What is on your off-season improvement list?

IndyGuy4KI

We now know what KI's list of improvements will be this off season to prepare for 2015, but do you have any for the park that you would like to see happen? This is just your personal wish list and nothing more.

• I would love for DB's trains to get some TLC. The poor seats (especially the head rests) are very dirty. It would be nice to see them cleaned and shiny!
  • The Racer being repainted is always on my list, but realize that is easier said than done. I realize that it being painted is not going to change the ride experience.
  • Like 5

What they're doing for 2015 is awesome! However, if given the question at hand:

I'd love to hear some majestic, bombastic, symphonic music over the Royal Fountains again (take the pop over to Action Zone/Coney Mall)...

I'd at least vacuum the apparent 40 years of dust bunnies from around the air diffuser in the ceiling of Boo Blasters' queue compartment (I really don't think that dust is a theming element)... and get "Faux Shaggy" running around again ("Skeleton Chase" scene).

• Like 12

Many small things that have already been discussed; theme improvements on Boo Blasters, Adventure Express, BLSC, etc.

I would love if International Street had, as Thrill_Biscuit put it, "majestic, bombastic, symphonic music". Part of why parks like Islands of Adventure are so great is the amazing music that you hear as you walk in; the adventure begins.

I still think the entrance needs a change, but that probably won't happen.

Repave the associate parking lot. It is horrible. I don't know about the guest parking lot.

Just give the park some TLC. Honestly, I found very little faults in Kings Island this past summer.

• Like 7

Fix all the guns on boo blasters. (Only the middle gun on car 14 seems to work ok)

Something that i think would be cool if they did would be to turn WindSeeker Backwards.

That would be fun.

Or just have it be a face to face kind of ride like Invertigo.

• Like 4

^ CAR 24 far right gun works amazing. Don't know why I would share that but there you go.

Wishlist:

- dtk1378 ideas

- IndyGuy's Diamondback idea would be nice.

- Some new paint for the trains. It is annoying to see people who write a bunch of crap on it.

Edit: When I say trains I am referring to the KI Miami Valley Railroad. Sorry for the mix up.

• Like 3

^ CAR 24 far right gun works amazing. Don't know why I would share that but there you go.

Wishlist:

- dtk1378 ideas

- IndyGuy's Diamondback idea would be nice.

- Some new paint for the trains. It is annoying to see people who write a bunch of crap on it.

Just to be clear, you are referring to the K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad trains and not a certain coaster train?

• Like 1

Well they've already got 2 of my annual list of "offseason improvements" on the drawing table. The return of the Flying Scooters is the obvious one, but getting ride of that God awful layout on Snoopy's Splashdance has been on my list for a long time. I didn't mind the thing, but having an attraction designed for small kids that would require the kid to entire one side of the attraction and exit on the opposite side, while also getting out of the attraction before a parent could possibly get around to the exist was a lawsuit just waiting to happen some day. I'm glad it never did, but I can't believe how incredibly poor the layout out was, how hard would it have been to have the exist loop back around near the entrance.

Other items that will remain on the list:

Tower Gardens. So much potential, gone to waste. If anyone has seen the Coney Island layout that they've done at Entetrainment Junction, I think something similar back in that area would be awesome. Have a mock up of the park in its original state, historical biography playing on TV in the backgrounds, perhaps a little gift shop that could sell nostalgic replicas of old ride shirts (The Bat, The Demon, etc...). Then perhaps thru the years you add more mockups, a mock up of The Beast for instance w/ a biography playing on TV behind it would be pretty cool. Move the KI Hall of Fame into that area, its so tucked away that few people probably even notice it when they're in the park.

Repave/repair the parking lot. Obviously not an exciting idea, but I think its something that a lot of people would be thrilled to see happen.

As many have mentioned, music on International Street.

Fix the clock on the Fest Haus.

• Like 10

A few things I'd like to see:

- As others have said, I'd like to have the old majestic music return on International Street. This is something I've been wanting for a long time, I'm cautiously optimistic that with so much focus on improving that area (including the very nice facade on the new Starbucks location) that 2015 could be the year. Keeping my fingers crossed.

- Get rid of the dinosaur in front of the Royal Fountains

- Clean up the Tower Gardens, turn on the waterfall, and quit using it as a giant smoking area. Let it once again be a relaxing area for all guests where they can get some shade and have a snack at a table next to the waterfall, maybe even put a small flat ride there or make it a park history area. As it is now, it's the place to go if you want to see dead leaves from last fall sit where there used to be water flowing.

