Would YOU attend a KI Winter Event?

TheBEASTunchained

Would I? Yes, in comparison to most holiday events; there is no stench of the kitties and there would probably be more of a Christmas event than of what I would find in other places. There is room to grow, to make a profit, that is since a zoo just 30 minutes south could boast a similar, smaller attraction.

(Similar in the fact that they both have animals and lights respectively.Of which I should mention that I have not been to the Zoo for years due to the native smells of the kittens)

Again, this is not about Winterfest or a Winterfest type event.

Please read the thread.

It's about a small gathering of park enthusiasts at the park during the winter--NOT a public event.

See a title, post?

Read some first.

Considering there wouldn't be much to do and the driving distance in what is likely to be adverse driving conditions, I'd give a resounding no.  

What in the wide world of sports was I thinking when I posted that?  I'd love to see Kings Island in the snow along with whatever else they'd throw in.  

• Like 4

I don't think I would unless you can guarantee me rides around the park in some sort of covered or not vehicle. I would be interested to see just once what the park looks like with snow on the ground and what Maintenance does.

But t if the question is do you want to wander around an empty park in the cold and see nothing behind the scenes or new, I would say nope nope nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this would be a ton of fun to have a winter tour of the park. Maybe a quick tour of the maintenance shops, sign/carpentry shop, see the work in the water park, the scrap yard(kinda far and by its self). Pretty much anything behind the scenes.

In the last couple of years, Don has done a really nice job of keeping the KI enthusiast crowd up to date on off season activities.  Last year he posted pictures of a Racer and Beast car completely disassembled with an explanation (video interview) accompanying the picture of what the process is for tearing down, sprucing up and then reassembling the rides.  I'd watch the park's social media pages as the updates came every so often just after the first of the year.  Given the job he does, I don't see a need to wander around the park on a cold grey day when Don is paid (handsomely we hope!) to do it for us. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...