontaneous NSFW rap about being the 50-millionth train while we were sitting in the brake run. I definitely haven't been on a more enthusiastic train ever :)

I'm happy to see KIC was so well represented on the 2-millionth Banshee train. One of these days, one of us is going to have to win one of these, law of averages, right?! If it's me, I want to set up some sort of board contest/sweepstakes for who gets to go on the VIP tour with me.

• Like 6

Hands down, 2014 was the best season that I've had as a coaster enthusiast.

19 visits to Kings Island itself in 2014, Banshee Media Day and GOCC Midsummer Scream included. Dorney Park, Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags America, Kings Dominion, Cedar Point, Carowinds, and Stricker's Grove were also visited for the first time in 2014, all in company of KIC members that I've formed lifelong friendships with.

Also, I started the 2014 season with 41 coaster credits. Today I now sit at 82. Next year, will I finally get my 100th credit?

This season consisted of a water main break (and the countless phone calls I got from friends as I was on my way back to Cincinnati), greyouts on Intimidator 305, 2 painful rides on Magnum XL-200, being deathly intimidated of Kingda Ka (and not riding it, but one of these days I will!), ejector air on El Toro, a bug filled mouth after a front row ride on Mean Streak, deciding not to ride Mantis while getting ready to board (turns out I should have ridden), long car rides, Singing Mushrooms, an evacuation from Rebel Yell, and many other memories along the way.

I closed out the 2014 season this evening with a night ride on The Beast. I stopped by for just a little bit to unwind and get a night ride on this coaster and this coaster only. Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook know that it's been a stressful week for me as my Dad had a mild to moderate stroke Wednesday night into Thursday. Fortunately, it was caught in enough time and the staff at University Hospital took good care of him. He is now back home with little to no lasting effects.

42 rides on Banshee, 12 rides on The Beast, and 11 rides on Diamondback.

Can't wait for 2015! Will I finally get my 100th credit?

• Like 14

I did get top go on Saturday and it was almost depressing thinking it is coming to an end and this will be the last night for Haunt. A bit disappointing in last night though, no fog, half staffed houses, only seen a handful of actors roaming the streets, and 2-3 houses were closed that night.

None the less, I still enjoyed my last night at the park for 2014. Sadly it is unlikely my family and I will be getting a pass next year...

• Like 2

What a wonderful season, capped off with an amazing closing weekend. I can't decide what my favorite thing from this weekend was, between the Haunt walkthroughs Saturday morning, the 2015 announcement that afternoon, breakfast at Frisch's with friends, seeing the park in operation for the last time of the season, and a one-hour Banshee marathon in an attempt to become the two-millionth rider. And all of that finished by being on the same train as #2,000,000, three rows back (so since we all technically rode simultaneously, I consider myself a co-two-millionth rider :P), which I then decided would be my last ride of the season. Funny how, for me, the season ended the same way it began: riding Banshee with the sun below the horizon and temperatures cold enough to require gloves and several layers of clothes.

• Like 8

I want to know how they decide which person on a train is going to be THE winning rider....

I've thought about this since the first big milestone this year, and I'm guessing that they count from the front of the train to the back, and left to right in each row. It's the only method that makes sense to me.

• Like 3

I've followed this site for about 6 years now, never really had much to add. I got lucky enough to be the 2 millionth rider on Banshee Sunday (it was pure luck, There is kinda a story on how we got there). It would've been cool to meet some of ya folks while we was on there, that was, hands down, the most excited train I've ever been on

• Like 23

That rocks, freaks76! Glad to see the winner here. You didn't realize it at the time, but from what others have posted, you were surrounded by KIC posters when you were waiting and on that ride.

Congrats!

Thank you! it was very exciting, to say the least

• Like 4