- Fix up the theming on Adventure Express. I'd also say fix the theming on Boo Blasters, but I'd like to see that replaced with an all new dark ride... so until then I guess just get rid of the FUNtvs in the queue.

- Racer back to its original color scheme.

- I'd like to see the return of operation to the Glockenspiel on the Festhaus

- In general, I'd like to see the different areas of the park treated as such again. I know they're not perfect, but it'd be nice to have area specific music and signs with the names of the area at the entrances. Just because there have decisions and ride additions in the past which have not made sense for the theme of the different "lands" or that it's not a Disney Park doesn't mean they have blast the same pop music throughout the whole park.

I know a couple of the things I named are somewhat larger projects, but a lot that I listed are small things that, in my opinion, would make a big difference. All that being said, I'm really excited to see what they have in store this off-season. Years like this where the focus is on making general improvements around the park make me just as excited as getting a big roller coaster.

• Like 9

^Triple yes on the dinosaur! Or, as I call it, the "darneyesore". It's cool and all, but it kills the otherwise awesome photo-op that is our Royal Fountains! Put it atop the front gate, I say (lol)...

Also, return the Eiffel Tower's original lighting package to its former glory. Floodlight technology has changed, I think. Jus' sayin'.

Still, ultra-kudos to the park planners and designers for all the awesome work they continue to do!

• Like 7

I'm clearly a bit slow today but I read this thread topic on my phone and was confused. It made me think of list of improvements in personal life this off season...like learn how to XYZ, finally do ABC, move on do-re-mi. That is a completely different topic from personal list of improvements at KI. Figured someone else would get a laugh at my inability to read a topic correctly.

• Like 4

Still, ultra-kudos to the park planners and designers for all the awesome work they continue to do!

Thanks for bringing that up! I did not create this thread for it to be a place to complain, but state what we as enthusiast would like to do withe the park we love so deary if we had free reign to make changes ourselves, and of course no limit on capital to do so! :)

• Like 7

Let me just say ditto on everything.

Although- with the major remodel promised of International Street--- I'm guessing its going to be de-internationalized- so, be prepared for pop music all over the joint.

Not the worst thing, at least at this point they'll concede that it's not "international" anymore- that is if this is correct.

^Triple yes on the dinosaur! Or, as I call it, the "darneyesore". It's cool and all, but it kills the otherwise awesome photo-op that is our Royal Fountains! Put it atop the front gate, I say (lol)...

Also, return the Eiffel Tower's original lighting package to its former glory. Floodlight technology has changed, I think. Jus' sayin'.

You really would like to see the old lighting on the tower? I had a lengthy discussion about this with one of my friends. Essentially, my feelings on it are that I like the current lighting package better than the old one, but it would be cool to light it up in the old way every once in a while just to do something different.
  • Like 2

Let me just say ditto on everything.

Although- with the major remodel promised of International Street--- I'm guessing its going to be de-internationalized- so, be prepared for pop music all over the joint.

Not the worst thing, at least at this point they'll concede that it's not "international" anymore- that is if this is correct.

There are still some aspects of International Street that are still international, so to speak. LaRosa' s Pizza, for example, an Italian style restaurant, is located in a building with an Italian facade, Auntie Ann's Pretzels is located in a building with a German facade. Despite Auntie Ann's being an American restaurant, pretzels are a Bavarian food. Let us not forget the European facades are still there, with the Eiffel Tower being the star attraction. It may not be 100%, but it still has some life left in it. I like to think of todays International Street not as a detheming of a cultural celebration, but rather a reflection of what Europe is like today. The new Starbucks, for example, looks like a Swiss coffee house, and I am sure there are plenty of Starbucks stores around the world, including Switzerland, and the new Yogurt Plus will look like it's disguised as a French ice cream parlor, judging by its architectural facade. The background music should not depend on the theme as much as it should reflect the mood and majesty of the sight of the fountains and the Eiffel Tower. It should also reflect peoples excitement for their awesome day that they are going to have. So, despite it losing a large amount of the international theming, anything symphonic and orchestral will still blend in with the Eiffel Tower and the beautiful Royal Fountain.

Sorry about the speech, I do tend to get preachy about these things sometimes. I am really excited about what next season will await!

• Like 7