DROP ZONE @ PKI OR DZ @ PKD

Coney_man

I think PKD's is better because the drop is just a few feet taller to give you a little more airtime and ours hits around 72 to 74 mph instead of 67 mph. The DZ at PKD also holds more people per cycle with 56 compared to 40. Also, I personally like the color scheme of PKD's much better than PKI's.

rotation... view... we get to see the entire park, while pkd you are stuck in one spot the whole rdie to the top.... i think that the rotation gives a lot to the ride experience. while i have never ridden pkd's, i just dont think it can give the same ride as ours here at pki. :cowboy:

rotation... view... we get to see the entire park, while pkd you are stuck in one spot the whole rdie to the top.... i think that the rotation gives a lot to the ride experience. while i have never ridden pkd's, i just dont think it can give the same ride as ours here at pki. :cowboy:

I agree with you about the rotation. The best part about PKI's is that it stops rotating several feet from the top, so you think you're at the top at that point but it keeps going up! That's freaky.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I think PKD's is better because the drop is just a few feet taller to give you a little more airtime and ours hits around 72 to 74 mph instead of 67 mph. The DZ at PKD also holds more people per cycle with 56 compared to 40. Also, I personally like the color scheme of PKD's much better than PKI's.

No one besides someone who looked it up would notice that extra 10 feet. C'mon.

• 4 weeks later...

Geez, some of you people are so close minded. Look, for one, PKI's DZ is taller, but it's drop is shorter. So what the heck does it matter if the tower is taller but you go a shorter distance up that tower? Does having a longer stretch of tower above your head make it a better ride for some unknown reason? :huh:

There is no way to decide which is better to you until you ride them both. I haven't been to PKI so I don't know which is better and even if you have ridden both, that is your opinion on which is the best, so the world won't end if someone disagrees with you.