Festhaus

KIFlyer

When I was at Kings Island this summer i noticed the Festhaus has now lost all of its exterior theming including the clock, to go with the interior lose several years back. Is this the look going forward for the building, A big gerneric building for a food court and show? I remember way back, pre-Paramount, when it had great theming both inside and out. I Wish some of the off season improvements would include bringing back some of the building's theme.

• Like 9

Being the great great grandson of a German immigrant, I for one would love to see some love given to the Festhaus. I was very dissapointed at the begining of the season to see that the clock was removed. Oktoberfest as a whole has been behind, but with the addition of the Christian Moerlein Biergarten, the park does somewhat seem to be bringing that are into the right direction. I have eaten at the new biergarten a few times and I have to say, it was rather good. When I first ate there, it served German Potato Salad on the side of the bratwurst and saurkraut sandwich I had purchased, however that was not the case this past season. So with that addition, it would be great to see the Festhaus restored again, to compliment that area a little more.

• Like 7

Sometimes I don't get it.

I don't care that there's Italian-ish or Chinese food in the Festhaus. I get that.

But if you are going to turn The Racer around, bring back Knievel and Wallenda, etc. all in the name of nostalgia, why not make the effort to get this thing going too? It's no Eiffel Tower, but it was still a fixture in that part of the park for a long time. It's not going to be long before parents tell their kids, 'Back when I was a kid, there used to be a Glockenspiel up there. It played the chicken dance. It was so neat!"

To me, the cavalier destruction of things from the past while patting yourself on the back in the name of nostalgia is a type of hypocrisy.

I'm not against progress. You'll notice in my rant about the world's best kids' area I never said that it shouldn't have changed. Simply that what my generation had was particularly special. This, however, isn't progress. It's about parts, labor, and budgets.

Perhaps one day it will return.

• Like 15

I always hoped that they would get the clock fixed. For years the characters were just up there, stuck, not doing anything. I remember as a kid when we were near there, wanting to stop and wait for the clock to go off so I could see the characters come out and do their thing. For years I kept looking up at the clock, hoping to see that something was fixed. It was to my shock this year, when I looked up and saw that the clock was gone completely. My hopes for the clock being repaired were smashed to pieces. I understand things need to change, but this didn't need to.

• Like 6

This was, to me at least, one of the most devastating things that has happened at the park in many years.

The park, and its guests have lost something special, and this thing that many very people consider special, others might consider "simple" and yes, it is, but then again, it's still special.

All one can do is hope that it is brought back and turned into something as special as it was before.......

....One day.....My friends....

• Like 4