Ladies and Gentlemen, Girls and Boys:

The Interpreter

I've followed this site for about 6 years now, never really had much to add. I got lucky enough to be the 2 millionth rider on Banshee Sunday (it was pure luck, There is kinda a story on how we got there). It would've been cool to meet some of ya folks while we was on there, that was, hands down, the most excited train I've ever been on

Actually we did meet, I asked you what kind of racing you do.

• Like 2

I've followed this site for about 6 years now, never really had much to add. I got lucky enough to be the 2 millionth rider on Banshee Sunday (it was pure luck, There is kinda a story on how we got there). It would've been cool to meet some of ya folks while we was on there, that was, hands down, the most excited train I've ever been on

Actually we did meet, I asked you what kind of racing you do.

I had a few people ask, Guess it was because of the shirt i was wearing

• Like 2

I should have stuck around the Banshee! instead I ended up going over to The Beast for my final ride. I hoped to get in the front seat but I lost track of time and got there way too late. Oh well, it was still a nice way to end the night (: unfortunately I had to wait to get my bags from lost and found after that.. haha.. the whole day my phone was an hour ahead because I assumed it would roll back on its own. nope. So I got a locker at 4:15 thinking it was 5:15, and that I would ride the Banshee until closing time. Ended up going way over my locker time without realizing it. D'oh. >_< I wish I had just stuck around the Banshee instead. I didn't know so many KICers were there (: I would normally describe my bag as an outstanding way to recognize me but I didn't have it on me at the time. If you saw a petite woman with her light brown hair in a weird bun with a green jacket and pink gloves, it was me. XP

opening day feels like just yesterday. it's going to be a long off season... I've already had a ki-related dream.

10785039_1540318482851893_1264737289_n.j

got this shot, been trying for years. was never in the right place at the right time. it was around 12:45 when this picture was taken (or it may have been 11:45.. not so sure anymore with the time issues my phone was having). It's like the park knew it would be my last chance to get it this year. :sniffles:

• Like 8

Awesome, freaks76! I don't know how good your memory is, but I gave you a high five as you were exiting the station. I was wearing a Gatekeeper jacket, gloves, and glasses.

I hope you stick around and post some more on here! I promise we don't bite! :)

I remember ya from the Gatekeeper jacket, but yea, i think i'll stick around for a while :D

• Like 6

Great season, all!

The Tb UFO chimes in with wishes for a happy off-season:

Why am I reminded of ELO and Boston?

It was another great year for me, park-wise:

• KI: Banshee Media Day (when I rode my new #2 steel coaster for the first time), opening day, Coasting for Kids, working Haunt, closing day, and all the other visits (20 total) in between.
  • Kentucky Kingdom: a great opening day there, I was completely shocked that I actually enjoyed it after the previous trip there!
  • Coney Island: July 4th, followed by the Cincinnati Pops concert at Riverbend that night
  • Kennywood: a return there (last visit in 2012), and finally got the other half of Racer so my coaster credit counts no longer end in a ".5"
  • Conneaut Lake Park: a return there (last visit in 2013) with a first time visitor and met two of our other friends there who were first-timers. Marathoned Blue Streak in the back row, finally was able to buy a CLP shirt in my size and a CD of their carousel organ
  • Waldameer: first ever visit there and had the two friends that had joined us at CLP join us here as well, Ravine Flyer II (the 6th best wooden coaster in the world, as the park loves to remind you), and the wonderful Wacky Shack & Pirate's Cove
  • Canada's Wonderland: a return there for me (last visited in 1996 & '97) and first time for Mrs. Gator & GatorGirl. My new #3 steel coaster is Leviathan, got to ride a TOGO stand-up again (and it was GatorGirl's first stand-up coaster, a clone of my first), torturing the Gatorettes by not telling them about Guardian's surprise (drop track) even though they continuously begged me to tell, and holy heck why don't we have a Sledge Hammer?!? Loved that ride!
  • Cedar Point: the annual Halloweekends Opening Weekend trip
  • Stricker's Grove: a cold visit, and even though Tornado wasn't open we still had fun

And it's still not over! We're planning to make our annual trip to Dollywood's Smoky Mountain Christmas next weekend, and a trip to Orlando to visit a park or two or three (don't know which ones yet, be they of the WDW, Sea World, Busch Gardens Tampa, Legoland or Universal variety) during the week of New Year's!

• Like 5

Great season, all!

The Tb UFO chimes in with wishes for a happy off-season:

Why am I reminded of ELO and Boston?

:lol: LOL! Because I'm a huge fan of both (and of the film 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'), and I used a vocoder to create the electronic voice, which ELO used a lot in their greatest hits! It all ties together! -Tb

• Like 2

That rocks, freaks76! Glad to see the winner here. You didn't realize it at the time, but from what others have posted, you were surrounded by KIC posters when you were waiting and on that ride.

Congrats!

Thank you! it was very exciting, to say the least
I had heard it was a KIC member that was the 2 millionth rider. That's awesome! That's a first! Congrats!
  • Like 7

• 8 months later...

Living in the District, I've still made it five, and hope to make it SIX...(and have been to SFOG, but need to get to GAd and NE at the least. Then again, much depends on Thursday. About which, more later. Or not.)

We'll see.

I hope.

Sounds serious, good luck.

I'm sure some of us will be waiting for Thursday

• Like 3