8-24 Aaron Carter

DragonLord

darn, this is going to be long. Short version is the last paragraph.

You know, I feel really sorry for a lot of the kids I met today at the concert because their parents (well, mostly moms) are total and utter b*tchs! I only met and had to deal with two kids (teens) but all the other kids were really great. The parents were just awful! "I want my money back", "where do I get a refund", "I can't see, my kids can't see! Make everyone sit down!".

OMG it's a f**king concert, we can't make everyone sit down! If you can't see, sorry! We can't do anything about it. It got to the point where we just didn't worry about kids standing on benches or anything. Oh, I want to shout out to those few parents who were really understanding and actually didn't yell at security for people standing up. I LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you!

Of course when the concert ended everyone pilled up to the stage gates trying to get whatever they can. Someone asked me what they were waiting for, I said nothing that no one was coming out to do autographs or anything. We had to push so many people out of Timberwolf, it took forever! Then there were kids backstage so the families were waiting in the seats while we were clearing the theater and this one lady starting fussing at me when I was clearing her out saying she wasn't going to move anywhere till they (the families waiting on kids that were backstage) left. I got into it with her and she got all up in my face saying "do you want me to report you?" like it was going to scare me. I said "Go ahead, I'm doing my job, here's my name and badge number" then she tried to go around me, and I matched her every move which really ticked her off. God she ****ed me off. Of course, she was the last one out of Timberwolf.

Oh, after J-Me sang, her family went up to the front by the pit and started handing out CDs which caused a huge rush of people by the pit and we had a mess... we really didn't like that, way too many could have gotten hurt and someone did fall (didn't get hurt thank God) and they didn't tell us that they were going to do it. It should have been thought out better on their part.

We almost took away a towl or shirt that Aaron threw to the audience because so many girls dove for it and got bumped and bruised trying to get it. We finally had to tear everyone's hands off of it and the one left got it. People do weird things for such stupid stuff... he's just a kid that sings! There's nothing else special about him, thousands or millions can sing like him (btw he didn't do one original song, just remakes of other people's and he sounded just like Michale Jackson) or better than him, so what's the point of getting so hyped up about it?

Long story short: People will stand at concerts, we can't make them sit down. If you can't see, tuff, don't go to concerts. When we ask you to leave, leave! Don't mill about or give us lip. Aaron Carter didn't sound that great, I liked Ashley Garland and Jerry Reid. Didn't care much for Jump 5 either.

OMG Do I feel your pain...I worked my share of T-Wolf concerts (Usher Supervisor)...They suck...Most of the time. Two Years ago at an Aaron Carter concert I remember having the same trouble...One guy got in my face like he was gonna hit me because I told his kids to get off the benches...It's for their safety, how hard is that to understand. I totally agree, most of the time the parents are MUCH worse than the kids! My all-time worst, however, has to be from the summer of 1999...Britney Spears! That was THE worst night ever....People on benches, Smokers, Ushers getting B*tched at...I remember a few of us Ushers going off on people...that was actuallly the best part rolleyes.gif Another good part - Britney lip synched the ENTIRE concert - even the spoken stuff! Of course it was a sellout crowd...All 10,000 seats! I know people have 'threatened' to report me as well, and I always tell them my name and say go to GR....As long as I'm doing my job, I'm not getting into any trouble! Actually, I remember the year of the Britney concert - the ushers & security got mentioned in the concert review in the Enquirer...How we 'ruined' (may have been a different word) the show!? I just laughed!

Edited by SML828

I would havta agree about the tshirt thing at the concert last night...I saw a couple of girls get smashed. This little boy almost got knocked over because of all the girls runnning to the stage...it was horrible.

I would have to agree about the adults too, tehy cna get a little B!tchy to the ushers/workers and even otehr patrons. The beer theys erve at these concerts do not help the situation eitehr. I do not think they should sell beer at a concert were the performers aren't even old enough to buy it. huh.gif

Since when do they sell alcohol at T-wolf? Is that something new? Or did people sneak it in? That shouldn't be happening - especially at a concert geared towards the younger crowd...Tonight's Billy Idol concert would be a different story - meant for a different age group! Speaking of Billy Idol - was anyone there? DragonLord? I was supposed to go with a friend, but we decided not to at the last minute - I'm SURE it wasn't even close to a sell-out - maybe 50%, if that ?!

Since when do they sell alcohol at T-wolf? 

Believe it or not, they were selling beer at the Al concert. But if you think about it from a business standpoint, they'll make money off the soccer moms and their high-strung dads if they sell beer at an Aaron Carter concert. The more stressed parents that come, the more money they make. Keep in mind that the Park alcohol rules still apply there too. tongue.gif

As for Aaron Carter, he's the brother of a teenybopper boy band who copies and fakes everything. I hate to break it to all the pop music lovers, but it's true. That's why I never listen to it. It's always the same stuff over and over. And the prepubecent girls can't get enough of it.

*listens to his Al CDs and Other music*

::Ends His Small Pop Music Rant::

Billy Idol is another story. From what I heard, the crowd was quite tame, but not Billy. tongue.gif He was howling some inaudible song that i couldn't tack. Mostly considering the fact that I was way over in Coney Mall.. lol. Eh, I bet it was ok.

~Shadow~

They didn't sell beer for Aarcon Carter, and the crowd for Billy Idol was great! I actually enjoyed the Billy Idol concert, it was really cool and the guitarist was awsome! I have only heard "White Wedding" and I didn't even know that was by Idol.

Even with the beer and all, it was a great crowd. We didn't have any problems. Most of the crowd of 4,000 were employees, I think the concert only sold something like 1200 tickets, the other tickets were given away. All was well, though, everything in front of the light tower was packed and we even let people stand up against the pit fence. It was just an overall all cool concert. If you were there, I was at the backstage gate the entire time (south side, looking at the stage it would have been on your left). I was able to watch the sound check (he played "Lost in L.A.", a great song!) but I didn't really get to watch the real concert.

One of our officers got a black eye during Aaron Carter... she got elbowed by one of the girls fighting over a jacket or towel or something. Poor thing had to put on a ton of make-up and wear sunglasses all night for Billy Idol.

BTW, Spears is not allowed to come back to the park.

Even with the beer and all, it was a great crowd. We didn't have any problems. Most of the crowd of 4,000 were employees, I think the concert only sold something like 1200 tickets, the other tickets were given away. All was well, though, everything in front of the light tower was packed and we even let people stand up against the pit fence. It was just an overall all cool concert. If you were there, I was at the backstage gate the entire time (south side, looking at the stage it would have been on your left). I was able to watch the sound check (he played "Lost in L.A.", a great song!) but I didn't really get to watch the real concert.

BTW, Spears is not allowed to come back to the park.

I'm glad the Billy concert went well - my friend and I didn't go...I figured it wouldn't be too crowded...

Spears isn't allowed back - not exactly shocking news! She was a MAJOR B*tch to everyone!

~~~~~~~

Side Note: Woo Hoo! This is my 200th Post! I'm Bronze now! biggrin.gif

Edited by SML828

lol...it's a shame...she's so hot tongue.gif

I totally believe that she's got a bad attitude. I heard this clip from Brazil (I think) in which she accidentally forgot to turn off her mic (maybe she played live that time?) and she was b!tching at the stage manager...

Is she really banned from the park or was that a joke? Was it something she did, or because the crowd was so bad?