So what did you ride the most times this year?

Miythandria

1.Banshee: 17
2. Diamondback, Adventure Express, and Dodgem (Cedar Point): 7

3. Many rides at 6

I'm now realizing that I didn't get a very good year of riding this year... the least I have had since I started getting a pass in 2010. That is going to have to change next year.

However the few rides I did have were pretty diverse, for me at least, as I made it to Stricker's Grove, Holiday World, Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Zoombezi Bay at the Columbus Zoo this year.

• Like 2

I finally crunched the numbers tonight and the following are this season's (and some all time) results:

-My most ridden coaster this year was Banshee with 21 rides. This was followed by a tie for 2nd place between Adventure Express and Vortex (16 rides each!) and Beast in 3rd place with 14 rides!

-My most ridden flat was Drop Tower for the third year in a row (even with it being down at the start of the season) with 9 rides. This is closely followed by a surprising three-way tie for 2nd place: Boo Blasters, Viking Fury and Zephyr (5 rides each). Delirium is in 3rd place with 4 rides.

-There were 4 rides that I didn't ride at all this season. They were Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown; WindSeeker, Woodstock's Express and Xtreme Skyflyer.

-The most watched show is The Boyz are Back (shocking, I know :P) with 13 times

-For the first time, there is a 2-way tie for the most times going through a Haunt maze; I went through both Slaughter House and Club Blood twice this Haunt season.

Finally, I'd like to make some general remarks about my all-time ride (coaster) count highs: Adventure Express is still #1 (in ride counts, that is) with 64 recorded rides since I started counting in 2010. Despite riding The Bat only 5 times this year, it is still the all time #2 most ridden coaster at 53 rides. Vortex is #3 at 51 all-time rides. For those wondering how Banshee stacks up, she's in 9th place, but that's only because she's the newest KI coaster.

I apologize if this is super long, but I really enjoyed finding out these results and more importantly, had a great 2014 season both working and playing at Kings Island! Here's to 2015!

• Like 7

Vortex, far too many times to count. And the coaster I rode the least, excluding Planet Snoopy, was Diamondback. If I want to ride boring coasters, I'll go to Sandusky and ride Millennium Force. At least there I can have cheese on a stick while I wait in line.

Actually, despite Kings Island being my home park, there were several rides at other parks that I rode more than I rode Diamondback this year. Namely, Magnum XL-200, Phantom's Revenge, Leviathan, Viper (of the Darien Lake variety). And I couldn't even tell you how many times I experienced The Runs at Kentucky Kingdom. When referring to roller coasters, The Runs are a wonderful experience.

• Like 6

Banshee was definitely #1 for me (not sure how many rides, but I rode it 3-4 times each day I spent at KI).

While Banshee isn't my favorite, it had a quick line and it's a fun ride!

Banshee was closely followed by Firehaw .

For some odd reason, when I went to Kings Island, Firehawk didn't seem to have a very long wait. In fact, most of the time it was a walk-on.

Also, I haven't been on this site much lately. With school, band, and having a job, I dont have the time.

• Like 5

Banshee 113 times , of course Brendan Carey rode it 1191 times. He just missed the 1200 mark.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

Is he in his 40s ish maybe older? Died his hair purple and shorter/shaved on the sides? I saw a guy matching this description ride Banshee all day long. He had a Fast Lane and rode Banshee exclusively. I asked him how many times he had been on the ride around 6 or 8pm and it was some super high number between 30 and 60 something ( I know that's a large range but I don't recall the exact number.). I asked him why and he said "Why not? It's the best ride in the park. Why ride anything else?"

As for me I have no idea the number of times I rode what but I can safely say I rode Banshee the most by a HUGE distance over whatever was second.

• Like 4

Well, I only managed to make 3 amusement park trips in 2014, all to Kings Island...even though I did get a pass and still do feel that it was worth it. Nonetheless, I didn't get more than 3 rides in on anything, but did get 3 rides on a handful of rides...

Banshee

No duh, considering this was the big new ride for the season of course it would be ridden a lot for me. 2 daytime rides, one with a 4 1/2 hour wait on opening day but took front row and the second was a walk-on on a weekday in May, and then one night ride on the first Saturday of haunt in September. All 3 rides were fast, forceful, and awesome.

The Beast

My favorite ride in the park no this one is another huge "duh"- ironically in this case the night rides outnumbered the daytime rides 2 to 1 though. The ride was running great this season as well, the offseason track work they did really seemed to do wonders. Felt a bit slower than usual at points on the May trip though (the one daytime ride I got)- the coaster seemed to run best at cooler temperatures in 2014 as it was incredible for the night rides.

Diamondback

Along the lines of The Beast, Diamondback gave some of its best rides I have ever had on it this year- the rattling was barely there and only on the first drop, and the airtime just felt stronger and like it lasted longer. This may have been due to me finally trying from the very back though- and boy, doing that at night made for an incredible ride to open up my HH visit. ;)

And now, the one that caught me off guard and pre-season I never would have expected to ride 3+ times in one season...

Backlot Stunt Coaster

Well, usually this thing has a big line, but I got lucky (well save opening day when the wait was 45 minutes but my sister really wanted to do it) this season and found some short lines on 2 trips- and behold, BLSC is actually a pretty solid family ride. And it gets a pretty sizeable thrill boost at night I would not have expected- really makes the cop chase and helicopter scenes more epic.

Honorable Mentions- Rides I got 2 rides on in 2014 but not 3: Flight of Fear, Vortex, and White Water Canyon. FOF and WWC were both on a single trip (the May one) and were immediate re-rides. Vortex was ridden once in May, and again at night in September.

There were a LOT of rides I rode once and only once in 2014 (noteables there would be the newly re-themed Bat, and the new-for-me WindSeeker and RFYLCB Log Flume both of which I hadn't ridden until 2014). Didn't manage to ride Firehawk in 2014, oddly enough.

Overall it was an awesome year for me. :P

• Like 3