Would YOU attend a KI Winter Event?

TheBEASTunchained

I know....The park just closed a few days ago.....But I've had this on my mind and it's never too early to just start a discussion about this sort of thing.....and get the creative minds thinking....

Cedar Point's Winter Chill Out event was a HUGE success last winter and such a success that it is once again returning this coming winter.

Although I do understand that this isn't Cedar Point, this IS Kings Island, and I think (at least for us) it would be really neat to have a KI off-season tour similar to Winter Chill Out at Cedar Point.

It would also be very neat to see this sort of event, if it were to happen, have "admission" that would benefit charity, just as Winter Chill Out at Cedar Point.

The whole concept of Winter Chill Out is great, in my opinion, and should be implemented at Kings Island as a way of letting the fans have an off-season look at what goes into preparation for the coming season.

Would you attend a Winter Chill Out event at Kings Island? Would you like to see what type of prep work goes on in the off-season at Kings Island?

Share any ideas here that you feel would make an event like this fun and interesting at Kings Island!

• Like 11

Would I attend? Of course. :) The KI/KIC "Winter Blues" events were apparently a lot of fun several years back, and it would be great to do something similar.

Don has often said that the off-season exists only for guests. I know that the park has been willing to work with KIC on such tours/events more recently, but winter is a busy season for the KI team. Hopefully it will work out again!

Aside from that, some of us are planning an "unofficial" event at Great Wolf Lodge (see here), and there has been interest in getting a group rate together for KIC at The Beach Waterpark's "The Beach Mountain".

• Like 3

and there has been interest in getting a group rate together for KIC at The Beach Waterpark's "The Beach Mountain".

Speaking of The Beach Mountain, there's a Groupon deal here. It's $17/person for two hours of snow tubing and a 12-ounce hot chocolate (with blackout dates), and can be purchased for 1, 2, or 4 people. That's better than even the weekend group rates. The Groupon is only available through Saturday night, though, so anyone wanting it will have to act quickly. (During the spring and summer, the waterpark side repeatedly ran the same admission deal over and over on Groupon, so it is possible that this deal may be repeated. But that is not guaranteed.)

• Like 1

I'd make the drive in a heartbeat. To roam the park, blanketed in snow, would be awesome. Personally, I'd love few things more than to have a chance to peek into maintenance. Seeing the trains being refurbished would make this poster very happy indeed. Or, the sign shop, I've been told that is a very interesting place as well. But all in all, any chance to see the park during it's winter season would be grand.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

For those you that weren't in attendance at the 2009 Kings Island / KICentral Winter Blues / Diamondback tour event, Here's a link to a PTR from the event by our very own "Gordan Bombay":

PTR: Winter Blues Diamondback Tour

And to go with that, for those of you that weren't in attendance at Cedar Point's Winter Chill-Out over the last off season:

(Video recorded and produced by the great, CoasterBob62)

• Like 3

I dont care what kind of weather it has to be, I will go to Kings Island. A winter event sounds nice, I havent actually attended WinterFest when it was at Kings Island, but I seen videos and it looked like something that the whole family could enjoy, im all in if something like WinterFest returns.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Myself, I think I might be a good time.  My son, on the other hand, would be all jazzed until he discovered that he could not ride anything.

Would all the rides be closed? For Kings Island I heard the carousel was open, and I'm assuming Boo Blasters would be open? Possibly Flight of Fear?