The 2015 Announcement Poll

jcgoble3

I'm glad for everyone on here that loved the Eagles that a form of them are coming back. For me, personally, though, I never caught the fever (along with Phantom Theater). However, if a new version of Skylab was coming back, look out!

I'm also really looking forward to the Starbucks, the yogurt and candy shops, and for SR&R coming back.

• Like 2

Here's my summary: Cedar Fair knows how to make people happy now. Ouimet sees history, and he sees profit too. A wise man he is, and one to lead the company to add this addition. I love every announcement after Banshee, they all have been amazing and really reach out to the guest, not to penny pinch the guest. The additions aid Kings Island in ways that people have been questioning. I E, last year's GT's, I did see that people were very hesitant on how they made that conclusion, and this addition would help to cement their place holding for the time being.

• Like 3

I personally am not a huge Flying Eagles fan (I only remember riding them once when I was younger and don't remember much, plus the Stricker's Grove eagles didn't do much for me), however, I knew a ton of people on the site would go crazy (in a good way) if we got some, so I'm happy for them. Although I didn't care much for the eagles, I will give them another try to see what so many people see in these types of rides.

• Like 1

I think the additions are a good choice, but probably won't affect me any. The two new additions to Planet Snoopy sound good, but I probably won't make use of them. I used to like Flying Eagle type rides back in the day, but now anything that spins round and round tends to make me sick. I like yogurt places, but probably will never eat frozen yogurt at the park since my wife and I are never really there long enough to make use of food options. We tend to eat before we get there and then grab a snack on the way home or at home. I like Starbucks when I have a gift card I need to use, but hardly ever spend $4-$5 on coffee just because. Also, I don't really like coffee when it's 95 degrees outside. If Winterfest was a thing, then I would definitely by a coffee.

I can see where these changes and additions will benefit a lot of people and will be good for the park. Most the time I don't really care if I agree with them or not, as long as it keeps the park open. However, I'm hoping that before the next big coaster, we'll get something more along the lines of a new dark ride. Maybe next year, or the year after. I keep on hoping. :D

• Like 5

Jonathan -

The problem with your poll is that you essentially go from "this is exactly the announcement I wanted and it's perfect" to "some of it is disappointing" and then it's down hill from there.

The truth is, the offerings are exactly in line with what KI needs. The flying scooters have been a gaping hole in the ride lineup for ten years now. Maybe a Starbucks isn't a gigga coaster, but at least they're giving a much-needed hug to I-Street. Not much has been said about the "Sweet Spot" but just you wait until you see that. I think you'll quickly learn that improvements that simply make Kings Island a better, more beautiful place are every bit as important as a new ride.

You've got to remember that until 5:00 the previous day, many of you thought there wouldn't even be a new announcement or a new ride. The fact that so many awesome improvements were announced out of nowhere is a pretty darn good existence to have.

• Like 9

I struggled to come up with a good progression of options, and knew that they weren't going to be perfect. I probably should have just done a simple number scale, but what's done is done, and it's too late to change the options.

For the record, my own votes were:

• Some pretty good stuff, but I'm not interested in everything (I don't have kids and don't eat funnel cakes, so the Jump Around and new funnel cake stand are things that I personally have no interest in)
  • Exactly what Kings Island needed; they really know how to run an amusement park
  • Great addition; any snappable scooters are fine by me
:)
  • Like 2

Anything that makes KI a fantasy come to life is good for me. I see the bigger picture now that I have a son. It doesnt really matter what the costumed character is, as long as there is a one. It doesnt matter about the name/history of a ride as long as its enjoyed in fun. The magic when we (Older people on here 27 and up) were kids included seeing cartoon characters come to life. It was walking down I-Street and hearing music. It was looking at the front of buildings. Getting a blue ice cream cone or stopping to get fudge. It was riding a ride and measuring yourself against peers and siblings. When you walked into the park, you forgot about the outside worries.

KI has been doing this. From making the entrance look great with the brick pavers to the remodel of the area around Banshee. Maybe it lacks a "theme" per say but it does create a magical illusion. Seeing these structures on I-Street get some love is also a huge improvement. Honestly, how many "gift shops" do we need side by side on both sides of I-Street. Honestly, I couldnt tell you what was different from one store to the other.

The additions coming to Planet Snoopy are wonderful. The more I think about it the more excited I am becoming. I will get the opportunity to make memories with my son. These Eagles are not the original but the Woodstock Gliders serve the same purpose. A ride that can be enjoyed by many.

I am slightly disappointed by the destruction of the Kid Stage area near the back. As I have said, it was a wonderful place to watch a show and cool down in the shade. Plus the Charlie Brown show was great. My son loved the singing, and the crew always were super nice to the kiddos.

The only thing I would have loved more about this announcement would be if they mentioned a return of a kid friendly show in the kid part of the park. This past year, it was nice to see the Peanuts crew out and about on the stage in front of the Eiffel Tower. But during the day with all of that heat, sometimes the kids (and parents) need a shadey kid orientated show....

• Like 6

I struggled to come up with a good progression of options, and knew that they weren't going to be perfect. I probably should have just done a simple number scale, but what's done is done, and it's too late to change the options.

For the record, my own votes were:

• Some pretty good stuff, but I'm not interested in everything (I don't have kids and don't eat funnel cakes, so the Jump Around and new funnel cake stand are things that I personally have no interest in)
  • Exactly what Kings Island needed; they really know how to run an amusement park
  • Great addition; any snappable scooters are fine by me
:)

You see, I detest funnel cake... but I'm still glad that they're expanding the offerings. Regardless of how I feel, if the people are happy then I'm happy. That's kind of the mentality I try to have with this stuff.

• Like 2

I like that Flyers are returning to KI; a little dubious, though, about the placement. Still, it's all good.

Yeah, in a perfect world we'd get the old ones back - or even have the new ones in the old location, painted up like the old ones. But hey... at least they're back.

• Like 5

I like that Flyers are returning to KI; a little dubious, though, about the placement. Still, it's all good.

Along with that placement, I'd also expect the number of adults in Planet Snoopy to increase! :P

Seriously.

Woodstock Gliders are going to become the My Little Pony of the amusement park industry; a ride designed for families and younger audiences, but with a much-publicized cult following of adult enthusiasts.

• Like 5

You see, I detest funnel cake... but I'm still glad that they're expanding the offerings. Regardless of how I feel, if the people are happy then I'm happy. That's kind of the mentality I try to have with this stuff.

OK, I see where you're coming from, and I totally understand and agree with that view. What I was trying to get at with the "how desirable" question was just how much you personally are interested in the new stuff, without taking into account what you think other people will think (i.e. if you don't like funnel cake, then for purposes of this question, you're not interested in everything, even if you like the fact that other people will be interested in the new funnel cake stand).

But I can see where that may not have been clear now. However, since some people may have already voted with varying understandings of the question, I will just leave the question open to interpretation rather than editing a clarification into the poll itself.