November 1st & 2nd: The Trip Report

TheBEASTunchained

Well......It's been a while since I've made a trip report on KICentral, especially with my record low number of visits to the park, or any park, this season. I've been unavoidably busy this year and have only visited Kings Island 4 times this season...Which is less than any previous year.

I was glad to return to the park on Saturday and once again "come back home", and in this case, say goodbye to "home" until April of 2015.

I got to the park at around 10:30 for ERT on Saturday morning and didn't make it into the park until about 10:50, after trying to get comfortably warm and add a couple more layers of clothing. :P

After entering the park, I went and browsed the Thrill-Seekers shop while I waited on our very own KICentral member, "Original".

Once she arrived at the park we spent the day riding and socializing. It was a great, but a very cold day, and unfortunately most rides didn't open until later in the day.

The day got better as it went on and many more rides opened up, though Vortex's grip was not to be felt on Saturday.

Eventually, "Original" had to leave and so we parted ways and I went back to my favorite corner of Rivertown and enjoyed multiple rides on the world's longest wooden roller coaster.

I then decided to go to Action Zone, and hit the Coney flats along the way, until I got to my favorite Arrow coaster of all-time, The Bat.

By now it was dark, and from past experiences, I already knew that The Bat was THE ride to be on in the dark, if I wasn't already on The Beast :P

I got to The Bat and the crew at the ride was a little "odd" but they were FULL of energy and still ready-to-go. Due to the fact that there wasn't anyone in my row, I stayed on The Bat for 21 rounds and each time just got better. The Bat is one of the coasters at the park that, at the right temperature, and time of year, is noticeably faster at night, which provides an excellent ride. Thanks for a GREAT 2014 season Bat!

After leaving The Bat, I went and ate dinner at the Chicken Shack which was superb! I really thoroughly enjoyed my meal.

After eating, I walked around Action Zone for a few minutes, just taking all of the views in and contemplating what to ride next, but as I was walking I ran into KICentral's "princess sparkles" and her friends, which led me to join in on a walk through Son of Beast's station, also known as Wolf Pack. I spent the rest of the evening with "princess sparkles", her friends, and a Beast ride attendant named Kyle.

After a long and cold day, I left the park at around 11:30.

spdf2p.jpg

The next day, I arrived at the park at 10:30 to retrieve my Fast Lane Plus wristband, along with around 50 others, who were standing in line.

I proceeded to Rivertown, where I would end up waiting for 30 minutes until ropes were let down and I then proceeded to the world's longest wooden roller coaster, and ended up being on the first train of the day. When there was no-line at my row for the next 20 cycles, I was allowed to stay on for each. I left then and headed to Flight of Fear, where I then met up with "malem" and "beastforever" in the queue line. I left the ride and then went on to spend part of the morning with the KICentral crew, which is a pretty cool group of people. I met many more KIC'ers when I went to take the group photo, including "nochickens", "mrsnochickens", and "LoraX" just to name a few.

After the gruop photo was taken, I went on to spend the rest of my day with "princess sparkles" and her friend (a former Adventure Express ride-op).

I really enjoyed the rest of my day at the park with "princess sparkles".

We had one last ride on Banshee and I was going to leave the park, but I was so hungry for another ride that I turned around and used my FastLane Plus to strike one final ride of the season, front seat, on Banshee, to end what was a GREAT weekend and season.

(Very many details were left out in this report in an effort to save time and make an interesting read. :P )

Thanks for a great 2014 season Kings Island!

1054d8y.jpg

(Spelling and other corrections to be made soon, if needed)

• Like 8