Beach Mountain Preview / PTR

BoddaH1994

I was invited to Beach Mountain today for a brief preview a few days before they open to the public. Their grand opening is this Friday, November 21st.

Not every attraction was open, but I think the point of the day was to test the operations of Beach Mountain.

76b1c4fac5a4b741d9e1833905148076.jpg

The Magic Carpet that takes you to the top of the hill isn't installed yet. It is expected to be installed around the first week of December. For now, you need to walk to the top of the hill, which isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.

4d7171cdcdc304e4144751740ae5c95f.jpg

The view at the top is pretty neat. It's a long way down and certainly the heavier you are, the faster you go.

I'm not sure how they'll operate once they're open, but they were sending all of the tubes down at once. It almost turned into a competition of who could win the "race" and who could go the furthest. All of the accounts I've heard of people who got to test ride said that it was "faster than you think." I agree with this. Eventually you pick up enough speed to which every little bump feels like it's going to launch you into the air. This is, of course, all mental, but it definitely adds to the thrill factor.

ba3d97ac7d79113a2fd1a23051cdcf8f.jpg

[sorry for the darkness, it was getting late]

Another attraction they offer is targets for snowballs. Obviously, they're supposed to be gingerbread houses, but the targets are the windows. After watching only a handful of kids play in the area for just a few minutes it erupted into a full-fledged snowball fight. I imagine that will be a fact of life in this area.

420aeb8e7dff7c79ac7fc80ba3819ca5.jpg

Here's a photo of their spokesperson filming a commercial. This should be... interesting when it comes out.

In addition to the activities I mentioned, they will have things such as open fires, cookie decorating, and more.

Did I enjoy it? Most certainly.

Make sure you dress for the weather. It was a cold one today, and the next several months won't be much better.

I think the event is a little pricey. It's about $24 for two hours on weekends. Keep an eye out for Groupons and other discounts. They may be able to make it more reasonable.

I also thought that the event was kind of missing something. It's like the snow tubing is the star and anything else is irrelevant. I really think that if they added ice skating it would be a much better 1-2 punch. They still own the equipment for it, so you might as well take the risk.

Over all, I think that if this product is marketed correctly it can be a success. It is a fantastic opportunity for a company's holiday outing and has a wonder juxtaposition of fun for kids and adults alike.

http://www.thebeachmountain.com

• Like 3

Yeah, their hours are a little strange, but they have oddly improved. Their original schedule had them open 10a-10p on Jan 5th (the day that most people go back to school) and closed on Martin Luther King Jr Day - which should be their busiest day of the season if they play their cards right.

• Like 1

Wait, they have open fires there? Oh the humanity! (cross-threadin' lol)

Looks like fun, little out of my price range though. Did it seem like something a 4-5 year old would enjoy? I'm not sure my little one would be able to do the tubing yet, she had issues with the tubes on the water slides at Soak City, don't know how similar they are.

I was invited to Beach Mountain today for a brief preview a few days before they open to the public. Their grand opening is this Friday, November 21st.

Not every attraction was open, but I think the point of the day was to test the operations of Beach Mountain.

76b1c4fac5a4b741d9e1833905148076.jpg

The Magic Carpet that takes you to the top of the hill isn't installed yet. It is expected to be installed around the first week of December. For now, you need to walk to the top of the hill, which isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.

4d7171cdcdc304e4144751740ae5c95f.jpg

The view at the top is pretty neat. It's a long way down and certainly the heavier you are, the faster you go.

I'm not sure how they'll operate once they're open, but they were sending all of the tubes down at once. It almost turned into a competition of who could win the "race" and who could go the furthest. All of the accounts I've heard of people who got to test ride said that it was "faster than you think." I agree with this. Eventually you pick up enough speed to which every little bump feels like it's going to launch you into the air. This is, of course, all mental, but it definitely adds to the thrill factor.

ba3d97ac7d79113a2fd1a23051cdcf8f.jpg

[sorry for the darkness, it was getting late]

Another attraction they offer is targets for snowballs. Obviously, they're supposed to be gingerbread houses, but the targets are the windows. After watching only a handful of kids play in the area for just a few minutes it erupted into a full-fledged snowball fight. I imagine that will be a fact of life in this area.

420aeb8e7dff7c79ac7fc80ba3819ca5.jpg

Here's a photo of their spokesperson filming a commercial. This should be... interesting when it comes out.

In addition to the activities I mentioned, they will have things such as open fires, cookie decorating, and more.

Did I enjoy it? Most certainly.

Make sure you dress for the weather. It was a cold one today, and the next several months won't be much better.

I think the event is a little pricey. It's about $24 for two hours on weekends. Keep an eye out for Groupons and other discounts. They may be able to make it more reasonable.

I also thought that the event was kind of missing something. It's like the snow tubing is the star and anything else is irrelevant. I really think that if they added ice skating it would be a much better 1-2 punch. They still own the equipment for it, so you might as well take the risk.

Over all, I think that if this product is marketed correctly it can be a success. It is a fantastic opportunity for a company's holiday outing and has a wonder juxtaposition of fun for kids and adults alike.

http://www.thebeachmountain.com

What are the prices to get into the event itself without tubing?