What is on your off-season improvement list?

IndyGuy4KI

I would like to have more "landscaping" on both sides of Beast's track length. I think it needs to be "buried" more than it is currently. There's way too much stuff seen when you're on the ride - and you don't have the same experience the ride once offered when first built.

• Like 4

One wonders, since we know Don is good with knowing numbers. How long does it take to rehab a coaster train? How long do they spend working on each coaster including inspecting track and working on trains? Which trains are the hardest to work on? Don, can you give us answers to any of those questions?

One wonders, since we know Don is good with knowing numbers. How long does it take to rehab a coaster train? How long do they spend working on each coaster including inspecting track and working on trains? Which trains are the hardest to work on? Don, can you give us answers to any of those questions?

With all due respect to Mr.Helbig, he is a PR guy, not maintenance. Unless he has done said maintenance job, there's no way he can honestly answer your questions.

With all due respect to Mr.Helbig, he is a PR guy, not maintenance. Unless he has done said maintenance job, there's no way he can honestly answer your questions.

Each car is from the rides is stripped down to every last nut and bolt. It's in the neighborhood of 6,500 parts for all of the coasters combined. Diamondback alone has more than 1,600 parts checked annually. Everything that you can imagine is disassembled and looked at and then rebuilt over the winter. A ride like Backlot Stunt Coaster will take 4-1/2 months to do the nine cars on it. Firehawk is up there as one of the hardest trains to work on. A lot of very detailed work with all of the coasters and other ride vehicles.

• Like 18

Each car is from the rides is stripped down to every last nut and bolt. It's in the neighborhood of 6,500 parts for all of the coasters combined. Diamondback alone has more than 1,600 parts checked annually. Everything that you can imagine is disassembled and looked at and then rebuilt over the winter. A ride like Backlot Stunt Coaster will take 4-1/2 months to do the nine cars on it. Firehawk is up there as one of the hardest trains to work on. A lot of very detailed work with all of the coasters and other ride vehicles.

Hey, Don is it possible for you to snap some pics of the Diamondback, Backlot Stunt Coaster, and Invertigo cars for us to see, please? I want to see what they look like when they are not on the track. :)

• Like 1

I would like to see ( surprised that no one said yet on here at least I think...) is retheming AZ to a more spooky theming and changing the names of the rides in the area (excluding The Bat and Banshee). along with lights and possible fog to go with the area.

This is something more silly but, I think it would be kind of cool to have the worker name badges have their hometown and state (or if out of country, their hometown and country name) on them like the way Universal and Disney do. Also uniforms that fit each ride or job. So something like The Racer, use a look,that is similar to the uniforms used when the park first opened, AE, use miner uniforms etc.

Cut back on the number of live shows, and improve the quality of the ones that remain, with some new shows for the 2015 season. A show during the Miami Valley Railroad train ride. A night show. Timing the shows at different times of the day. (this year one show would start, so would 2-3 others...)

These are some things I would really like to see. Sure a new dark ride would be nice and so would a lot of other things, but some of these things seem a bit more doable for next year.

• Like 1

This is something more silly but, I think it would be kind of cool to have the worker name badges have their hometown and state (or if out of country, their hometown and country name) on them like the way Universal and Disney do.

Kings Island draws much of its workforce locally. Lots of "Cincinnati" nametags wouldn't be very interesting, and - in the case of minors - such information shouldn't be shared at all.

I believe that Cedar Point includes universities/cities on nametags. Its seasonal employees are largely from outside the Sandusky area, and the vast majority are over 18.

• Like 6

Mostly, I think the park looks great as it is, but I definitely think that Flight of Fear should be repainted (or something) as my last few rides on it have been pretty rough (hence one of the reasons I didn't ride it on Closing Day). Also, I think the waterfall in Tower Gardens should be restored, even though it's now known as a smoking area. Other than this, I have no other ideas.

• Like 1

Repairing the water elements in Tower Gardens would be fantastic. That area, in it's former glory, was beautiful and a great place to just relax. Being a smoker myself, even I see that wonderful space as a waste. And in this era of this OR that, there really is no reason the back corner couldn't be both.

Not going back to quote, but someone mentioned the Festhaus clock being removed. Is it possible it was removed to be repaired? I for one hope this is the case.

Racer, "sigh", I so miss the original paint, that would make my heart soar.

AE, while I do think FUNTV was a great addition, it just doesn't fit here ( or BooBlasters for that matter). Refurb the ride elements.

• Like 5

Safety regulations, litigation, and misbehaving riders. Headrests primarily prevent rearward exit from the train. You will find very few unaltered PTC wood coaster trains.

Yet another reason I so miss Rolling Thunder. It still had flip down lap bars!

As for Beast going to three benchers, the shorter wheelbase handles the curves with less track wear.