Entertainment Line-Up for 2015

dtk1378

You know what I'd like to see brought back? The puppet tree. Now that was something I looked forward to every year when I was a child. When the new season rolled around, I couldn't wait to get to the park to see what new characters and songs would be part of the show. Ever year I had my favorite character puppet and song. My dad would take his camera and get a picture of that puppet for me. I remember one year it was a koala bear puppet that sang and danced to "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport." For whatever reason, I just really liked that part of the show.

Not sure if kids today would be into this kind of thing, but it was something I looked forward to most every visit to the park.

XD YES!!! The Puppet Tree, I've heard about that show. Are there any videos of the show on YouTube?!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kXLuAvw84g

Found it! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trl_LTRtKHI

Part 2

Also, I've been trying to find the show where Fred Flintstone dances with a carrot (as Terpy remembers), but I can't seem to find it anywhere...

EDIT: Actually, I think I found the correct show from this video, but it doesn't show him dancing with a carrot (link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruoRNC6m8dM- show starts at 4:31)

• Like 3

Found it! :D

Part 2

Also, I've been trying to find the show where Fred Flintstone dances with a carrot (as Terpy remembers), but I can't seem to find it anywhere...

EDIT: Actually, I think I found the correct show from this video, but it doesn't show him dancing with a carrot (link is here:

- show starts at 4:31)
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

PEANUTS Playhouse is the name of the theater being removed next year, and can be referred to as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PEANUTS Playhouse Presents: Charlie Brown's Petting Zoo

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

You know what I'd like to see brought back? The puppet tree.  Now that was something I looked forward to every year when I was a child.  When the new season rolled around, I couldn't wait to get to the park to see what new characters and songs would be part of the show.  Ever year I had my favorite character puppet and song.  My dad would take his camera and get a picture of that puppet for me.  I remember one year it was a koala bear puppet that sang and danced to "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport."  For whatever reason, I just really liked that part of the show.

Not sure if kids today would be into this kind of thing, but it was something I looked forward to most every visit to the park.

After it was removed, it wound up in somebody's backyard for a couple decades. There were pictures online somewhere of it, before it was scrapped, but I can't for the life of me find them again.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Only took a year, but found it!

From Facebook user Linda Mason:

The tree was removed from the park after the 1992 season. Upon visiting in 1993 ,my daughter spied the tree near a back lot dumpster. I called Kings Island the next day and they GAVE me the tree ( never hurts to ask) .After obtaining permits and insurance I had it transported to my home where "Woody" remained until I had to move without him and the new home owners eventually had him taken down.

WTpGgJ0.jpg 

Being lifted by crane to load onto a flatbed truck

ORu5MUX.jpg

Final destination

Dz5zby7.jpg

He finally got real leaves ...He's so happy.

I recall finding photos though of the tree's removal from the backyard... guess I'll have to keep looking for those ones :rolleyes:

• Like 8