Looping Water Slide ... yes, looping.

Um...vertical drop...when they leave the station and slide over the edge to drop vertically, if they go airborne in the slightest, they will crack their heads hard when they slam into the pullout...dumb dumb dumb...if they are riding inside a device inside the tube, there might be some cushion but still....Why is it important to loop in a waterslide? Who wants to drown inside a tube?

After digging a little deeper, it doesn't look like this is going to be a body slide, it appears that riders will be secured in some sort of semi-enclosed raft-like contraptions with a restraint. That should at least eliminate concerns for hitting your head against the top if you go airborne inside the slide.

I'm guessing (or hoping anyway) that riders being restrained in a ride vehicle means that it won't finish in a splash pool and will be more like the racing slides at Soak City, ending in a long section of slide meant to slow you to a stop.

• Like 2

Yes the rider will ride in a raft type vehicle and will be harnessed in. Not sure I see the point of this attraction and the raft reminds me of the transport system in James Bond Moonraker

Here is footage inside the ride vehicle during the ride.

Here are some additional specs

10805600_10204519316136301_8996681854117

• Like 6

So what's the point of this being a water slide again? To me, loops are only beneficiary when you can actually tell if you're upside down. Here, you're in this confined, claustraphobic rig going through an enclosed tube. It might as well be a roller coaster.

Also, where does the water go? Does it just collect on the bottom of the loop? The upper half of the loop won't have water either.

Overall, this just comes off as silly to me.

• Like 6