1980 park footage on Youtube

jandyb79

I don't know if any of you have noticed these newly uploaded videos on Youtube, but they are some interesting nuggets of KI history! The videos were uploaded by Youtube user VideoByGeorge. It's very cool to see a few of the now defunct rides and attractions in motion, as opposed to a photo still image. Check them out!

Enchanted Voyage full ride through with quality sound and video:

Coney Mall with Bat construction:

• Like 15

OK, Screamin' Demon's lighting package might be my favorite ever. I wonder if the Flying Dutchman still has the same lighting package in its new home. Or a better question, will it ever be seen even if it does?

Watching that video (the Eiffel Tower at night one, specifically) made me realize that I have nothing to compare it to. In all my years of going to KI, I don't think I've ever gone up into the tower at night. It's always been one of those things that I tell myself I can do any time, and then never end up actually doing.

• Like 6

Pretty cool videos. For once I can say i was too young to remember the park like that.

The one time I was gonna go on the Eiffel Tower at night, was 4th of July this year. Was gonna take the wife and girls up about, half hour or a little sooner before 10. and try to get a good spot to watch the fireworks. They didn't even make it till 6:00.

So i took them to the hotel room and done the next best thing..............coaster marathoning...........And I still don't even know IF you can go on ET during the fireworks..........

• Like 4

Pretty cool videos. For once I can say i was too young to remember the park like that.

The one time I was gonna go on the Eiffel Tower at night, was 4th of July this year. Was gonna take the wife and girls up about, half hour or a little sooner before 10. and try to get a good spot to watch the fireworks. They didn't even make it till 6:00.

So i took them to the hotel room and done the next best thing..............coaster marathoning...........And I still don't even know IF you can go on ET during the fireworks..........

Yes, you can. But, half an hour before? By then, the tower is typically shut to new viewers. It has limited capacity and many, many people want to go up there then.

That is, of course, assuming that one of 2015's new additions isn't Boom Lane!

• Like 4

It was really neat seeing the aerial views of the park from the Eiffel Tower. It's crazy how much the park has changed in even just 35 years. Really cool to be able to see this stuff in action and to see how it evolved over time. One must hope that Kings Island pays more attention to their burnt out light bulbs in the future, as Dwight mentioned, haha. :)

Maybe someday they will. *looks longingly at the sky*

• Like 5

OK, Screamin' Demon's lighting package might be my favorite ever. I wonder if the Flying Dutchman still has the same lighting package in its new home. Or a better question, will it ever be seen even if it does?

Watching that video (the Eiffel Tower at night one, specifically) made me realize that I have nothing to compare it to. In all my years of going to KI, I don't think I've ever gone up into the tower at night. It's always been one of those things that I tell myself I can do any time, and then never end up actually doing.

This is something you must do next year. Period. No other coaster credits, just this. Its one of the few easy and simple things that can be done but its breathtaking. I am assuming you have never seen fireworks from up there either...

• Like 4

We wound up on Firehawk once during the fireworks. It's definitely interesting lying on your back, ascending that lift hill, and watching a fireworks show at the same time. It felt like they were being launched right near us.

Kinda off topic, I know. Sorry..

• Like 2