Joker animatronic for Six Flags Justice League Dark Ride

This......THIS is "What I Call" Dark Rides. The implications are, again, limitless with such an installation and I am already impressed (Note, I am a MARVEL fan, not a new age fanboy who only caught on after the Disney acquisition) . The Joker's face is cartoonish, but that is the same for who he really is, a cartoonish freak. Well played Sally and SIX, I may be taking a detour just to go to a Six Flags park this Summer.

• Like 4

Being a REAL Marvel fan who loved Marvel LONG before Disney's acquisition that's brought on all those new age wannabe fanboys, you certainly know that the Joker is a character owned by DC Comics and licensed to Six Flags under their agreement.

• Like 8

Yes, I was stating MARVEL to emphasize that I am not a fan of DC Comics, sorry for the confusion. This comes after today accidentally saying that a Romulan ship was Klingon, from the 2009 Star Trek film. <_<

(The mind thought, and the hands posted another thing)

• Like 2

That animatronic is almost creepy with how realistic and fluid the motion is. Wow.

High-quality physical sets combined with 3D effects and (what I am selfishly, desperately praying will be) a ride system like Curse of DarKastle? Sign me up right now. As much as I want to like the idea behind Wonder Mountain's Guardian, this seems like a much more impressive step forward in seasonal parks' dark rides. I am dying to get to St. Louis next year...

• Like 6

WOW...that is very, very nice. Something on this level would blow away Boo Blasters, and if put in the old building, would be an actual worthy successor to Enchanted Voyage/Smurfs/Phantom Theatre. :wub:

Not really too much more to say other than that. Six Flags may well have hit gold with these dark rides.

Also, on the topic title, that Animatronic is no joke. :P

EDIT: Title has been fixed so line above now makes no sense. The poster forgot the "r" in Joker's name.

• Like 4

I still prefer Cedar Fair over Six Flags, but these types of attractions, ideas, and quality are what CF really needs to improve on.

I'm just hoping Voyage to the Iron Reef will be an improvement based off what I've seen and heard of WMG. I feel like the amusement park industry, for the most part, is no longer focused on building the tallest and the fastest, but rather the most immersive and unique. To keep up and stay competitive, I really hope CF takes some risks in these areas.

• Like 3

To anyone curious, Joker and Cyborg (seen on the right side of the video) are the only animatronics in the attraction. Everything else will be screen-based.

Here's some information, pulled from my (shamless plug) "Rides and Slides" thread.

Justice League Battle for Metropolis - A 3D interactive dark ride experience that will allow passengers to shoot physical and virtual targets in an attempt to save the city of Metropolis and rescue Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Supergirl. The 3 minute, 20 second ride will be a collaboration between several big name companies: Oceaneering will manufacture the ten motor driven, motion based vehicles, capable of quickly accelerating and stopping. The six person vehicles will also feature four ranges of motion - forwards, backwards, and side-to-side. Sally Manufacturing will create two animatronic superheroes, a Cyborg in the queue that will inform riders of the state of Metropolis and a Joker within the ride. Pure Imagination will create the 3D graphics and films, presented on eight separate screens, the largest being 30 feet wide. Lexington Scenic will create the physical sets. Alterface will create the interactive gaming elements. The whole attraction will be housed inside a 15,000 square foot space, formerly used for the park's Action Theater. (The only difference for the Six Flags St. Louis one is that it'll only have seven cars and it replacing Scooby Doo Ghost Blasters: Mystery of the Scary Swamp)

• Like 4

But then we'd have to pay not only for the ride, but for the relationship with DC. As it is, Cedar Fair has kept their partnerships and licensing agreements few and far between. Six Flags did the opposite, and promptly dropped most of their innumerable licensing deals all at once... thanks to their bankruptcy.

But then we'd have to pay not only for the ride, but for the relationship with DC. As it is, Cedar Fair has kept their partnerships and licensing agreements few and far between. Six Flags did the opposite, and promptly dropped most of their innumerable licensing deals all at once... thanks to their bankruptcy.

DC Comics' exclusive US theme park licensee is Six Flags Entertainment Corporation.

The bankruptcy didn't cause the winnowing of licensing agreements. New management did.

• 1 year later...

Yes, I was stating MARVEL to emphasize that I am not a fan of DC Comics, sorry for the confusion. This comes after today accidentally saying that a Romulan ship was Klingon, from the 2009 Star Trek film.  <_<

(The mind thought, and the hands posted another thing)

I understood you perfectly. My brother is a DC fan, I'm Marvel.

We will concede to each other if the others' comic affiliation has done well.

Despite the fact I prefer Marvel comics, the Joker animatron looks great. My brother will love it.

• Like 1

Imagine if Phantom Theater had those type animatronics when it was around. Now that would be cool to see.

It could still happen in the future, Kings Island brought back The Bat, and nobody saw it coming!

I hope so. Not getting my hopes up for it, but I would be one very happy person if it does come back.  :D