"Killmart" Webcam moved to face 2015 construction

BoddaH1994

^^ Unconverting and reconverting that building each year would be a lot of work. My guess is that it stays a show building. With the Troika returning nearby with a new lighting package, it will be interesting to see if the area around it gets spruced up for the summer.

^ Assuming that you are not a junior, you won't be riding Snoopy's Space Buggies at all (unless adult companions are accommodated and you are with a child of the appropriate height).

• Like 1

It should be cool seeing the theater get razed as well.

My guess is that they're going to do what they did for the Nickelodeon character meet & greet, remove the stage, sets & seats but keep the structure

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

^^ Unconverting and reconverting that building each year would be a lot of work. My guess is that it stays a show building. With the Troika returning nearby with a new lighting package, it will be interesting to see if the area around it gets spruced up for the summer.

^ Assuming that you are not a junior, you won't be riding Snoopy's Space Buggies at all (unless adult companions are accommodated and you are with a child of the appropriate height).

True about the workload for the arcade, but wouldn't it be odd to have a building, right next to a ride and right on the midway be closed through the summer?

• Like 1

Son of Beast for several years.

One side of the turnpike cars for many years....

Tower Gardens current state?

Son of Beast's station still?

The Crypt's building?

The new building beside Beast's brake run?

Club Blood's building?

I'm sorry, but to someone that doesn't frequent Kings Island often, these things are, at best, tacky.

What's one more?

• Like 13

^ Especially at Six Flags St. Louis.

I like Haunt, but leaving the arcade set up for Haunt is excessive. Unfortunately, I think they're going to leave it that way, as I'm pretty sure they repainted the actual front of the building.

Son of Beast for several years.

One side of the turnpike cars for many years....

Tower Gardens current state?

Son of Beast's station still?

The Crypt's building?

The new building beside Beast's brake run?

Club Blood's building?

I'm sorry, but to someone that doesn't frequent Kings Island often, these things are, at best, tacky.

What's one more?

Better add the Action Theater to that list, too. I don't think it shows anything during the regular season anymore.

I used to look down on Kings Island in 2008 for not being the same as it was during the Paramount years, but at least Action Theater showed Spongebob 3D, The Crypt existed, Son of Beast's station served an actual purpose, the arcade was an arcade, etc. I realize that there are reasons that those things aren't around anymore, but there are now more and more buildings in plain sight that are empty and not accessible by guests for all but the last five or six weeks of the season. I agree--it looks tacky at best. It didn't bother me as much at first, but I don't think I like the level it's at now.

• Like 5

Seems excessive to keep that arcade shut down, all the arcades always seem very busy and are good alternatives during pop up rain showers. I would think the arcade brought in more money than Kill Mart, plus the scary façade would be way off theme wise for Coney Mall. Of course that hasn't stopped them in the past...

• Like 7

If I recall correctly the guy that gave us the lights on tours of the 3 haunts on KIC day stated that the arcade/Killmart building was given to the entertainment group for a new haunt. So I think that means the arcade is to be no more. With that said---- A non disguised haunt building will be kind of strange most of the time.

Later,

Mark

• Like 6

It is a lot of work, but Kings Island removed two of their "built annually" mazes (Holiday Horror and Slaughterhouse), which required complete construction and then deconstruction every season. I'd hope that with those two gone, the park is willing to utilize those resources to take down / put up Kill Mart annually instead.

• Like 3

Judging by the webcams it looks like they are referring to over where Snoopy's Splash Dance currently is, I saw some people working on it earlier. Also, thread is about the cameras being moved from Kill Mart to where the construction of the two new rides is taking place, it's just gotten kinda off-topic.

• Like 2