Whats the difference between the Outer Limits Flight of Fear and the Flight of Fear Today?

kingsislandfan1972

Very last train of the day, ask really, REALLY nicely, and if most of the other people on the train are on board with it, and the ride op is in a good mood, they will sometimes be willing to flip the lights on for you. Sometimes, you can get lucky on the first train of the day as well, but from everyone I've talked to, last train of the night will be your best bet. I myself have gotten two lights-on rides that way.

• Like 4

And the rest of y'all can enlighten those of us who live life without "benefit" of Facebook.

Terp, who likes his job, and would like to keep it. (As a condition of employment, employee will not maintain a presence on Facebook, MySpace, or the like, will not Tweet...)

Wait, you mean there's still a MySpace out there? Interesting...

• Like 3

From the KIC Facebook page:

Outer Limits: Flight of Fear first introduced Kings Island's guests to the world of the paranormal activity in 1996. Being the first roller coaster in the world to use Linear Induction Motors to launch trains, it caught the curious eye of thrill seekers from miles around.

When Paramount sold the rights to "The Outer Limits" television show, this journey through the unknown returned - but dropped all elements of the show.

After the 2000 season, a new video was produced for the queue. Although it has much of the same content as the original, it now lacks clips and elements from the classic sci fi television series.

Check out the video below for an excerpt from the original Outer Limits: Flight of Fear queue line video

• Like 8

That video is really cool; I didn't know there was that much of a backstory to the video; I always just thought it was a cool video. Also, were the parts where Mr. Christopher says something about a publicity stunt for an amusement park's latest attraction and the crop circles that look like loops edited in after the Outer Limits content was removed?

EDIT: Never mind, I just realized that was only an excerpt of the video...

Interestingly, the "southwest leg" is in the south west area of the actual ufo and flashing lights occurred there when Mr Christopher was being electrocuted on the fiber optics connector just before the lights went out and KDs version is layed out in the same manner.

• Like 2

A little bit more love given to the Flight of Fear we know today, would make me happy. The flatscreens inside were a nice touch, but I feel as though the ride wasn't as smooth this year. A little tweaking and a bit of updating could go a long way.

It makes me happy walking into the queue when everything is in order, (lights, everything on, sound up, ect.) really gives the ride that spooky electronic feel. Even a slight detail can throw a mood off. Now that the Crypt is gone, seeing the most heavily themed attraction get some tune-ups would be quite a cool experience. :)

• Like 4

And the rest of y'all can enlighten those of us who live life without "benefit" of Facebook.

Terp, who likes his job, and would like to keep it. (As a condition of employment, employee will not maintain a presence on Facebook, MySpace, or the like, will not Tweet...)

Wait, you mean there's still a MySpace out there? Interesting...

It does still exist, but not in its original form. It's now owned by Specific Media, LLC and Justin Timberlake, and has a strong emphasis on music (it was relaunched as the "new" Myspace several years ago). Not really all that interesting in my opinion though.

• Like 1