Defunct themeparks

• 2 weeks later...

Opryland by all means is the defunct park that I personally went to that I'd love to see rise again. Geauga Lake was planned as part of vacation in which I scrapped that part of the trip something I now regret. So there's now much mystique for me there. Similar situation with Hard Rock Park.

However the park that held the most memories for me that is now defunct is Magic World Pigeon Forge TN. While part of the remains of the small park are now a putt putt golf course, it was a place of wonder for me growing up. Loved entering the pirate ship, crossing the suspended bridge past a dinosaur into a Magic World. You could ride a UFO high above the Smokies (simulator) Ride a flying carpet over an Arabian land. Journey through a haunted house or board the dragon train (may not have been a dragon that memory is fuzzy) through a prehistoric world. Plus there several other rides but nothing huge, still I often asked to go there instead of Silver Dollar City/ Dollywood. It wasn't a huge park by any means but that place was great growing up.

Edit: seems the suspended bridge entry was also fuzzy memory :) but for a view of this as well as some other lost attractions see http://www.volunteercabinrentals.com/smoky-mountain-blog/pigeon-forge-extinct-attractions-what-they-are-today/

• Like 7